Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: WR in the first couple rounds?

msha is offline Registered User

WR in the first couple rounds?

Would anyone just absolutely love or hate doubling up at WR in the first 2 or 3 rounds? It may depend on FA for some people, with the Rams possibly making a play for Colston, Lloyd, or Bowe. But if the Rams could draft Blackmon in the first round and someone like Kendall Wright or Mohamed Sanu fell to the top of round 2 or the Rams get Cleveland's #22 pick, why not double dip at WR. If we can get a big FA WR and two impact players in the draft, it would certainly be very appealing to give Schottenheimer a better QB, RB, and WRs than he had in NY. Yes, I do realize that we still have other holes on the OL and defense that we can't ignore, but I thought I'd start a different thread than the usual mock draft (although there's nothing with them!). Thoughts?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: WR in the first couple rounds?

Too many WR's in my opinion. If we are targeting 2, then I'd say 1 through FA and 1 through the draft. We have a lot of positions to fill this year, and I really hope we drop back in the draft a few times.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

DA84 is offline Registered User

I could understand Blackmon and perhaps a guy like Brian Quick or Stephen Hill in say the 5th or 6th if they like them enough. Doubling up that early though is going to take away our chance at filling some major holes at other positions with possible day 1 starters.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by msha View Post
    Would anyone just absolutely love or hate doubling up at WR in the first 2 or 3 rounds? It may depend on FA for some people, with the Rams possibly making a play for Colston, Lloyd, or Bowe. But if the Rams could draft Blackmon in the first round and someone like Kendall Wright or Mohamed Sanu fell to the top of round 2 or the Rams get Cleveland's #22 pick, why not double dip at WR. If we can get a big FA WR and two impact players in the draft, it would certainly be very appealing to give Schottenheimer a better QB, RB, and WRs than he had in NY. Yes, I do realize that we still have other holes on the OL and defense that we can't ignore, but I thought I'd start a different thread than the usual mock draft (although there's nothing with them!). Thoughts?
    I would be in full support of the Rams picking up Blackmon and Jeffery in the second round if they end up getting Clevelands 2 first round picks. They can also pick up the OT they need and address the secondary and LB's in the later rounds and free agencies.

Go Rams

DA84 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHORNS View Post
    I would be in full support of the Rams picking up Blackmon and Jeffery in the second round if they end up getting Clevelands 2 first round picks. They can also pick up the OT they need and address the secondary and LB's in the later rounds and free agencies.

Go Rams
    Do you think Jeffery falls that far? I guess it all depends on the Combine, but he's still top 25. You could probably land Wright, Sanu, or any of the big guys like McNutt/Jones/Criner/Randle if any of them blow up the combine.

I should also amend my earlier post to include the possibility of a trade too. If we do acquire some of those extra picks then I wouldn't be opposed. My opinion is pretty fluid really until the combine and pro days play out.