Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BigGame is offline Registered User

Re: Any thoughts on the Imus debacle?

HU,

Honestly, I did assume he was Republican, and that was ignorant on my part. Quite frankly, though I attempt to follow major events, I am in the wrong to be attempting any sort analysis of US politics, because in the end, I don't really know. What I hear is framed, but my interpretation holds Republican conservatives as supporters of policy that fosters racial, cultural, and economic divides, and I made my statement accordingly. Unfounded, and I apoligize.

I refer back to my point that, as an outsider, I view the apparent tendency to excuse Imus' comments as unacceptable. M1 of political hip-hop act Dead Prez recently spoke on the issue, and while I feel him another example of a contradictory black leader (admittedly, like Sharpton and Jackson), he hit the nail on the head. I'd anybody who cares to hear the views of a left-wing rapper on the issue, try a google search for his interview with Davey D. A bit extreme, but the type of agressive leadership I still see neccessary these days.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Any thoughts on the Imus debacle?

What I hear is framed, but my interpretation holds Republican conservatives as supporters of policy that fosters racial, cultural, and economic divides, and I made my statement accordingly. Unfounded, and I apoligize.
    No apology needed, my friend....we're all family here.

As for what you've heard about Republicans, it's not your fault dude......90% of the people who report to us our news vote Democrat. And that's their right to do so, but it also explains a lot about how the Right gets displayed at times.

But that's the beauty of a multiparty system.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12