throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shadesofgrey Guest

Alright damnit....

Who's on a diet(other than me) and who should be?

Here's basically what I am doing(I've done it before and it works..PIA, but it works)

"Simply put, if you want to lose fat mass, you have to burn more calories than you consume daily; a caloric deficit is in order. If you fail to do this, your progress will be close to nonexistent. But how much of a caloric deficit are we talking here? Well, since most people's maintenance calorie intake (the intake at which you neither gain nor lose weight) can be calculated by multiplying their lean body mass (LBM; your lean body mass is your total weight minus your fat weight) by 15, a good place to start when dieting is 12 x LBM. This will allow you to lose approximately 1.5-2 lbs weekly without sacrificing your hard earned muscle mass. If you aren't in the 1.5-2 lb range, then adjust your caloric intake accordingly (i.e. decreasing it if you aren't losing weight fast enough or increase it if you are losing weight too rapidly)"

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Alright damnit....

I have the family beach trip coming up, so I am working on that lean body mass issue myself. I am on the South Beach diet right now and it is not bad except it is hard to buy all the different kinds of food that they recommend and I find myself craving fruit and sugar. I have done pretty well except for the drinking part. Too many social nights are interfering with the diet.

I have been hitting the gym too. My co-worker has convinced me that going to the gym in the am is good, so I have been there at 5:30am three times last week. I am not a morning person at all, but it seems I can work out while I wake up. There is a very different breed of people at the gym in the morning. I played soccer on friday. An hour an half on the field, no subs, no breaks. Not too bad for this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I should be. That's all I'll say.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

I started on the Lindors/Lean for Life diet on June 1. It is a low-carb diet that allows more carbs than Atkins but a lot less fat (turkey kielbasa and mozzerella string cheese are common snacks). Some exercise is essential in any low calorie diet, or any diet at all, or your metabolism will sink to compensate for the reduced caloric intake.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, Shades, I'm not a Body Building judge but you sure look great in that picture! :bow:

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I should be. That's all I'll say.
    Hmm, Nick I always pictured you as a slender guy. Am I wrong?

As for me, I'm a Men's Health subscriber and am a part of one of their on-line programs. The diet part is kind of like South Beach, with a little modification. The basics are lots of fiber (I've got multigrain bread and celery coming out of every pore) and lots of high protein (200-260 grams per day) lean meats like chicken (I've just been named Tyson Chicken's Man of the Year) and fish (I'm actually growing gills). I get a pretty fair amount of fruit too. The real difference is that instead of three meals a day, I eat 6 small meals a day, about 500 calories per snack. They even customize a workout program for you with little recovery time between sets so that you heart rate stays up while you're lifting. I've been on it for three weeks now and have gone from 294 to 282. At 6'4 and a fairly large frame, if I can get down to the 240-250 range I'll be happy.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm already 180 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal so why should I diet?

viper is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I've been on it for three weeks now and have gone from 294 to 282. At 6'4 and a fairly large frame, if I can get down to the 240-250 range I'll be happy.
    Interesting Hubison, I pictured you more as a wide receiver type than a lineman. :football:

RammieGirl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    I'm already 180 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal so why should I diet?

Oh Tex, you charmer you, you had me at "twisted"!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by viper3
    Interesting Hubison, I pictured you more as a wide receiver type than a lineman. :football:
    Nah, I couldn't catch a cold. And you can time my 40 with a calendar.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Shadesofgrey Guest

6'4 290.....I'm glad we are good terms :O I teach with a guy who is 6'5 340 (he started at Tackle for Fresno State back in the late 80's) That boy can drink...and drink...and drink...It's funny, when he goes on a diet he mixes crystal lite with vodka LOL That's his idea of a diet....As for my sig pic...it's been photochopped a bit...That's Dorian Yates from the neck down...I'm 6'2 245 or so...I'd like to get down to the 220's, maybe 210 and start doing some more endurance based sports :tongue:

rammiser is offline Registered User

Talking Re: Alright damnit....

I am 6'1 and a half. When I got married in 1993 I was 180lbs. My wife got pregnant gained weight and lost it all, I got fat and have not been able to lose it. My doctor has put me on a diet and so far I'm down from 294 to 283 in about 2 and 1/2 weeks. Its freaking hard, it didnt seem that hard to put it one but it sure the hell is hard to take it off. I would love to get down to about 215. Right now that is my goal and I am consuming a lot of chicken and tuna yummy. No more pizza,chicken wings or any of that good stuff :sad:. We are taveling to Cabo in September and I am in no shape to sport my speedo LOL.
    Just Fix It

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I'm 6'3" 280 here. *DING* Used to be up around 295 when I lifted more. Ever since college started the lifting has gone away but I've still go most of my strength. I'm lifting mostly furniture and people nowadays though. Getting a little soggy these days.

I'm trying to stay big enough for an emergency promotion if the Rams ever need a defensive tackle or a guard. I thought last year was gonna be the year. :football:

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Shadesofgrey
    ....As for my sig pic...it's been photochopped a bit...
    Shades, say it ain't so, say it ain't so!! LOL

Shadesofgrey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Shades, say it ain't so, say it ain't so!! LOL
    I teach photoshop 7th period...so basically it's my job to make funny pics of people...especially Avenger..If you look at Zig Zag he actually makes productive stuff with his graphic skills...Usually the creative bug hits me in the process of messing with people..Here's a few I have messed with

Last edited by Shadesofgrey; -06-15-2005 at 02:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast