Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    I just got a notice in the mail that my intrest rate will go from 9.73% to 23.9%. Effective Jan 2010.

    Didn't we just give these people Milions of taxpayer $ to loosen the credit grip on the world? Guess what I am using any money I get to pay off the credit cards and SCREW the economey. WallStreet doesn't care why should I ??
    Last edited by RamDez; -03-05-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Language


  2. #2
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,295
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    The best advice I've ever heard............never put a dollar on a credit card that isn't already in the bank. Payoff that card every month. Then who cares what they raise the rates to? You'll never pay a dime of interest.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  3. #3
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Yes, you are the only one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    JPPT1974's Avatar
    JPPT1974 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seymour TN
    Age
    39
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    That is why I quit using credit cards. Four and a half years ago! And that is why, I don't plan on using them at all.
    Until the day, I die! Hopefully!
    April Easter Bunnies!

  5. #5
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by JPPT1974 View Post
    That is why I quit using credit cards. Four and a half years ago! And that is why, I don't plan on using them at all.
    Until the day, I die! Hopefully!
    But if you use credit cards one day, then you will know that you will die, then say "Hey, never mind, I don't want that!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Dude...you're not getting screwed by your credit card...it's a phone sex line you moron. The card isn't talking to you.

    Oooooohhhh baby...yeah...that's it...slide me into that card reader...oh yes, that's it...charge me baby, charge me...make me fat with your spending....that's it...use me again and again and again and again.....oh my God your credit limit is so big!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    I usually would say this is a deep conversation..

    But I would be Lying to you.

  8. #8
    Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Hey I know her! That is my ex wife from Russia.I paid for her! I want a refund!!LOL

  9. #9
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,442
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Without getting into a political debate, note also that the credit card companies are also cutting credit limits to many many customers. That is a bit like locking the barn after the horse has left, as too easy credit is one of the major contributing factors enabling many people to live beyond their means for years. The mortgage mess has gotten the bulk of the publicity. The credit card mess is coming when the banks come clean on the amount of credit card debt that as realistic matter is never going to get repaid by consumers.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,963
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Dude...you're not getting screwed by your credit card...it's a phone sex line you moron. The card isn't talking to you.

    Oooooohhhh baby...yeah...that's it...slide me into that card reader...oh yes, that's it...charge me baby, charge me...make me fat with your spending....that's it...use me again and again and again and again.....oh my God your credit limit is so big!
    Finger hovers over the big red button


  11. #11
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Finger hovers over the big red button


    Oh...I'm quite aware where the line is great one! Just seeing if you were awake!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  12. #12
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post


    Oh...I'm quite aware where the line is great one! Just seeing if you were awake!
    You suck up!

    You were hoping he was referring to a diffrent "big red button".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #13
    bigredman's Avatar
    bigredman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    El Paso, Texas
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,815
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    You suck up!
    What are you trying to say?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #14
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    lol that is wrong in so many ways.
    However, it is a sight to which BRM is very accustomed...lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #15
    Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Am I the only one getting screwed by credit cards?

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Without getting into a political debate, note also that the credit card companies are also cutting credit limits to many many customers. That is a bit like locking the barn after the horse has left, as too easy credit is one of the major contributing factors enabling many people to live beyond their means for years. The mortgage mess has gotten the bulk of the publicity. The credit card mess is coming when the banks come clean on the amount of credit card debt that as realistic matter is never going to get repaid by consumers.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    Are they doing a reverse credit check on everyone? Also is that legal? I have been on time and actually exceededing the minimum payment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Draft: Throw Away the Report Cards
    By Nick in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -04-28-2008, 05:09 AM
  2. same old cards?
    By woody4cards in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: -10-07-2007, 09:04 PM
  3. Rams Shaky Edge Cards
    By THEFIELDGOAL in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-15-2004, 06:39 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
  5. Cards Ready To Head to St. Louis
    By RamDez in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-11-2004, 02:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •