Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: WR rankings!

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

WR rankings!

Take em how you want, but these are my WR rankings:

1a. Justin Blackmon
    1b. Michael Floyd (I think will be the better pro)
    2. Alshon Jeffery
    3. Reuben Randle
    4. Stephen Hill
    5. Ryan Broyles
    6a. Mohamed Sanu
    6b. Tommy Streeter
    7. Kendall Wright
    8. Brian Quick
    9. Marvin McNutt
    10. Marvin Jones
    11. Nick Toon
    12. Joe Adams
    13. A.J Jenkins
    14. Gerrell Robinson
    15. T.Y Hilton
    16. Juron Criner
    17. Jeff Fuller

Some notes: I think Michael Floyd will be the best WR in the draft. I do think he will be better than Blackmon just because of his nice size (6-3) and his ability to run such crisp routes. Blackmon and Floyd will both be pro bowlers.

I'd be interested in taking a WR in Rd 1 (Blackmon, Floyd - top 15) and another one in the later rounds, perhaps a deep threat (Streeter, Quick - Round 4) or T.Y Hilton in Round 6.

If we miss out on Blackmon and don't feel comfortable with taking another WR at 6, I'd happily take Reuben Randle or Alshon Jeffery at the top of round 2.

Ryan Broyles is worth a later round pick. Rounds 4-7 this guy MUST be picked. Broyles is one of the most dominant slot WR's I've ever seen and a positive is he played at OU and has a rapport with Sam Bradford.

I'd avoid both Stephen Hill and Kendall Wright. Hill is way to raw and will be a boom or bust prospect. People get too caught up in 40 yard dash times and physical attributes which are way to heavily overrated. Wright on the other hand I'm just not a fan of. He's tiny, and isn't particularly special at anything.

THE DREAM TEAM

Bing69 is offline Registered User
    If you think Floyd will be the better pro why not put him as 1a? Isn't that the point of rankings?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    HUbison, Nick, Bar-bq and 4 others like this.

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: WR rankings!

Is this your ranking for the Rams selection of a WR....or wide recievers in general...?...just wondeting

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I dont think Floyd will be a better pro, he'll be solid no doubt, but i still like Blackmon more and think he'll end up being the better pro. Nice list to btw, agree with most of it.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

I highly doubt floyd will be better than Blackmon unless floyd is put into a situation where he gets Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Rodgers as his QB

But finally theres someone else that wants to avoid Hill and wright i think they the stars of the 2012 draft all-hype team

also you dont think that broyles ranking is a bit high considering he is coming off an ACL injury those are not the easiest to recover from

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

And why are Hill and Wright ranked so highly if you would avoid them?

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I highly doubt floyd will be better than Blackmon unless floyd is put into a situation where he gets Peyton Manning, Drew Brees or Rodgers as his QB

But finally theres someone else that wants to avoid Hill and wright i think they the stars of the 2012 draft all-hype team

also you dont think that broyles ranking is a bit high considering he is coming off an ACL injury those are not the easiest to recover from
    Broyles ranking is high, but I don't believe the ACL injury will slow him down. To me he's probably one of the most ready WR's to step right in and produce in the NFL. Like I said though, I wouldn't touch him before round 4.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    And why are Hill and Wright ranked so highly if you would avoid them?
    I wouldn't mind taking either of them, I just mean I'd avoid them in the first 2 rounds. To me Wright runs nice routes and creates seperation, but benefited greatly from RG3. People are taking about him being the #2 WR being taken, which I simply dont agree with. If were taking somehow he slips to round 3, then I'd look long and hard at both him and Hill.

Hill on the other hand is simply overrated due to his combine. I have him ranked high because he is exactly what we need, someone who can stretch the field with speed. He brings a dimension we dont have yet, but again, I wouldn't take a deep threat in round 1 or 2.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Is this your ranking for the Rams selection of a WR....or wide recievers in general...?...just wondeting
    A little bit of both I guess. Its kind of hard to do just one or the other. I'm leaning towards the Rams selection of a WR.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bing nailed it: if you think Floyd will be the better pro, he should be ranked first.

Rankings should be a reflection of your assessment of a player. If you believe Floyd is the best player at his position and will be the best pro from this class, then back it up by ranking him above Blackmon.

Otherwise, it just looks like you're unwilling to buck conventional wisdom or, even worse, you're just hedging your bets. What I mean by that is, in three years, if Blackmon turns out to be a stud, you can say that he was your #1 receiver. But if in three years Floyd is better, you can say you called it too.

Pick a position and stick with it, please.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bing nailed it: if you think Floyd will be the better pro, he should be ranked first.

Rankings should be a reflection of your assessment of a player. If you believe Floyd is the best player at his position and will be the best pro from this class, then back it up by ranking him above Blackmon.

Otherwise, it just looks like you're unwilling to buck conventional wisdom or, even worse, you're just hedging your bets. What I mean by that is, in three years, if Blackmon turns out to be a stud, you can say that he was your #1 receiver. But if in three years Floyd is better, you can say you called it too.

Pick a position and stick with it, please.
    As of right now the only reason I have Blackmon ahead of Floyd is because:

1. Off the field issues with Floyd
    2. I don't think we'd take Floyd at #6

But once again, in the NFL, I think Floyd will be the SUPERIOR prospect.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    As of right now the only reason I have Blackmon ahead of Floyd is because: 1. Off the field issues with Floyd 2. I don't think we'd take Floyd at #6 But once again, in the NFL, I think Floyd will be the SUPERIOR prospect.
    What the Rams would or wouldn't do shouldn't have any bearing on YOUR rankings.

As for the off the field issues, if you still consider Floyd a superior prospect in spite of them, then the rankings should reflect it. They don't, which is the issue some of us are pointing out.

If you believe Floyd is the superior prospect, rank him that way. Otherwise, why bother with rankings if your comments are just going to contradict them?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    What the Rams would or wouldn't do shouldn't have any bearing on YOUR rankings.

As for the off the field issues, if you still consider Floyd a superior prospect in spite of them, then the rankings should reflect it. They don't, which is the issue some of us are pointing out.

If you believe Floyd is the superior prospect, rank him that way. Otherwise, why bother with rankings if your comments are just going to contradict them?
    These aren't just specifically WR rankings, like I said in an earlier post it pertains to how I think the WR's correlate with the Rams.

Plus, I do believe that Blackmon does have an edge on Floyd on being the more pro ready prospect, I just think Floyd will be better in the future.

THE DREAM TEAM

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    As of right now the only reason I have Blackmon ahead of Floyd is because:

1. Off the field issues with Floyd
    2. I don't think we'd take Floyd at #6

But once again, in the NFL, I think Floyd will be the SUPERIOR prospect.
    I believe my thoughts can best be summed up as........Huh?
    Nick, cfh128 and RockinRam like this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Sosa, forget about the 1a, 1b thing, that is really a pointless argument; my only question is why is Alshon Jeffery #3...please explain that to me my brother?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast