Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Another teams jersey?

Sorry Wraith, but the Rams are not the first NFL team that I have supported. I can't even claim that I jumped on the bandwagon. I missed out on the whole Kurt Warner scene and the Super Bowl win.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Return To Glory is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    Sorry Wraith, but the Rams are not the first NFL team that I have supported. I can't even claim that I jumped on the bandwagon. I missed out on the whole Kurt Warner scene and the Super Bowl win.
    thats a shame, You sure did miss out on the ride.. who was your team prier to the rams?

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

No way! There's the Rams, and then there's eveyone else.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with purchasing a player of another teams' jersey, (as long as it's not a fortuniners' jersey, that would be blasphemy).

I do own Eric Dickersons' Colts jersey, as well as Kellen Winslow Sr.s' Charger jersey and I will no doubt purchase several other Hall of Famers jerseys eventually.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    In my opinion there is nothing wrong with purchasing a player of another teams' jersey, (as long as it's not a fortuniners' jersey, that would be blasphemy).

I do own Eric Dickersons' Colts jersey, as well as Kellen Winslow Sr.s' Charger jersey and I will no doubt purchase several other Hall of Famers jerseys eventually.
    Maybe there might be a differentation made between owning (investment, collector) and wearing a jersey representing another team?

RnD

bigredman is offline Registered User

Team sports, I follow the team. Once a player leaves the Rams to another team, they are dead to me...period. Take Dickerson for example. I have his photo breaking the single season rushing record signed and addressed to me. I wouldn't pay a penny for anything when he was a Colt. As far as I'm concerned, he never was a Colt, because he "died" when he left the Rams.

Nascar, I follow the racer, not the team, number, or sponsor of the car. I follow Dale Earnhardt Jr no matter if he drives a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota (next year). He could be driving for Budweiser, Cheerios, or Tampon for all I care. Same with Danica Patrick in Indy, and Ricky Carmichael in Supercross/Motocross.

Contradiction or is there a difference? Hmmmmmm?
    Last edited by bigredman; -08-19-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

BigRed ....your philosophy is inconsistent. How can you support the team in one, and the individual in another?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thoey is offline Registered User

Could it be cause one is a team sport and the other is more of an individual sport? I know there is more than just the driver to make a successful NASCAR team, but the driver is the only one that gets the glory.
    This space for rent...

rams70 is offline Registered User

Absolutely, positively,definitely NOT! NEVER!

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

I wouldn't buy or wear apparel from other teams, only the Rams, so far the only jersey I have is a #28 Rams home jersey and I'm sticking with it. I'm not ever going to switch teams either, I don't do that, no fun in switching to the latest greatest all the time, too easy.

As far as rooting for other teams, I do, obviously not when they play the Rams (doh!), but some teams I like more than others. For instance I will root for just about ANY team if they play the Patriots because I hate them more than any other team in the league.

I also prefer some players over others, for example I've always had a lot of respect for McNair and I like the Ravens, so this year I'll be rooting for them too. The Chiefs I like as well, partly because of a lot of the players they already had and partly because I like Herm Edwards. But there can be no question about which team is my main team.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

bigredman-i would follow danica patrick anywhere.

in response to another earlier post about rooting for and wearing other teams jerserys,if you are rooting for example carolina to beat the giants and then that would give the RAMS homefield throughout the playoffs,then thats ok,but under no condition should you be wearing there or any other teams jerseys.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -08-16-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Milan is offline Registered User

It's fine...if you like another player wear his jersey. I'd like a Barry Sanders jersey but I'd also like a lot of Rams ones.

GSOT is offline Registered User

I mean also what if you are actually related or somewhat know the player on the other team? IE matt jones.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

if your related-i will leave that one up to the panel,if you "somewhat" know a player, what the hell does that mean ?

did he live in the same town as you ?
    did he go to the same college as you ?
    did he date your sister ?

i once sat back to back with isaac bruce in a restaurant and spoke to him a couple of minutes,but i dont claim to somewhat know him.

of course i am only kidding with you(although i did sit that close to ike) if you know someone personally then i guess it might be ok,but only in his presence.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't think it's such a big deal if you support another player just as long as you're wearing the right jersey on game day. I mean unless the player is in the same division, we won't be directly competing against them often. Like in the example of Matt Jones that was mentioned, we may only face the Jaguars once in four years unless both teams make it to the Super Bowl. Division rivals are another story. I suppose maybe you could make an exception for someone like Tidwell because the jersey is more a statement of support for the troops than it is support for a particular team. At least that's the first thing that comes to my mind when I see one.

So to answer the question, no I don't wear any other teams' gear, but neither am I totally opposed to the idea.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast