• 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams
  • 1 Post By Tampa_Ram
  • 1 Post By ZiaRam
  • 1 Post By AvengerRam

Thread: Zia's 2013 St. Louis Rams 3 round Mock Draft

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Zia's 2013 St. Louis Rams 3 round Mock Draft

Hello Clan! I have some spare time right now before I have to go to work again and been pouring over info/film/and study on potential picks I'd love see to in a Rams uniform. No trades are considered of course and obivously it's kinda hard to gauge before the senior bowl, combine, and 4 months before the draft but thought it'll be fun to do.

Round 1(16). Chance Warmack OG Alabama-

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
    Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.30.
    Projected Round (2013): Top 25.

Warmack has put together a strong 2012. He was dominant against Michigan in Alabama's first game of 2012. The senior blasted open running holes and did well in pass protection.

Warmack was very impressive versus Arkansas, Missouri and Tennessee. Like center Barrett Jones, Warmack had more struggles against Mississippi State. He had a strong game though versus LSU's standout defensive tackles.

Warmack had a tough test with Georgia's massive defensive tackle John Jenkins in the SEC Championship game. Jenkins beat Warmack for a sack, and some other good plays in the first half. Warmack had a big second half as Alabama rolled over the Bulldogs.

Warmack has had a great senior year.

Chance Warmack enters his senior season having started two seasons at guard for the Crimson Tide. He is a powerful road grader who did an excellent job of opening up holes for the Alabama running game in 2011. The senior could see his stock rise over the 2012 season.

Warmack played better in the rematch against LSU than he did in the regular season contest last year. As long as Warmack stays healthy, he should be a high second-day pick if not sneak into the first round like Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler did last April.

Watch those videos of Warmack and tell me you wouldn't want him on our team. He played Very well all season against Pro-Level competition as you can see in this LSU clip.

2. 1(22). DJ Fluker OT Alabama

D.J. Fluker*, OT/G, Alabama
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 335.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.15.
    Projected Round (2013): 2-3.

1/5/13: Fluker's stock has fallen this season. He was beaten for two sacks against Western Kentucky and allowed other pass pressures. Fluker also allowed heat on the quarterback when Alabama played Michigan.

The pass-protection issues continued in other games. Missouri's Sheldon Richardson beat him for a sack, as did some defenders from Mississippi State. Fluker's run blocking has been awesome, but his pass blocking has been a liability.

Fluker stepped up with a good game against LSU defensive end Barkevious Mingo. Fluker did a good job of keeping Mingo from getting pressure or any sacks. That performance could help him to stay at right tackle. Fluker had success as a run-blocker against Georgia. Some NFL teams will probably want him to move to guard.

8/23/12: Fluker was real force at right tackle for Alabama in 2011. He was a strong run-blocker who paved the way for Trent Richardson. Fluker looks like he could be an instant starter at right tackle in the NFL and is a natural at the position. Fluker has been a dominant force in the SEC the past two seasons. He is athletic as a pass-protector, and a bulldozer as a run-blocker.

If Fluker has another good season, one would expect him to leave for the NFL given the three years of standout play on his resume.

This will be probably my most controversial pick in my draft some but if you think about us sewing up the line with: Saffold, WarMack, Wells, Dahl, Fluker. With talented back up for injury:Hunter, Turner,Smith. Not a bad talent upgrade with plenty of potential for the future. With Lewan and Mattews going back to school I feel Fluker's stock will rise to the first round mid 20's area. Sam Bradford will reap the rewards of this with a smile as well as our running game!

3. 2nd Round Bacarri Rambo S Georgia-

Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
    Height: 6-0. Weight: 218.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

12/15/12: Rambo was suspended for the first four games this season. He has been excellent for Georgia sine coming back. In nine games, Rambo has totaled 67 tackles, three interceptions, one sack and three forced fumble. He had an impressive game against Florida with a sack and interception. Rambo played well against Georgia Tech and Alabama. He is a first-round talent, but the off-the-field issues knock him to Day 2.

9/2/12: Rambo has first-round talent, but has been his own worst enemy. He will start 2012 with a four-game suspension by Georgia for violating team rules regarding drug usage. The off-the-field concerns have been a big detriment to Rambo's draft stock, and it is hard to predict how heavily they will be weighed against him by NFL teams.

Rambo had an excellent season last year and was one of the nation's leaders in interceptions with seven. The junior also had 52 tackles with seven passes broken up. Rambo is a physical player with good instincts. He has the speed to fly around the field and get in position to make plays.

If you watched Georgia in 2010, it was hard not to notice Rambo as a sophomore. The instinctive safety always found his way to the ball and was a play-maker. He totaled 82 tackles with three interceptions, three passes broken up and three forced fumbles. Rambo is a talented player who should be a starter in the NFL.

After watching tape on Vacarro I'm not real impressed by his lack of physicality and his ball hawking skills which to me a FS must have. Sorry if you disagree (see Okla. State 2012 game). I really really like Matt Elam but with how I've projected our draft I like taking Rambo and think he will be a instant starter and turn over machine who can tackle,cover, and support the run.

4. Rd.3 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M

Sean Porter, OLB, Texas A&M
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 230.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.55.

12/15/12: The Aggies have changed defensive schemes from 2011, and Porter is playing a traditional 4-3 outside linebacker, rather than the 3-4 outside linebacker position that he played before. Porter is not being used as a pass-rusher very often as a result. The senior has recorded 60 tackles, 5.5 tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, four passes broken up and an interception for Texas A&M this season.

8/29/12: After the Aggies lost Von Miller to the NFL, Porter was looked at to be a replacement in 2011. The junior did an admirable job of replacing Miller. Porter was a dangerous edge-rusher and used his speed to fly around the field. He totaled 79 tackles with 17 tackles for a loss, 9.5 sacks and one forced fumble.

Porter played well against good teams and respectable offensive tackles. He recorded five sacks against Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Baylor. All three of those teams have offensive tackles who are well regarded.

Heading into November, Porter had 8.5 sacks and looked poised to compile a total in the teens. However, he had a streak of four games late in the season in which he didn't record a sack. Porter was still was around the ball in those games, and had quality tackle totals with four tackles for a loss. He ended the season well against Northwestern with six tackles and a sack.

Porter is a seek-and-destroy defender who flies around the field chasing down ball-carriers. His biggest strength is his ability to rush the quarterback off the edge. Porter plays well in space and is not a liability dropping into pass coverage, although he is a much bigger difference-maker rushing the quarterback.

Porter needs to add weight for the NFL. It would be ideal if he could gain 10-20 pounds to hold up on the edge. Porter occasionally gets washed out of plays in run defense when offensive linemen get their hands on him.

Is Porter a finished product? No. He does need some coaching up but, He is pretty good as a blitzer and rushing the QB, run support, and coverage. Coming from a 3-4 defense can't hurt him since it forced him to be more well rounded. Plenty of upside with him.

Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-12-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Zia's 2013 St. Louis Rams 3 round Mock Draft

Not bad. I think the 2nd is one round to early on Rambo, but he isn't a bad choice (Elam is better!!). I really like the Warmack/Fluker picks. I really hope Fluker drops far enough into the 2nd that we can take him with our 2nd rounder rather than our first. That way we can land an impact WR or S in the first (Hopkins, Williams, Allen, Elam).
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Not bad. I think the 2nd is one round to early on Rambo, but he isn't a bad choice (Elam is better!!). I really like the Warmack/Fluker picks. I really hope Fluker drops far enough into the 2nd that we can take him with our 2nd rounder rather than our first. That way we can land an impact WR or S in the first (Hopkins, Williams, Allen, Elam).
    You think alot like I do! haha I actually had it first at: 1(16)Warmack, 1(22) Elam, 2nd Fluker, 3rd Porter but I got to thinking of two of the top Tackles (Matthews and Lehan) going back to college that will create a demand for Fluker that he isn't going to last till our 2nd rounder! God I pray he does, that would be a hell of a draft....
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-12-2013 at 08:58 AM.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    You think alot like I do! haha I actually had it first at: 1(16)Warmack, 1(22) Elam, 2nd Fluker, 3rd Porter but I got to thinking of two of the top Tackles (Matthews and Lehan) going back to college that will create a demand for Fluker that he isn't going to last till our 2nd rounder! God I pray he does, that would be a hell of a draft....
    Id LOVE it. Fluker is a big nasty guy. His run blocking is excellent, and I think with Bou's experience and ability to train him on his footwork and technique he could be a top RT in this league.
    ZiaRam likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Im against drafting two O-linemen in the 1st round. Hopefully Fluker falls to us in the 2nd round. I like Rambo(if he is around in the 3rd) and Porter.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If the Rams want Fluker, they might have to draft him in the first. With the number of OTs electing to stay in school, the demand will push some guys up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Fisher in the Top 15, providing he has a good showing in offseason workouts.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If the Rams want Fluker, they might have to draft him in the first. With the number of OTs electing to stay in school, the demand will push some guys up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Eric Fisher in the Top 15, providing he has a good showing in offseason workouts.
    Absolutely right Nick. The guys going back to school are pushing lesser talents up, but the Combine and Senior Bowl and East West Game will go a long way towards defining talent levels. One OT that has caught my interest as a RT for us is Rick Wagner of Wisconsin. He didn't distinguish himself in the Rose Bowl, but he's played LT and he must be a good enough run blocker, ask Montee Ball. Although he must have pass blocked for Russell Wilson, Wilson has great mobility, not a Sam Bradford trait. Despite all that he comes from a great O-Line school and must have some talent to have played LT. He projects as a RT from what I've read. Nick, I'm interested in your thoughts if you know much about this player. I suspect he might be there for us in round 2, although the demand for OT's may push him higher.

Go Rams!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Nick, I'm interested in your thoughts if you know much about this player. I suspect he might be there for us in round 2, although the demand for OT's may push him higher.
    Definitely a late Day Two early Day Three prospect at this point, but there was a time during the summer when he was considered among the top senior offensive tackles available and a potential first round pick. So with a strong offseason, he could work his way up a bit.

Pretty athletic, was a high school basketball player and walked on to Wisconsin as a tight end. He played on the right side until Gabe Carimi went pro, then he moved to the left. Good size and power in the run game, but his technique isn't good enough to be among those top ranks anymore, as he has a reputation as a bit of a waste bender.

Still, he has the tools and could be coached up by this staff to become a quality starter on the right side. If he's available in the third round and the Rams haven't done anything at the position yet, he'd be worth a serious look.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Definitely a late Day Two early Day Three prospect at this point, but there was a time during the summer when he was considered among the top senior offensive tackles available and a potential first round pick. So with a strong offseason, he could work his way up a bit.

Pretty athletic, was a high school basketball player and walked on to Wisconsin as a tight end. He played on the right side until Gabe Carimi went pro, then he moved to the left. Good size and power in the run game, but his technique isn't good enough to be among those top ranks anymore, as he has a reputation as a bit of a waste bender.

Still, he has the tools and could be coached up by this staff to become a quality starter on the right side. If he's available in the third round and the Rams haven't done anything at the position yet, he'd be worth a serious look.
    Thanks Nick. I knew I could rely on your knowledge. I'm strong on Wisconsin linemen. I still lament that we didn't get Kevin Zeitler last year and passed on Peter Konz in round 2. I know, there are many reasons for that, but I feel building our O-line is key to getting to the next level.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Id LOVE it. Fluker is a big nasty guy. His run blocking is excellent, and I think with Bou's experience and ability to train him on his footwork and technique he could be a top RT in this league.
    Read my mind... If Bou could get a hold of this guy we'd have a hell of a book end for years to come me thinks.He'd definetly fit the bill for our run style offense just like Warmack would.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Im against drafting two O-linemen in the 1st round. Hopefully Fluker falls to us in the 2nd round. I like Rambo(if he is around in the 3rd) and Porter.
    Tampa come on man WTH?! lol Why not solidify that bad boy for good for a while and keep great depth? Getting a dominate O-Line effects us in every area: Run game which is our MO and offense focus, control the game/clock, keep defense off the field and to rest, protection finally for Sam so he isn't always on his bum and potentially hurt. Imagine if he would 100% get rid of that Bulgeriteous? Sometimes you can see him expecting to get hit from memory of the last few years and no one is around him just yet. Plus we get some young talent for years to come! Think of our O-line of GSOT days... they were big and dominant!

The more I see of Rambo the more I'm starting to like him. Plus how cool would it to get a jersey with Rambo on the back and where a red band on your head? lol

I agree Nick, Fluker is going to be more in demand and feel we have to nab him with our 2nd 1st rounder. It took me forever to find a decent OLB that would be out there around the mid 2-4 range. Anyone else you know of I can look up? I'm starting to like Porter the more I look at him.
    I'm starting to get a man Crush on Rambo that you pointed out to me weeks ago... we might be able to get him if we don't take a S early. He does have drug (weed) issues like Jenkins did.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -01-12-2013 at 10:45 PM.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

^ I'm also against drafting two offensive linemen in round 1. yes it would solidify our line but I think even if we take one of Warmack, Jones or Fluker we'll have a very solid line.

Plus i have man crush on Deandre Hopkins and would love to see us draft him. Besides that the draft looks great and would improve our team a lot.

Sosa my draft back on Jan. 12th. Who says I wasn't in love with Rambo! lol Now that I look at who I choose wasn't to bad.
    sosa39rams likes this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You certainly like the SEC!
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You certainly like the SEC!
    HaHa I just noticed that all my picks are in the SEC! lol I guess its accurate to say as of right now the SEC is a Pro factory.