throwback week

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
    bigredman Guest

American Idol for Ram Fans Official Thread

Yes....it's finally here! Another fantastic season of American Idol. I picked David Cook from his initial audition in Omaha to win the whole thing. No BS, I really did.

I like the changes that they have made to include instruments, and now they have added a new judge (she was trying a little too hard to be edgy, but I think she'll add another female perspective that will complement Paula's).

I enjoy some of the crash and burn auditions at the beginning of the season, but after the first night of those, I'm ready to settle down to the real serious selection of talent. I'm glad to hear that they are going to expand the coverage of the Hollywood week. That week is probably the most stressful (and I'm sure drama filled) week of the entire competition and I always felt that they could have expanded the coverage of that week in two or three episodes (two the week of and then another one the next week the night before covering the following week).

I will make a prediction right now. Bikini girl WILL NOT make it past her next appearance.

If you feel compelled to come in here and trash talk American Idol, I for one will ignore you. Start your own American Idol hater thread. This one is for all of us that enjoy the show and want to share our thoughts throughout the season until a new American Idol is crowned. Next to the NFL draft, this is the only thing that keeps me going during the off season.
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-14-2009 at 08:15 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Re: American Idol for Ram Fans Official Thread

I picked David also. While we are waiting on the serious matter of our head coach, and bikini girl...........I thought we could have some fun..

What are your two favorite songs, (Your songs).

I will start.

Heavy by Collective soul

2. Paralyzer by Finger eleven.

Thank You for bringing this to our attention you American Idol Princess BRM!

Let the season begin!!!!!!!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    If you feel compelled to come in here and trash talk American Idol, I for one will ignore you. Start your own American Idol hater thread. This one is for all of us that enjoy the show and want to share our thoughts throughout the season until a new American Idol is crowned.
    Oh alright, I'll bite my tongue..........
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -01-14-2009 at 09:17 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Why not just watch it and join in on the fun?You forgot what your two favorite songs are.

[quote=r8rh8rmike;267717]Oh alright, I'll bite my tongue..........[/quote]

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Oh alright, I'll bite my tongue..........
    I thought I had done that for you (there was that night at a bar in Oakland).

bigredman Guest

My favorite songs are Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin
    and Unforgiven by Metallica

I can only hope that they are sung during American Idol.
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-14-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I thought I had done that for you (there was that night at a bar in Oakland).
    You're making it tough for me to bite my tongue here Randy. And the bar was in Alameda!

bigredman Guest

I will probably be a day late in my analysis since I will watch AI via TIVO the following night (I get up at 3AM to go to work) most of the time, but I hope to do it "live" as often as I can.

FIRST SHOW 1/13 Phoenix Arizona
    Twan....had a chance, but was doing too much Michael Jackson crotch grabbing that turned the judges against him.

Emily was hot hot hot.....definately has professional talent...will make the finals. The tats bother me to believe she will win it all.

Randy the crier Madden nothing great or even good...the tears are a turn off when you are a rocker. Simon is right. Drama queen.

J.B. Just poke me in the eye with an ice pick.....sheeeesh....I can't believe they voted him through.

Michael....the pretty...the pretty master....wasn't he the troll from the Lords of the Rings?

Will...I can only guess he was looking up while singing to see if God would strike him dead and put him out of his misery.

D.J. singing it's all coming back to me was just as annoying as when Celine Dion sings it.

Shawn...first needs to sue whomever did her haircut, and then resign herself to the fry section at Burger King.

Andre (xray)...I like him, but he needed to stay with the guitar to give his hands something to do. Acted too silly.

Arianna...nice girl....sweet...will not make the final 12.

Elijah...great radio voice...can't carry a tune...completely tone deaf.

Lea the pink cowgirl...I'm glad she didn't make it...she annoyed me.

Stevie...named after Stevie Nicks...too bad she doesn't have the same quivering smokey voice...but she was good enough to go to Hollywood.

Michael 2...they said yes...I would have said no...sounded like 5000 other boy band singers.

Bikini girl...definately played to Simon's horn dog tendancies..weird that she was actually pursuing Ryan....

Eric...sexual chocolate...come on dude...ripping off Eddie Murphy Coming to America character...have fun with the new car.

Brianna...you'll be back to selling air fresheners at the car wash soon sweetie......(notice Simon pointing to his mouth when he let her through...message...you owe me something after the show).

Deanna should of picked a Janice Joplin song...not dock on the bay....may make it pass Hollywood, but not much further.

Cody horror show Sheldon...not much voice range...but will thrill the teeny boppers that watch AI...so he will go far, but won't win.

Alex....sounded no worse than the previous boy band singer...will last one more round.

Scott the brainiac....the competition needs one feel good story...he's it....needs to get a personality.
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

The next time I watch American Idol will be the first time I've watched American Idol.

Two favorite songs... that's tough.

Western Skies, Blue Bonnet Blues, I Believe in America, Seventeen, The Lady is Dancing With Me, Call of the Wild..... just to pick one of Chris LeDoux's songs is a grave injustice.

Brooklyn Roads, I Am....I Said, Yesterday's Songs, September Morn, Both Sides Now, Play Me, Captain Sunshine.... almost anything by Neil Diamond

Yes I am an old fart that cannot 'get behind' the cacophony of noise blaring from the radios these days.

Thank goodness for Glenn Beck and Sports talk radio!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

bigredman Guest

OK...Cheri...you have this nack of derailing threads with these left field "what about...."

Just letting everyone know, go ahead and name your songs...but if that's all that's going to be commented on...I will delete the thread. (God what an ass I am)
    Last edited by bigredman; -01-14-2009 at 11:43 PM.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Just letting everyone know, go ahead and name your songs...but if that's all that's going to be commented on...I will delete the thread. (God what an ass I am)[/QUOTE]

Kind of like...

American Idol for Ram Fans Official Thread-plane-tree.jpg

Now what?
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGirlRamsFan View Post
    You two had to have been drunk not to know what city you were in.
    Randy is often confused about where he is and what qualifies as TV worth watching.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

LMAO........Keep the thread alive Red. No more favorite songs ok? I pinky promise.

Much love big guy!

I think Danny singing "I heard it through the grape vine" will go far.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Just letting everyone know, go ahead and name your songs...but if that's all that's going to be commented on...I will delete the thread. (God what an ass I am)

Kind of like...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane in tree.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	1057

Now what? [/quote]
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -01-15-2009 at 04:55 AM.

d4nnystl539 Guest

Not my two favorite songs but songs I like are California Dreaming by the Mamas & Papas, which I might of heard during one of the auditions. The other one is Aquarius/Let The Sunshine in by The Fifth Dimension, which can also be seen at the end of The 40 Year Old Virgin.

The guy who's wife died, was a deep story. Wonder if he'll make it far...
    I don't know, I liked the bikini girl's audition too...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BRM
    Yes....it's finally here! Another fantastic season of American Idol. I picked David Cook from his initial audition in Omaha to win the whole thing.
    I'm not really an AI fan, but I'm not a hater either. My wife loves it, so I watch it with her. Anyway, I can honestly say, I picked Carrie Underwood as the winner during her audition. Dang, she's hot.

They're really going to have to step up this season as last year was (I have to admit) pretty good. There were several in that group that were quite entertaining.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast