Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By turbofargo
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By HUbison

Thread: Yah - We discussed this earlier, but others are starting to see it

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Yah - We discussed this earlier, but others are starting to see it

As I said earlier and been telling everyone he has a mix of some Magic Johnson and Joe Namath in him. Today's work out got some of that notice. Wish we could have gotten him in the 2nd, but it ain't gonna happen now. The good news is now maybe someone will try and grab him #2 and give us a bunch.

LeBron James: Johnny Manziel a flat-out star - NFL.com

citr92 is offline Registered User

Re: Yah - We discussed this earlier, but others are starting to see it

i'll wait to see him in an in-game situtation

just bombing it means nothing

a lot of qbs lately have been getting better at deep passes...but i've seen precision passing decline

we'll see

but yes...extra hype means a better chance for a good trade

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Exactly citr, Manziel having a great pro day is only better for us. I wish Bridgewater hadn't blown his pro day, but I'll hope that his game tape ends up keeping him high as well. I know that there's some people that think that no QB's will go early, but I have to think that at least two are going in the top 4, and that will hopefully drive our trade talks with a few teams.
    I believe!

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Probably better that Bridgewater had a bad day. Even though he is still a good QB the thought that there are only 2 first tier QBs and one goes off the board to Houston if they Take Bortles leaving one other.....hmmm, kind sounds familar, can't quite put my finger on it but I am getting a sense of Dejavu! :-)
    Randart likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    If the Rams needed a QB, there are at least 5 guys in this draft I'd take over Manziel.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Amazing pro days mean nothing. Want to know who else had amazing, unbelievable, breath-taking pro days? Pretty much every QB picked 1st overall in the modern NFL. I can't remember how many times I've read an article saying "X scout says Y quarterback had the best pro day he's seen in 20 years of scouting!!"

Now I'm not saying Manziel will go #1, all I'm saying is that not every single one of those QBs with a good pro day is surefire hall of famer either. In fact, very few are. I'm sure NFL scouts and coaches see some merit to pro days, and it affects stock, but a great pro day does not guarantee a great pro player.

Also, what does Lebron James opinion matter? Just because he's a good athlete means he knows a star player at any position in any other sport?

Randart is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If the Rams needed a QB, there are at least 5 guys in this draft I'd take over Manziel.
    Ah so good to have you back again AvR! LOL
    If the Rams needed a QB? You have said many times like most of us we need to draft one soon to groom and have as a back up for Slingin' Sammy.
    We so so disagree here, but that is the beauty in the eye of the beholder...
    Always have said I was a fan of this kid and still think he is the most Fran Tarkington looking player I have ever seen since Francis beat living heck out of the Rams on a regular basis. I will never forget watching those great games and seeing our great pass rush on their sides and butts gasping for air by half time. I think Francis made the oxygen tank a nescessity for defensive linemen and LB's! Fun times, going to be a blast watching Johnny play in the NFL wherever he lands is going to be exciting while he is healthy. imho-
    Last edited by Randart; -03-28-2014 at 05:25 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

As I said earlier and been telling everyone he has a mix of some Magic Johnson and Joe Namath in him
    I've seen the Namath comparison before, and honestly, I don't see that as a compliment. Namath is one of the most overrated QBs of all time. Other than a couple of seasons in the pre-merger AFL, he was all hat and no cattle.

If I'm Manziel, I avoid the Namath comparisons.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post

Ah so good to have you back again AvR! LOL
    If the Rams needed a QB? You have said many times like most of us we need to draft one soon to groom and have as a back up for Slingin' Sammy.
    We so so disagree here, but that is the beauty in the eye of the beholder...
    Always have said I was a fan of this kid and still think he is the most Fran Tarkington looking player I have ever seen since Francis beat living heck out of the Rams on a regular basis. I will never forget watching those great games and seeing our great pass rush on their sides and butts gasping for air by half time. I think Francis made the oxygen tank a nescessity for defensive linemen and LB's! Fun times, going to be a blast watching Johnny play in the NFL wherever he lands is going to be exciting while he is healthy. imho-
    I meant, if they needed an immediate starter.
    Randart likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Manziel would be a good fit for either Cleveland or Tampa Bay, where I believe Kyle Shanahan or Jeff Tedford respectively would be able to tailor those teams' offenses to fit his skills. However, there's a part of me that would really like to see him slip into the teens and be selected by Dallas, because really, he needs to be part of that circus.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

Randart is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I've seen the Namath comparison before, and honestly, I don't see that as a compliment. Namath is one of the most overrated QBs of all time. Other than a couple of seasons in the pre-merger AFL, he was all hat and no cattle.

If I'm Manziel, I avoid the Namath comparisons.
    Hubbie when Joe came into the league and for the first couple seasons while he had his legs he was amazing. 5 to 7 knee operations later he was a hobbled grandpa in a Young Man's body. Knee ops in them days were nothing like they are now... Some of my friends had them for skiing and football injuries at the time they rated as the most painful operations you could have barring burns repairs! Rehab was nothing like it is today either. Joe was brave enough to keep coming back for more even hobbled and being told his next hit to the knees could have put him on crutches forever. I give Joe allot more credit than many that is for sure...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    Hubbie when Joe came into the league and for the first couple seasons while he had his legs he was amazing. 5 to 7 knee operations later he was a hobbled grandpa in a Young Man's body. Knee ops in them days were nothing like they are now... Some of my friends had them for skiing and football injuries at the time they rated as the most painful operations you could have barring burns repairs! Rehab was nothing like it is today either. Joe was brave enough to keep coming back for more even hobbled and being told his next hit to the knees could have put him on crutches forever. I give Joe allot more credit than many that is for sure...
    Yea, injuries suck. But like I said, other than a couple of pre-merger seasons......
    Randart likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod