Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jbell15 is offline Registered User

Re: Yes! Rumor: Jason brown to sign with rams in the coming hours

if we get brown, I like the Idea of keeping pace now and getting a future LT in round two.
    That gives us the option of drafting Curry in round one, and still leaves us money to sign james Butler and an average Wr. If Holt gets cut, we could get a mlb too and let Curry play strong side for a couple years.

zingers16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't see anything on Rotoworld about the Raiders.

Right now, according to the PD, Brown is at Rams Park. I don't see how the Raiders, or any other team, could "jump into the mix" at this point.

If Brown leaves Rams Park without a contract, it probably means he'll end up elsewhere. We should know the answer within the next few hours.
    Jason Brown-C- RavensFeb. 27 - 11:27 am et
    The Raiders have reportedly entered the hunt for free agent Jason Brown.
    Brown, who is currently in or on his way to St. Louis, could be viewed by Oakland as a guard or center. The Raiders have needs at both positions.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I also couldn't find anything about the Raiders. I guess if Brown doesn't like the Rams, Dolphins, Vikings and Lions he could try the Raiders. If he leaves the Rams without a contract I'd bet he plays in Miami.

So here's my question. If we do sign Jason Brown, does that exclude us from taking a tackle 2nd overall? I realize technically it doesn't exclude us from doing anything, we could draft a punter...that's not the point. If we would have signed Scott that would have pretty much exluded us from drafting Curry. Same deal here, only with O-line. What happens?

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If Brown leaves Rams Park without a contract, it probably means he'll end up elsewhere. We should know the answer within the next few hours.
    Exactly !! Nevermind all the rumor stuff, if he's at Rams park, he is ours to lose. It's the old "a bird in the hand" adage .. I really hope we sign him as this would be a BIG step in improving our O-line.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I also couldn't find anything about the Raiders. I guess if Brown doesn't like the Rams, Dolphins, Vikings and Lions he could try the Raiders. If he leaves the Rams without a contract I'd bet he plays in Miami.

So here's my question. If we do sign Jason Brown, does that exclude us from taking a tackle 2nd overall? I realize technically it doesn't exclude us from doing anything, we could draft a punter...that's not the point. If we would have signed Scott that would have pretty much exluded us from drafting Curry. Same deal here, only with O-line. What happens?

i think we still have to be looking at a tackle. We have needed a decent center for some time, but we also have need at tackle because Pace isnt going to last much longer. If Pace is moved on, then we have a definite need at OT

i know it will be a lot of money to have tied up in the OL, but its vital to keep our QB upright

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    i think we still have to be looking at a tackle. We have needed a decent center for some time, but we also have need at tackle because Pace isnt going to last much longer. If Pace is moved on, then we have a definite need at OT

i know it will be a lot of money to have tied up in the OL, but its vital to keep our QB upright

That's about what I wanted to say. I don't think a Center solves your line problems. It may solve one of them but I still think we should grab Monroe. You're right that a lot of it depends on Pace. If he's still here maybe we can wait, but he gets injured a lot. I think Tackle trumps Linebacker this time.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Excitement is starting to give way to anxiousness... when do we start to worry about the Brown signing?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

This is going to be great, and for those people who say we should draft Crabtree now, we still need a center. Signing Brown gives us arguably the best interior line in our devision IMO. Bell played great sandwhiched between 2 good players if we could surround Bell with Eugene Monroe/Jason Brown I think the rams could have a great line. The rams would also have a ton of potential on the right side with Grecco and Cogs. If Barron stepped up I think we could look better than we have in a while.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Look at what I just read...

Jason Brown Suddenly in a Bind
    Friday, February 27, 2009
    Posted By Mike Florio 4:10 PM
    The good news for center/guard Jason Brown is that the St. Louis Rams are willing to pay him $7 million per year.

The bad news for center/guard Jason Brown is that no one else is.

A league source tells ProFootballTalk.com that Brown doesn't want to play for the Rams, and thus wants someone/anyone to step up and match the offer St. Louis has made to him.

Per the source, Brown was hoping that the Ravens would match the number that the Rams put on the table. But the Ravens haven't, and apparently won't.

Other teams are interested in Brown, but not at the same level that Rams have demonstrated.

So Brown is in a bind. Does he take the money from a team for which he doesn't want to play? Or does he take less from someone else?
    That CAN'T be true. Why would he come visit St. Louis in the first place? If he doesn't want to be here, GTFO.

Drive his price up. The Rams offer him a pretty nice deal, and he hopes someone wants him more. He's a jerk if this is true. Wouldn't that suck to miss Scott, Bartell and Brown?

RamCAN is offline Registered User

Story backed up by Don Banks, if he doesn't want to be here, get lost!

Rams open checkbook wide to entice Ravens OL Brown

If Ravens center-guard Jason Brown ends up signing with the Rams, and a deal is reportedly imminent according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it's because Brown really didn't have any other big-money option.
    I was told by an NFL source Friday that Brown doesn't really want to sign with the Rams -- he loves playing on the East Coast -- but they're offering him a contract worth $7 million a year, which is millions more annually than anyone else is willing to spend. Baltimore and Oakland both made Brown offers, but they were significantly lower than the Rams.
    The Ravens didn't feel like Brown was worth getting to the pay level of guards such as Alan Faneca, Steve Hutchinson and Leonard Davis, who have all cashed in during free agency in recent years. I don't know exactly what Brown was offered by Baltimore, but suffice to say the Ravens took note of the four-year, $10 million contract that Jacksonville center Brad Meester agreed to Friday.
    -- Don Banks (5:02 p.m. ET)

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

The last thing we need is a greedy SOB who will only give it his all when he wants to. I would be in favour of not signing him, spending that money on Bartell, and then drafting a C in the draft. Again, hopefully it isn't true, but that is just plain wrong if it is.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

I still don't believe it personally, the new FO keeps saying they want high character guys, so why would they offer a player such a big contract if there was the potential he could be a cancer?

Majpain is offline Registered User

How much do you think he will get a year? 8-10 Million?

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

Would he really visit St.Louis on the first day of FA if he didn't want to be here at all?

I thought that the Ravens offered Brown $6 mil a year, but maybe thats just his agent jawwing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast