Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, the Rams are "likely" to draft either Hopkins / Austin

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, the Rams are "likely" to draft either Hopkins / Austin

I personally don't see anything spectacular about Hopkins. Seems like a slightly better version of Brandon Gibson to me.

A possession receiver who'll occasionally get deep, is certainly not what I had in mind when thinking of top-notch playmakers.

But if the Rams think that's worthy of the 16th pick, though I'll certainly be disappointed, I'll just have to trust Fisher's judgement.

Just like I'm trusting that Brian Quick will emerge as an impact player for this team.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastified View Post
    And this is that moment when you have that smug look on your face and everybody realizes that you were right a few months ago. I've been saying that Hopkins had a great chance of being a Ram since last year.. I wasn't guessing. I analyzed everything there was to analyze, I looked at every WR prospect there practically was, and Hopkins made the most sense.

These are just my observations and many hours of analyzation, I believe you can figure out many draft strategies through common sense and vibes.

In a little over 2 days, Hopkins is almost a virtual lock to be in Blue and Gold. You guys are really going to love Hopkins, I just know it, and I am very happy.
    Yeah, you really beat the rest of us to the punch when it comes to identifying Hopkins as a prospect. Why, I remember when you listed him all the way back in November as one of the two top WRs on your All-Draft Eligible Team.

Oh, wait... that was me.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Re: Yahoo Sports' Jason Cole, the Rams are "likely" to draft either Hopkins / Austin

Hopkins has been my guy since December, when I saw him play a couple times on TV, and saw him making great play after great play. Yea, he doesn't get great separation, but he doesn't need it to still make the catch.

He has as good hands as I have ever seen in a college receiver, and makes great adjustments to catch the ball.

He is the most ready to contribute of any receiver except maybe Austin because of his KR abilities, and has the fewest question markes of any receiver in the draft. I love the guy, maybe more at 20 than 16, but what does that really matter in the end, if you want a guy, you don't risk not getting him, if there is no other clear choice at 16.

If they could get Hopkins and Reid, Elam , or Cyprien, I'd be excited about their top picks.

I am really happy to hear about this Hopkins-Rams connection. This dude can flat out catch footballs.
    Think Reggie Wayne.
    Barry Waller

Jwalker is offline Registered User

Hopkins is really growing on me. Would love him at 22

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Nuk has been a standout for me for a while. As soon as I seen some of his tape he flashed man. For the guys saying he doesn't separate, WHAT!? That's all he does! He has deceptive build up speed, runs terrific routes, and sells them effectively. If my memory serves me correct, he was the 2nd highest targeted WR when it comes to depth on the field (He is a LEGIT deep threat). His hands are just as good as anybody else in this draft.

Nuk would be BEAST here.

Everytime I mentioned Nuk:

http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/deandre-nuk-hopkins-legit-50868/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/so-do-we-still-draft-another-wr-50799/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/memo-wrs-dont-skip-combine-workouts-50787/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/lets-go-offense-50849/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/2-positions-do-you-hope-see-rams-fill-round-1-a-50808/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/different-approach-mock-50584/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/zias-2013-st-louis-rams-3-round-mock-draft-50618/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/who-do-you-think-top-college-wideout-50603/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/avs-3-round-rams-mock-1-24-13-edition-50719/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/currently-who-top-3-wide-outs-your-draft-board-51038/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/nfp-looks-small-school-prospect-darick-rogers-50878/
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/why-wouldnt-rams-select-wr-1st-round-50994/index3.html
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/f85/breakdown-top-wide-receiver-prospects-50899/

So wait, which one of you guys liked Hopkins again ?
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    This is starting to resemble the dreaded "First!" responses in the Comments section of online articles.

There's really no need to trip over oneself trying to prove you liked Hopkins first or the most; there is no prize awarded for doing so, unless he's offering up a chance to trash a hotel room with him. Zing!

Oh, five in the morning. You bring out the worst jokes.

Anyways, Hopkins has been mentioned as a potential option for the Rams for a while now. But this report is the first I can recall him being associated with the 16th pick. As I've said in previous posts, I'm not convinced his exceptional value there, but as Barry said, do you risk not getting him by waiting?

In the back of my head, I'm hoping the Rams don't fall in love with one guy and stay true to their board. Recall last year that the Rams were willing to take Brockers at six but moved back and were able to get him later where the value was better.

So I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Rams went someone else at 16, then took Hopkins at 22, knowing he wouldn't last much longer. Or maybe Hopkins is a Top 20 player on their board, and they just take him at 16.

It's been so long since this team has had a legit threat at receiver though, so I just hope the Rams are able to draft whomever they have identified as the best fit for the team.

And more importantly than any member here being right, let's hope the Rams get it right by drafting someone who will become a star weapon on this offense, whomever it ends up being.
    RealRam and MauiRam like this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hmm, yes, I'd say TA will be gone by the time we pick @ 16.

So go Keenan Allen for our 1st selection!

Correction: We go Keenan Allen OR DeAndre Hopkins for our 1st selection! Got it.

Hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    There's really no need to trip over oneself trying to prove you liked Hopkins first or the most...

...Hopkins has been mentioned as a potential option for the Rams for a while now. But this report is the first I can recall him being associated with the 16th pick. As I've said in previous posts, I'm not convinced his exceptional value there, but as Barry said, do you risk not getting him by waiting?

In the back of my head, I'm hoping the Rams don't fall in love with one guy and stay true to their board. Recall last year that the Rams were willing to take Brockers at six but moved back and were able to get him later where the value was better.

So I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Rams went someone else at 16, then took Hopkins at 22, knowing he wouldn't last much longer. Or maybe Hopkins is a Top 20 player on their board, and they just take him at 16.

It's been so long since this team has had a legit threat at receiver though, so I just hope the Rams are able to draft whomever they have identified as the best fit for the team. [Emphasis mine, RR.]

And more importantly than any member here being right, let's hope the Rams get it right by drafting someone who will become a star weapon on this offense, whomever it ends up being.
    Great commentary Nick. Now you've convinced me to revert by deleting Hopkins from my wish list!

Receivers wise, I'd still like Keenan Allen at 22 and Ryan Swope in the 3rd round. There!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Hopkins doesn't have the explosiveness of Austin or Patterson, but he is sure-handed, and does well in both zone and press coverage. I'd have to say that #16 is a little early, but you wait until #22 and he may be gone.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hopkins doesn't have the explosiveness of Austin or Patterson, but he is sure-handed, and does well in both zone and press coverage. I'd have to say that #16 is a little early, but you wait until #22 and he may be gone.
    So do you think that 3 receivers will be gone by pick 22?
    :ramlogo:

BernieM is offline Registered User

I beat all of you to it:

Bernie's Bits, October 2, 2002

I was taking my lunch on a park bench outside a local elementary school playground, and I saw this kid running around playing tag who was, quite frankly, amazing. He had unbelievable speed, quickness, and body control. I asked the teacher who he was, but she was rude and questioned my motive for asking. I then overheard someone say his name was DeAndre Hopkins.

This kid will one day play WR for the Rams. You heard it here first.
    ZiaRam likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    So do you think that 3 receivers will be gone by pick 22?
    Could be. But what if the rumors are true that several playoff teams like Hopkins over Patterson? If that be the case, some team (whiners, maybe?) could leap-frog the Rams #22 pick to get Hopkins with Patterson on the board. Then the Rams have to ask if Patterson's red flags are worth the #22 pick, or move on to whoever is at the top of their board.

Not saying it's certainly going to, but it's not out of the question either.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123