Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    81

    Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Milan et al, please give us your historical perspective on marshall tito.

    ramming speed to you and yours

    general counsel



  2. #2
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Now I know it's a slow Rams news week....................

  3. #3
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Milan et al, please give us your historical perspective on marshall tito.

    ramming speed to you and yours

    general counsel
    Tito was one of the best presidents we've ever had, back in Yugoslavia. Was named president for life, but died in the 80s (I think). Was president of the Communist Party. Also had a strong but costly defense against the Nazis in WW2.

    He was way before my time, but my mom often tells me how good of a president he was.

    Any more info You need? :tongue:

  4. #4
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Played Stalin extremely cleverly too.

    Might be classed the only "real" communist leader.

  5. #5
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Not a fan of any communist or socialist leaders,and that includes hitler.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  6. #6
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    64

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Me neither, but there was a noted absence of gulag's in Yugoslavia and he did flip Stalin the bird.

  7. #7
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Didn't know people actually knew Yugoslavian history.

    "Not a fan of any communist or socialist leaders,and that includes hitler."

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Nazis and Hitler Fascist?

  8. #8
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Didn't know people actually knew Yugoslavian history.

    "Not a fan of any communist or socialist leaders,and that includes hitler."

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Nazis and Hitler Fascist?
    Facist are what you call national socialists,its all the same.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  9. #9
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Socialism isn't a bad concept, it just had horrible representatives minus a few not so bad ones.

  10. #10
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Socialism isn't a bad concept, it just had horrible representatives minus a few not so bad ones.
    Socialism is a bad concept because the govenment never has enough money,and are always raising taxes.People who like socialism dont care much for freedom if they can stay on the dole.Meaning give me give me I dont want to work for it.Hippies come to mind.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  11. #11
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Socialism is a bad concept because the govenment never has enough money,and are always raising taxes.People who like socialism dont care much for freedom if they can stay on the dole.Meaning give me give me I dont want to work for it.Hippies come to mind.
    There are still worker's in Socialism, my dad was a communist through the 70s-80s and he still worked hard to get all A's in school and to land a good job.

    The Idea of No Social Classes or poverty strikes me as a good one.

  12. #12
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    There are still worker's in Socialism, my dad was a communist through the 70s-80s and he still worked hard to get all A's in school and to land a good job.

    The Idea of No Social Classes or poverty strikes me as a good one.
    Cant happen.Socialism makes everybody poor except the government and artists.

    You just cant tax a country wealthy.

    Kudos to your father for wanting to better himself,but you dont see people flocking to socialist countries they escape them.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  13. #13
    Milan's Avatar
    Milan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,081
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Cant happen.Socialism makes everybody poor except the government and artists.

    You just cant tax a country wealthy.

    Kudos to your father for wanting to better himself,but you dont see people flocking to socialist countries they escape them.
    Well Yugoslavia Was a successfull Socialist country at my grandparents time, and they were well off. Had enough money for the essentials and things they wanted.

  14. #14
    psycho9985's Avatar
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Visalia ca
    Age
    57
    Posts
    1,657
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Quote Originally Posted by Milan
    Well Yugoslavia Was a successfull Socialist country at my grandparents time, and they were well off. Had enough money for the essentials and things they wanted.
    But did they have freedom of speech?The right to protect their home with force?I know they didnt have the right to own property or openly pray.I'm sure the only news they heard was what the gov. only let them hear.All those things are cherrished in the U.S.and they are under constant attack by homegrown socialist,and their the vast minority,but their winning.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -01-31-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

  15. #15
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,541
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: Attention Milan-serbian/yugoslavian info

    Freedom of speech aside, the welfare system in the good old US of A is borderline socialist. Very close to if not actually bread and circuses. For many, it is an incentive not to work and keeps them with just enough money to discourage real political activism.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •