Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Yes! Rumor: Jason brown to sign with rams in the coming hours

Guys, the Rams have won 5 games in two years and haven't sniffed the playoffs since Mike Martz. It's a tough sell right now for the Rams. However, here's where they could change the minds of those not really wanting to play here: Spags and Devaney. If Spags can win this team over quickly, it will automatically change their minds on the Rams and STL. The ED can get loud, we've all heard it. The fans can be passionate, we've all seen it. However, times are tough. The fans of STL will come out and cheer this team on if they see some heart. Spags can change that, starting with Brown. Give him a chance before we start the bum cards

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

We're currently offering $7 mil a year, and apparently no one is willing to match that. $10 mil a year? He could walk if he wants that much

Yea, you'd think if they found out what he was dointg they'd cut off talks right away. Either they don't know or it's false.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

AvengerRam I hope your right and he dosen't get out of Rams Park, But I also see on Rotoworld about the Raiders getting into the mix from 11:30 Am this morning....

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Guys, the Rams have won 5 games in two years and haven't sniffed the playoffs since Mike Martz. It's a tough sell right now for the Rams. However, here's where they could change the minds of those not really wanting to play here: Spags and Devaney. If Spags can win this team over quickly, it will automatically change their minds on the Rams and STL. The ED can get loud, we've all heard it. The fans can be passionate, we've all seen it. However, times are tough. The fans of STL will come out and cheer this team on if they see some heart. Spags can change that, starting with Brown. Give him a chance before we start the bum cards
    Excellent! A voice of reason!

Seriously, if you think about it, the fact that the Rams have had a dismal record recently is part of the reason I was surprised when we were able to hire someone as high-profile as Spags for our HC. In reality, the type of coach who would normally be attracted to the Rams would be like a Linehan type.
    Same goes with players. Some of the guys want to wear horns - it's been a lifelong dream for them. Others, well, they need some enticement. Still others will get in here, feel the team spirit, and decide they are home after all. Didn't that happen with Marshall? I'm sure he didn't want to come to St. Louis when he was traded to us, but after that '99 season, I have a feeling that his blood turned Blue & Gold.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Why are people complaining about possibly signing the best young center in the nfl!?!?!?!?!?!?

When you look at the big 3-4 NTs that are popping up in the league a team definately needs a big mauler who can handle those guys. I know 3 guys who aren't complaining Jacob Bell, Marc Bulger, and Steven Jackson
    Last edited by 39thebeast; -02-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

We're not complaining, I'm questioning whether his heart is really in it for the team or for the money like the story says. That is that last thing we need on this team. We already have a bunch of people playing for their pay checks.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bald_81 View Post
    We're not complaining, I'm questioning whether his heart is really in it for the team or for the money like the story says. That is that last thing we need on this team. We already have a bunch of people playing for their pay checks.
    How excited would be to play for a 2-14 team in the Midwest when you are an east coat boy through and through. I wouldn't worry to much about Brown I think guys like Steven Jackson will bring him along. Also with 7 million dollars in your pocket how sad can you be.

Ramer is offline Registered User

What a huge plus this would be to the offense!

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I still don't believe it personally, the new FO keeps saying they want high character guys, so why would they offer a player such a big contract if there was the potential he could be a cancer?
    Just because a guy would prefer to play in another area dont make him a cancer. If I got layed off and prefered to stay in St. Louis and got a decent offer from a new company in St. Louis but another company in Baltimore wanted me more and was willing to pay me 25% more I would really have to consider the other offer and hope that the company in St. Louis would come closer even though they did not show as much intertest in me.

People have preferences on where they would like to live that dont make them a cancer if they drag there feet before taking more money to move to a new team/area that shows a real desire to have them.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    Just because a guy would prefer to play in another area dont make him a cancer. If I got layed off and prefered to stay in St. Louis and got a decent offer from a new company in St. Louis but another company in Baltimore wanted me more and was willing to pay me 25% more I would really have to consider the other offer and hope that the company in St. Louis would come closer even though they did not show as much intertest in me.

People have preferences on where they would like to live that dont make them a cancer if they drag there feet before taking more money to move to a new team/area that shows a real desire to have them.
    Maybe cancer was the wrong word choice, but all I'm saying is that i don't think it is as big of a deal as it is being reported. However if he really doesn't want to play here and is only doing so for the money how motivated will he be to give it his all? I've seen it before, a player signs for the money and then half asses it when he is playing. I know nothing about Brown, as a person but i hope he is a team player and gives his all.

Rambos is offline Registered User

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If its true (and I won't believe it until I see a reputable report that he has actually signed), it would be a very good signing.
    I agree this would fill a big hole. We will be a bigger team next year, starts tonight,

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    if we had drafted either one,there was a chance that they wouldnt see the field (as a Centre anyway) for a couple of seasons...and we would have to sign a cheap veteran...if we sign him we signing a proven player at a crucial position.
    Centre is a lot more difficult to play and more important a position than a lot of people understand ..could still get Unger due to her versatility..tho i think they will likely go elsewhere with the 2nd round pick now (that is presuming that this is a done deal of course,which it isnt yet!)
    Exactly!......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123