Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: WR In Round 2

  1. #1
    RamsFanLSUMan's Avatar
    RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Amite, Louisiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    WR In Round 2

    With the departure of Kevin Curtis (Eagles) and Shaun McDonald (Lions). I say we draft WR in round 2 to replace them. I'm a firm believer that we shouldn't draft one in the 1st round since we had a horrible rushing defense. I want DE in the 1st. In round 2 I pray we draft Craig "Buster" Davis out of LSU. I feel he would fit GREAT in our system.

    Just out of curiosity...Who would you like in round 2? Please give me a name that will actually still be there. Tedd Ginn Jr., Dwayne Jarret, Dwayne Bowe, and Robert Meachem will be taken in 1st in my mock. So besides them 4 who would you like?


  2. #2
    rams 24/7 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    california
    Posts
    317
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: WR In Round 2

    LSUMAN were are just fine on offence last year. we were pushed around on defence last I think the first day should be lone big defensive players in our draft. we can always get a WR in the later rounds or free agency. #2 draft pick big DT tank tyler

  3. #3
    RamsFanLSUMan's Avatar
    RamsFanLSUMan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Amite, Louisiana
    Age
    26
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: WR In Round 2

    Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    LSUMAN were are just fine on offence last year. we were pushed around on defence last I think the first day should be lone big defensive players in our draft. we can always get a WR in the later rounds or free agency. #2 draft pick big DT tank tyler
    That was just a silly little fantasy. I just want a new young reciever to join our explosive offense cause Isaac Bruce and Drew Bennett don't have many years left and whenever they retire I would love to see my little Buster Davis take over the #2 spot and someday take over whenever Torry Holt leaves.

    I'd have to agree with you taking DT in the 2nd, although rahter than Tank. I would have to say Marcus Thomas out Florida cause Jim Hasslett loves SEC speed and Marcus is a mammoth at DT.

  4. #4
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,098
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: WR In Round 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanLSUMan View Post
    Just out of curiosity...Who would you like in round 2? Please give me a name that will actually still be there. Tedd Ginn Jr., Dwayne Jarret, Dwayne Bowe, and Robert Meachem will be taken in 1st in my mock. So besides them 4 who would you like?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    Er...don't look now, but based on D. Jarrett's lousy 40 times (4.62 & 4.69) at his Pro day try out, he may have fallen out of the first round altogether at this point in time.

    WHAT SAY YE?

  5. #5
    RAMarkable is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,098
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: WR In Round 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    omg Dwayne Jarrett would be great. I believe he is way fater than that. he ran a 4.38 coming out of highschool. I think he slowed down a little becuase he did not want to go to a bad team.
    Oh yeah, FTG and thereby costing himself a million $$$$. Geez man it's gettin' late are you gettin' sleepy or what?

    WHAT SAY YE?

  6. #6
    RamsNation's Avatar
    RamsNation is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Johnsonville,Tennessee
    Age
    36
    Posts
    110
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: WR In Round 2

    if it was up to me, in round two i would take jason hill from washington state. hands down no doubt about it, in fact i think he is better than meachum.just my opinion, but i really like him.

  7. #7
    LARAM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    41
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: WR In Round 2

    I think Craig Davis is projected in the 3rd round in most drafts......Still a little early for the Rams this year......but if he was sitting around in the 5th round.....I would say snatch him in a heartbeat.......I'm praying a little too!!!!!

  8. #8
    keith m. klink Guest

    Re: WR In Round 2

    If JASON HILL , OR CRAIG DAVIS are there , i would like a wide receiver at our #2 pick. i've been stating that all year. using the 1st , 3rd , 4th , and 5th on defense , the 6th and a 7th , on offense for a RB , and OL. AND THE LAST 2 PICKS OF THE 7TH on some good project players that might surprise the defense a little. but 4 out of the first 5 picks on the defense side should be acceptable .

  9. #9
    chipperjones's Avatar
    chipperjones is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    565
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: WR In Round 2

    Dwayne Jarret's running mate, Steve Smith. Thats only if it is a receiver. I don't think we should draft a receiver until the 3rd Rd or after.

  10. #10
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,628
    Rep Power
    82

    Re: WR In Round 2

    bennett is the same age as curtis. In my view, the only point of a receiver is for the return game. We have way way way too many needs right now that impact us on every play on the defensive side of the ball to worry about either a specialist or someone who is going to be at best a #4 receiver for the next two years or so.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  11. #11
    timsum1283's Avatar
    timsum1283 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    23
    Posts
    294
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: WR In Round 2

    is Marquees Thompson (or whatever the QB/WR from Virgina's name is that was drafted last year) still on the practice squad or is he elsewhere?

  12. #12
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,665
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: WR In Round 2

    No, Hagans is no longer on the practice squad. He signed a one-year contract back in January to get back on the official roster which is now expanded since it's the offseason.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  13. #13
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,458
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: WR In Round 2

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanLSUMan View Post
    That was just a silly little fantasy. I just want a new young reciever to join our explosive offense cause Isaac Bruce and Drew Bennett don't have many years left and whenever they retire I would love to see my little Buster Davis take over the #2 spot and someday take over whenever Torry Holt leaves.

    I'd have to agree with you taking DT in the 2nd, although rahter than Tank. I would have to say Marcus Thomas out Florida cause Jim Hasslett loves SEC speed and Marcus is a mammoth at DT.
    Torry won't be leaving for a while.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •