throwback week

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: American Idol for Ram Fans Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Okay...Matt got voted off...wait a minute...he gets to sing to try and stay on with the judge's amnesty vote...he sings...sucked it up even worse than the night before...yet they put him back. Total BS. Next week they eliminate two now. The only reason they used their vote now is that they can go into the final five with a dramatic elimination of two contestants. If they had waited to later in the competition to use their vote to save someone, it would be construed as rigging the outcome. It was all quite silly in my opinion. Next year...let the vote of America stand.
    I actually like that they have the save vote. However it should only be used on someone that has a legitimate shot at winning the whole enchilada. With the present competition Matt stands zero chance of winning the title.

I don't like the 4 judges thing. The new judge is a joke in my opinion but then again so is Paula Abdul.

They have to keep Simon because he's the "MAN" and Randy has to stay or COKE would go out of business.

bigredman Guest

If anyone but Matt and Kris gets voted off this week I am going to be pissed. If you are going to use a save, use it on someone who has a legitimate shot at winning the competition. Matt has no chance. It was a waste.

Lil….I thought she sounded good but the judges sure did rag on her. We’ll see if the power of Simon’s comments will indeed eliminate her this week.

Kris…Ok…its disco week and he has his guitar? Okay…so he takes a disco song and turns it into an acoustic/reggae song. Original, but I thought these different genres were supposed to have you perform the style to show their versatility.

Danny…has the glasses back on. I still think he has a very limited and unspectacular voice, but he should get through on his back story and personality.

Allison…I like the rock version she turned this song into. However, the performance was mostly screaming toward the end…I really liked the first part.

Adam…I don’t know what style he’s sporting tonight. That rooster hairdo is strange, even for him. His voice is reminiscent of the lead singer in Journey back in the day. That was a friggin’ brilliant performance. The emotion he poured into his vocals actually made me tear up. Great, great, great performance.

Matt…look what loser boy is wearing. Enough with the hats dude. Booooring. Bye bye Matt, you ain’t stayin’ alive this week.

Anoop…a very boring and safe performance….again. The guy has a really good voice, but has no pop or originality that will make him a hit in the music industry.

Okaaayyyyyyyyyy. I know what I said at the beginning of the show, but I’m selecting to be eliminated….

Lil and Matt

bigredman Guest

Wasn't political...they are entertainment figures...no mention of parties...certainly no libel risk....just found it interesting that the only two minorities left in the competition were eliminated.
    Last edited by bigredman; -04-25-2009 at 05:38 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Adam is certainly my fav also. His song this week was amazing. So I stick by my 3 top, Adam, Allison, and Danny.

I think Adam will take it. Best top I have seen in years.

OK Red, what did you do,lol? Do you need spanked?

bigredman Guest

I'm always open to that!!!!

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Well that's not news Red.

Love ya big guy!

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Adam wins, Danny is runner-up followed by Chris. Matt goes home this week and then Allison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman Guest

Getting a little late start this week, but I haven’t seen either the performances or the elimination, nor have I heard anything in advance…..so don’t spoil it for me!

Rat pack era tonight…I don’t know how relevant this is to finding a modern day pop artist…but who am I do question the brilliance of AMERICAN IDOL.

First up……

Kris…transition to up tempo was a bit squeeky…overall boring performance…squeek at the end going to high note…terrible. Judges comments are insane…amazing? Setting the bar? Dark horse to win? INSANE. Simon…finally…thank you…safe…nice…nothing special.

Allison…17 years old now. Her voice is so totally made for this song and era. You can envision her in a smoking speak easy singing next to a piano. Great performance. As Simon…I worry about her…not because of her belief of whether she can win or not, but she doesn’t seem to have the home base support the others have in maintaining votes. Hope she makes it. She deserves to get to final three at least.

Matt…again with the hat…I hate this guy. Booooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggg. Un-inspirational performance. This only proves he shouldn’t be here at this point. Judges are hammering him…oops…Paula and Simon are out of their minds. All I can say is Matt must have compromising photos of Simon and Paula they don’t won’t to get out. How else do you explain that they used the save on this low talent slug and are talking him up to get to the next round?

Danny…Another slow song….what? Nobody wants to try something snappy and upbeat? Everyone playing it safe tonight. Okay…he’s ending up upbeat…there ya go….that saved him in my book. First part of song I hated, second part excellent.

Adam…saving the best for last…my choice to win…can’t wait to hear what he does…Jamie Foxx was diggin’ it…perfect perfect perfect…love the intro… the transition////I would pay star money to see his performance live. This guy is great.

Prediction?

Matt deserves to go, but its between Kris and Allison I’m afraid. I can’t pick my little red haired girl…so I’m going with Kris.

bigredman Guest

Okay...elimination show....KRIS got more votes than Adam? I can believe more than Matt, but more than Adam? America needs to wake up. I think folks are getting complacent about voting thinking that Adam is so safe they didn't need to send a vote themselves. WAKE UP!!!! Now let's see who get eliminated....

Matt leaves.....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

bigredman Guest

Okay...let's get right to it.

Adam...Led Zeppelin...great song, great performance, great talent.

Kris...not good.

Allison...like the song choice and her voice is made for it, but she didn't sell an emotional connection like Janis did.

Danny...did good but missed the scream at the end.

I want Kris to go

bigredman Guest

I don't care what anyone says...Paula is HOT.

Kris got to top votes....are you friggin kidding me?

Adam is the next one safe...finally some sanity.

Danny makes the top three....

Allison got ripped off. I'm going to miss her.

P.S. If she would have sang that song the way she did tonight, she would be staying.
    Last edited by bigredman; -05-07-2009 at 09:06 PM.

CaliGirlRamsFan Guest

Hi guys! Ok, so Allison got totally ripped off. Hate that new judge. Adam is spectacular. He better win this thing.

I want to take a moment to tell Red I am sorry for the loss of his Aunt and that I hope your mother is doing better. Love ya big guy,

Tonight is a big night... from 3 down to 2.

Adam is a lock in my mind.

My hunch is that Chris makes it also. I really think Chris and Danny are pretty evenly matched as far as this competition goes. Seems like Danny has slipped just a little and Chris is bringing it of late.

Is this the best final 3 ever?

bigredman Guest

Well the final sausage party of three perform. I already miss my little Allison.

Danny…I don’t know the song, so I couldn’t tell you if it is merely copy or original. It was okay, but I don’t think it was anything special.

Kris…boring ballad. Again, nothing special or original. Interesting fight among the judges. I agree with Simon. I think its because he sounds like Dez if he were a Brit.

Adam…starting slow and soft…like the song…let’s see where he goes with it.
    Middle part is more screaming than really singing...then ends soft. Probably his worse performance on American Idol so far in my opinion. He could of done it so much better if he had used more of his middle range.

Now the contestants pick their own songs.

Danny…slow ballad…interesting interpretation of it. He did a good job. His vocals were spot on. Kris will have his work cut out for him.

Kris…well he went from the piano to guitar. Very catchy and interesting spin on Kanye West’s song heartless. Never really paid attention to the lyrics when West sang this…but I like it. It was better than Danny I have to say.

Adam…the background vocalist was a bit distracting…again a bit screamy…I know I picked this guy to win it all, but I didn’t like this one either.

I say it’s Adam and Kris in the finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibiru2012 View Post
    Bye, Bye Danny.... It should have been Chris !!!!! Danny will have a great singing career i think and he deserves it, he seems like a really good dude.
    Adam takes it next week.
    I'm not so sure?

Adam is the more talented but Chris has the teeny boppers on his side and let's not forget it all boils down to how "AMERICA" votes.

I'm smelling an upset....