coy bacon is offline Registered User

Adventures of Coy in the Land o Arches

Safe arrival in St. Louis. A treat to see the Eagles fly. Got to rent a Caddy for the trip.

Off we went to our destination out yonder. Towards the rising sun our chariot charged. As we cleared the city grumbling arose from deep within and we searched for a place to dine.

My choice, "The Hen House" looked promising. Sigh, I pick restuarants like I pick winners.

As soon as we walked in we were greeted by waffs of cigarette smoke. How delightful. We chose to move away from where we were first sat because of the smoke. Strange thing about smoke, it doesn't seem to understand the rules of the no smoking section. Physics be damned!

The coffee served was seasoned with bug killer, or was that turpentine? But, the food was good. But we shoulda gone across the street to the other place to eat.

Had a pleasant, non-eventful trip to business world.

On the return got to drive thru St. Louis just a bit and have a look see. The Arches, yes they are nice. Saw the stadium. Saw a lot of run down areas, saw several idiots driving pick up trucks... very strange... I've not seen so many people charging up to slow traffic. Is it a game St. Louisians play to see how close they can get to someone's bumper?

Ahh, the Hotel. Bad luck again. They put me in the maid's hang out room.

But, went to eat at Bandana's Barbeque. Good food, better than expected, and nice portions to boot. Their beans and coleslaw were much better than average. Cordon Bleu beware! Service was very good as well.

I think I like St. Louis. I'll be back soon. Business beckons.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Adventures of Coy in the Land o Arches

Pa said to venture out to Brooklyn, Illinois, on your next trip. It'll make this one feel muuuuuuuuuuch better....
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

and also empty your wallet!

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Got back tonight from the land o Arches. Tough 2nd trip it was.

First of all, apologies to the Mosurians. The restuarant named above, "The Hen House" is actually in the land o Lincoln, just a ways or' the bridge. No, I did not give it a 2nd try.

But boy oh boy, my observations were right! I'm sure a lot of people from New Mexico have moved to St. Louis. I've not seen a more stupider, ruder bunch of drivers since Albuturkey. Yech. Ya'll got to be New Mexican cousins or something. I've been to Hollywood, I've been to Redwood, but driving in St. Louis was weird. Gimme Boston anytime.