Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: WR rankings!

  1. #16
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sosa, forget about the 1a, 1b thing, that is really a pointless argument; my only question is why is Alshon Jeffery #3...please explain that to me my brother?
    I believe in Alshon Jeffery. Had he come out last year I bet he would of went in the top 15, probably to us at #14. He had more receiving yards than both A.J Green and Julio Jones. I think his quarterback play absolutely ruined him this year. He has the ability to get in the air and locate the ball. With some coaching, I believe he can be taught to run crisp routes, which in turn would obviously create more separation.



    THE DREAM TEAM

  2. #17
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Take em how you want, but these are my WR rankings:

    1a. Justin Blackmon
    1b. Michael Floyd (I think will be the better pro)
    2. Alshon Jeffery
    3. Reuben Randle
    4. Stephen Hill
    5. Ryan Broyles
    6a. Mohamed Sanu
    6b. Tommy Streeter
    7. Kendall Wright
    8. Brian Quick
    9. Marvin McNutt
    10. Marvin Jones
    11. Nick Toon
    12. Joe Adams
    13. A.J Jenkins
    14. Gerrell Robinson
    15. T.Y Hilton
    16. Juron Criner
    17. Jeff Fuller
    A. Jeffery should not be that high.
    Juron Criner should not be that low.

    And if Floyd is your "better" prospect, you put him 1a. Since you state that Floyd will be a better prospect, you are assuming he will mature through his off the field issues. Wouldn't the Rams want the better WR prospect? (Since your list is based off what the Rams want.)

  3. #18
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Take em how you want, but these are my WR rankings:

    1a. Justin Blackmon
    1b. Michael Floyd (I think will be the better pro)
    2. Alshon Jeffery
    3. Reuben Randle
    4. Stephen Hill
    5. Ryan Broyles
    6a. Mohamed Sanu
    6b. Tommy Streeter
    7. Kendall Wright
    8. Brian Quick
    9. Marvin McNutt
    10. Marvin Jones
    11. Nick Toon
    12. Joe Adams
    13. A.J Jenkins
    14. Gerrell Robinson
    15. T.Y Hilton
    16. Juron Criner
    17. Jeff Fuller
    A. Jeffery should not be that high.
    Juron Criner should not be that low.

    And if Floyd is your "better" prospect, you put him 1a. Since you state that Floyd will be a better prospect, you are assuming he will mature through his off the field issues. Wouldn't the Rams want the better WR prospect? (Since your list is based off what the Rams want.) Because I agree with Nick, you are hedging your rankings.

  4. #19
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    A. Jeffery should not be that high.
    Juron Criner should not be that low.

    And if Floyd is your "better" prospect, you put him 1a. Since you state that Floyd will be a better prospect, you are assuming he will mature through his off the field issues. Wouldn't the Rams want the better WR prospect? (Since your list is based off what the Rams want.)
    These are my rankings, not yours. If you want, go make yourself a thread and rank them however you want to rank them, but don't tell me how to rank mine. And yes, I do think Floyd will be better. Like I stated I have Blackmon ahead because I think he is more pro ready and because of Floyd's off the field issues, but I think at the next level Floyd will be the better player. I'm not "hedging" anything because I really couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong in 3 years, theres a reason I'm sitting behind a computer screen posting on an internet forum and not in an NFL office getting paid $300,000 to do what I'm doing now.
    ManofGod likes this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  5. #20
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    These are my rankings, not yours. If you want, go make yourself a thread and rank them however you want to rank them, but don't tell me how to rank mine. And yes, I do think Floyd will be better. Like I stated I have Blackmon ahead because I think he is more pro ready and because of Floyd's off the field issues, but I think at the next level Floyd will be the better player. I'm not "hedging" anything because I really couldn't care less if I'm right or wrong in 3 years, theres a reason I'm sitting behind a computer screen posting on an internet forum and not in an NFL office getting paid $300,000 to do what I'm doing now.
    LOL, someone's feisty.

    1. If you can't take criticism or different opinions well, don't post a thread stating your opinion.

    2. And like I said earlier, if Floyd is going to end up being the better player, why would we not want him more than Blackmon?

  6. #21
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,079
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: WR rankings!

    And one more thing.

    You stated:

    I'd avoid both Stephen Hill and Kendall Wright. Hill is way to raw and will be a boom or bust prospect. People get too caught up in 40 yard dash times and physical attributes which are way to heavily overrated. Wright on the other hand I'm just not a fan of. He's tiny, and isn't particularly special at anything.


    And then you stated:
    I believe in Alshon Jeffery. Had he come out last year I bet he would of went in the top 15, probably to us at #14. He had more receiving yards than both A.J Green and Julio Jones. I think his quarterback play absolutely ruined him this year. He has the ability to get in the air and locate the ball. With some coaching, I believe he can be taught to run crisp routes, which in turn would obviously create more separation.

    1. You stated that people regard physical attributes way too highly, yet you then immediately state that Kendall Wright is too tiny.

    2. You stated that people regard physical attributes way too highly, then you state that Alshon Jeffery is ranked that high because he can make the leaping catches (thanks to his physical attributes) and should be able to be coached up to run crisp routes, while a more athletic Hill supposedly cannot?

  7. #22
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    And one more thing.

    You stated:





    And then you stated:



    1. You stated that people regard physical attributes way too highly, yet you then immediately state that Kendall Wright is too tiny.

    2. You stated that people regard physical attributes way too highly, then you state that Alshon Jeffery is ranked that high because he can make the leaping catches (thanks to his physical attributes) and should be able to be coached up to run crisp routes, while a more athletic Hill supposedly cannot?
    No, Hill can be good with coaching. I just think that Jeffery is ready to contribute right away if he comes to the Rams, whereas Hill will basically only run 9's and we'll need to wait at least 2 years for him to become familiar with the pro route tree and the way to perfect it. He's too raw for a team like the Rams, but a perfect fit for someone like the Texans. Jeffery has things to learn too, but I like his ability to work in space and he seems like a nice fit for a team that will only run short to intermediate routes probably 60% of the time. I still would like a deep threat (Jeffery may be able to provide that occasionally, though the speed will kill him) across from a dominant possession type of guy like Blackmon/Floyd.

    And the reason I said why I'd stay away (early) from Wright is because he isn't particularly special at anything. To me he's a poor mans DJAX/Steve Smith. But at least they have killer speed. Also, the physical attributes are looked at too highly, but I mean more in the positive rather than negative sense. Why is a raw player like Stephen Hill even considered for the first round? I seen you post in another thread the un-known little school player Dale Moss (I think), he's the exact same as Hill (1 inch shorter and same speed) and he's going to go undrafted.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  8. #23
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    LOL, someone's feisty.

    1. If you can't take criticism or different opinions well, don't post a thread stating your opinion.

    2. And like I said earlier, if Floyd is going to end up being the better player, why would we not want him more than Blackmon?
    Its not that I cant take crisicism, I've clearly handled it for the other 30 posts in the thread. Its this :
    " A. Jeffery should not be that high.
    Juron Criner should not be that low. "

    Why are you telling me where I should put the WR's, when the thread is my opinion, not yours.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  9. #24
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,434
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: WR rankings!

    what a debate about the WRs if this continues we might have a thread to argue about each receiver...lol Nick Toon should be next it seems like no one believes he will do much when he can become a good 3rd down target

  10. #25
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,537
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I believe in Alshon Jeffery. Had he come out last year I bet he would of went in the top 15, probably to us at #14. He had more receiving yards than both A.J Green and Julio Jones. I think his quarterback play absolutely ruined him this year. He has the ability to get in the air and locate the ball. With some coaching, I believe he can be taught to run crisp routes, which in turn would obviously create more separation.
    But what about the weight gain, and the 40 time? Regardless of who your QB is, you have to be hungry enough to show up ready to compete at the combine right?

    *Note*: this is all healthy conversation bro, you know I'm not here to start any drama.
    sosa39rams likes this.

  11. #26
    DE_Ramfan's Avatar
    DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    924
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sosa, forget about the 1a, 1b thing, that is really a pointless argument; my only question is why is Alshon Jeffery #3...please explain that to me my brother?
    A properly motivated and physically fit Jeffery could be #1. That kid has talent but the drive seems to be missing. #3 could be a a little high for the pre-combine linebacker bodied Jeffery. Can't wait for his pro day.

  12. #27
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,537
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: WR rankings!

    As will I my friend, as will I......

  13. #28
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,603
    Rep Power
    167
    I don't have Jeffrey on my board right now. I just don't get how a WR could allow himself to get out of shape the way he did.

  14. #29
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    635
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Sosa, forget about the 1a, 1b thing, that is really a pointless argument; my only question is why is Alshon Jeffery #3...please explain that to me my brother?
    This is my thoughts too. Now, While I really, really want Alshon to be great in the pros, as I do like the guy based on his college production, I have reservations atm due to his work ethic.

    His pro day is coming up- and that is one I will be keeping an eye on myself.

  15. #30
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,454
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: WR rankings!

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    But what about the weight gain, and the 40 time? Regardless of who your QB is, you have to be hungry enough to show up ready to compete at the combine right?

    *Note*: this is all healthy conversation bro, you know I'm not here to start any drama.
    Perfectly understood my bro! Its all fun and games. I think Jeffery is solid when he wants to be. Sure he lets himself go during the off season, or at least we seem to think so, he comes prepared into the season for what I've seen. I dont really care about the 40 time though. Just watching him play I can sort of guess his speed, its not like I expected a 4.2. If you know the guy doesn't rely on speed (like Jeffery) and plays the way he does, his 4.5 would be fine.


    THE DREAM TEAM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GBN WR Rankings
    By AvengerRam in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -12-23-2010, 02:15 AM
  2. Rankings?
    By laram0 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -07-06-2009, 06:01 PM
  3. Top 119 rankings
    By Bruce=GOAT in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2006, 06:20 PM
  4. NFL Rankings on Yahoo
    By LA Rammer in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -11-02-2006, 12:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •