ramhard is offline Registered User

WR in 2 of first 4 rounds

I know some might howl with the needs, but I argue that the Rams need to draft WR in the 1st and in one of their next 3 picks (or sign an all-star caliber WR like Vincent Jackson). The Rams need TWO top WR's to make the passing game click - not one. Danny A is a good slot, DX can't be counted on due to injury, Clayton is a great 2nd or 3rd receiver but older coming back from injury, not a fan of Avery, Gibson, or Robinson. With such a promising QB you shouldn't just have a solid WR core, you need a great WR bunch plus a good receiving TE (Mike H maybe or Fendi O maybe).

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: WR in 2 of first 4 rounds

I could see us doing something like that getting one of the big three in round 1 then another guy in round any of the following rounds especially after you see the immediate impact a 4th rounder like Mike Williams was able to make.

This year mike Williams IMO will be Greg Little out of North Carolina. Little missed the whole season because of breaking some NCAA rule like the rest of the tar heal team. He really needed his senior season because he converted from RB to WR 2 years ago. However he has strong hands can separate and is an extremely physical wide out look out for him in round 3 or 4.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I would have no complaints if we grabbed a 1st rounder like Justin Blackmon or Julio Jones, and then grabbing a WR that will probably fall into the second, like Jonathan Baldwin, Michael Floyd, or Ryan Broyles.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I would disagree. Over-emphasis on one position often means that other needs are not being addressed. I'm not convinced that a third or fourth round pick would be much of an upgrade as a rookie. Allocating 2 slots on the 53-man roster to rookie receivers probably makes us worse in the short run, and we can scarce afford to ignore other needs such as a solid backup runningback (also helps take the pressure off Bradford), secondary and defensive linemen to step in when Robbins and Hall retire.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah I agree with Goldenfleece. If we signed Sidney Rice or Jackson, it would give us a legitimate #1 and then Clayton, Avery, DX, and Amendola. I don't think that WR core is so bad that we can pass up on improving the G position, OLB, a DE, DT, #1 or 2 CB, backup RB etc..There are a number of holes on this team, and I think the WR hole can really be plugged with signing one of the top 2 FA's IMO