Thread: the WR jam

keith m. klink Guest

the WR jam

let's face it, we want curtis back, but detroit wants him more. on other threads i have writen about our WR's and who and what i think, but let us take a look at who we actually have right now. HOLT- staying, BRUCE- staying, CURTIS- prob. going, MCDONALD- prob. going ?, DANE LOOKER-staying, WILLIE PONDER-prob. going, DOMINIQUE THOMPSON-staying, MARQUIS HAGAN-staying. with HOLT, BRUCE, LOOKER, THOMPSON, HAGAN, we have a really good mix of veterans and youngsters, as i have wrote on another thread, a 2nd round draft choice on a young receiver like a MEACHUM or HILL would put us in a great position, and the loss of CURTIS , MCDONALD and PONDER would not be such a hard shot. the coaches are very high on THOMPSON and HAGAN this year, thinking they will bring some talent that was not showing in them last year as 1st year players. i am hopeful that this is the kind of scenario that will play out for us. you may or may not agree, but i see the rams being o.k.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: the WR jam

i would love to pick up hill or steve smith in the draft...

keith m. klink Guest

if you guy's watched the combines, MEACHUM was a fantastic player, and the quality of this guy is amazing, and hill did very well for himself, maybe enough to leap up a round. either one would be a great addition.but if we ended up with meachum, nobody would worry about curtis any longer, his size and speed, and his hands , would put every fear to rest, i swear it would.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    if you guy's watched the combines, MEACHUM was a fantastic player, and the quality of this guy is amazing, and hill did very well for himself, maybe enough to leap up a round. either one would be a great addition.but if we ended up with meachum, nobody would worry about curtis any longer, his size and speed, and his hands , would put every fear to rest, i swear it would.
    I doubt we'd take him in the first, and he's not going to be there in the second.

keith m. klink Guest

nick, i understand that he might not be there in the second, because he is moving up quite fast, but the guy's on nfl network make a great point, in all actuality, they stated that 10 de's could go in the first round, also that at leastten receivers could go in the first round to very early second. it really depends on who wants what at the time of their pick, i was just saying that we could have a tremendous receiver with our 2nd round pick to calm all our fears, i just would like to have meachum. when asked about his entering the nfl draft, he said that he talked to his family, thought long and hard , and prayed alot, and asked god for guidance.this kid could be something special.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

So klink, what is so special about meachum? How is he better than Curtis is now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

He's going to be a whole hell of a lot cheaper, for one.

keith m. klink Guest

well, he is only a junior, at 6"2 217lbs, and runs a 4.36 , but it was his onfield presence, his routes and catching . and i never said he was better than curtis. but in our system, he is 8years younger, and would be just as effective.and wouldn't cost as much as curtis, and would bring more needed youth, and what else do you need to know. besides the fact that the rams were never going to pay what curtis will be getting from minn. or detroit. if he was wanted so bad, they would of gave him a long term contract last year, as i had stated on another thread.