Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Judaxi's Avatar
    Judaxi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    AV you got me really interested in Sidney Rice so I started doing some research on him. He is young and has great size, a great WR. My question is this, he has had 2 knee injuries (not sure if the same knee) and a hip injury in a 4 year career. Would that give him the label of injury prone? And if that is the case would you rather go for VJax who is a few years older but hasn't had any major injuries that I can find.


  2. #17
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,492
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    AV you got me really interested in Sidney Rice so I started doing some research on him. He is young and has great size, a great WR. My question is this, he has had 2 knee injuries (not sure if the same knee) and a hip injury in a 4 year career. Would that give him the label of injury prone? And if that is the case would you rather go for VJax who is a few years older but hasn't had any major injuries that I can find.
    I don't believe in the term "injury prone." Every player who steps on the field is prone to injury.

    The more important question is whether the injuries of the past will impact future performance. In Rice's case, his best year was 2009, so the injuries that predated that season apparently did not hinder him.

    Will the hip injury hinder him? We have the next 6 games to see. If he is productive, I'd still put an "A" grade on him as a free agent.

  3. #18
    39thebeast's Avatar
    39thebeast is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    conecticut
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    1. Sidney Rice (FA pick up)
    2. Leonard Hankerson (2nd Round pick)
    3. Amendola
    4. DX
    5. Avery

    If the vikes lock up Rice my next FA choices are Santonio Holmes and Vincent Jackson. After getting Rice I would rather use our first round pick on an impact defensive player like a shutdown corner, top notch pass rusher, or an all world LB. This WR Class is deep you could find guys like Michael Floyd, Jon Baldwin, Ryan Broyles, and Leonard Hankerson legit first round tallents in round 2. I like Hankerson because he is Sidney Rice clone 6'3 205 atheletic with a ton of upside. Give Bradford two 6'3 monsters on the outside with Amendola in the slot and good depth in DX and Avery and your going to see a monster season out of Bradford.

  4. #19
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    1. Sidney Rice (FA pick up)
    2. Leonard Hankerson (2nd Round pick)
    3. Amendola
    4. DX
    5. Avery

    If the vikes lock up Rice my next FA choices are Santonio Holmes and Vincent Jackson. After getting Rice I would rather use our first round pick on an impact defensive player like a shutdown corner, top notch pass rusher, or an all world LB. This WR Class is deep you could find guys like Michael Floyd, Jon Baldwin, Ryan Broyles, and Leonard Hankerson legit first round tallents in round 2. I like Hankerson because he is Sidney Rice clone 6'3 205 atheletic with a ton of upside. Give Bradford two 6'3 monsters on the outside with Amendola in the slot and good depth in DX and Avery and your going to see a monster season out of Bradford.

    Where does Clayton fit in all of this?


    And Hankerson is good, but if Floyd or Baldwin is still available, I would go with them instead.

  5. #20
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,492
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Where does Clayton fit in all of this?


    And Hankerson is good, but if Floyd or Baldwin is still available, I would go with them instead.
    Not sure about that. I'd like to see which of those three has the best timed speed.

  6. #21
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Realistically i do not think Sidney Rice will want to go to St. Louis even if he would get a chance to catch for Sam Bradford. Vincent Jackson on the other hand just wants his money.

    My two receivers are Vincent Jackson and Donnie Avery.

    You saw what Bradford did with clayton and what he does now with Brandon Gibson. Avery is a more talented receiver than the 2 of those and plays the same type of WR.

    I think we can spend that 1st round pick on a defensive playmaker or Mark Ingram

  7. #22
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,492
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Realistically i do not think Sidney Rice will want to go to St. Louis even if he would get a chance to catch for Sam Bradford.
    Why? Do you think he wants to return to the Vikings with both the HC and he QB situation in flux?

  8. #23
    BarronWade's Avatar
    BarronWade is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Why? Do you think he wants to return to the Vikings with both the HC and he QB situation in flux?
    No i think if he is on the market other GMs will see the talent he has and he will get an offer to play elsewhere.

    I think if he is a free agent he will go to the Bears. Mike Martz as his coordinator and Cutler as his QB and the chance to face his old team twice.

    I doubt pat shurmur is an appealing name to a WR.

  9. #24
    Flippin' Ram's Avatar
    Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,435
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Here's are the WRs I think will play for the Rams next year. Avery and Clayton will be starting while a #1 drafted WR (Can be Jones, Baldwin, Hankerson, etc.), Gibson, and Robinson will be rotational/backup receivers. Amendola and Gilyard will play in the slot.

  10. #25
    rams_man13 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Here's are the WRs I think will play for the Rams next year. Avery and Clayton will be starting while a #1 drafted WR (Can be Jones, Baldwin, Hankerson, etc.), Gibson, and Robinson will be rotational/backup receivers. Amendola and Gilyard will play in the slot.

    No way the Rams will carry 7 WR's... 6 at the most and even that is one more than normal.

  11. #26
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_man13 View Post
    No way the Rams will carry 7 WR's... 6 at the most and even that is one more than normal.

    I would tend to agree. Robinson will be a free agent and unless he does something amazing these remaining games I believe they will just let him walk.

  12. #27
    Rambunctious's Avatar
    Rambunctious is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,198
    Rep Power
    53

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

    I doubt pat shurmur is an appealing name to a WR.

    What... you get signed to a big deal and then never have to run more than 10 yards at a time. Cake!

  13. #28
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Age
    28
    Posts
    580
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    I personally believe that Clayton will be a better long term option than Avery, but thats just me.

  14. #29
    Judaxi's Avatar
    Judaxi is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    248
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    I personally believe that Clayton will be a better long term option than Avery, but thats just me.
    I would tend to agree. I really am down on Avery, and maybe it's just me. He doesn't seem to catch extremely well and is always injured. The only WR's that I say I would absolutely want to see stay next year are Amendola, Clayton, and DX. If we bring in free agents and drafted rookies I wouldn't be upset to see anyone else cut.

  15. #30
    xkidflowx's Avatar
    xkidflowx is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    233
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Your (realistic) Dream Starting WRs For 2011

    im thinking we pick up Julio Jones in the draft or Michael Floyd or Jonthatan Baldwin from pit.. he's a beast !

    WR: Avery, Clayton, Amendola, *ROOKIE*, Alexander, Gilyard/Laurent Robinson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -03-15-2010, 11:03 PM
  2. Replies: 107
    Last Post: -01-18-2010, 09:49 PM
  3. Brown in, Hill out of Rams starting lineup
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -09-21-2008, 08:22 AM
  4. Hargrove Lands in Starting Role
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -08-20-2005, 02:26 PM
  5. I had a dream...
    By Reborn in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -08-20-2004, 02:24 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •