Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bigredman is offline Registered User

bigredman's Pop Warner Team

Thought I would keep you abreast of my team's (Ravens) fortunes, as we begin our season. FYI, I coach varsity Pop Warner football, (7, 8, and 9th graders) I mainly coach the defense as the head coach, but I oversee the offense with my offensive coordinator as well.

We played the Chargers on Sunday (9-3-06). We won 42 to 6.

Next week I'll be out of town with you guys. We play the Yellow Jackets. My offensive coordinator is in charge. Its a good team, but we should win.

Will keep you posted.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: bigredman's Pop Warner Team

good job bud. Raven though....BURF!!!!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Wow, you owned 'em! Good Job man and good luck!
    RamsFan16

Ok....the week I was absent to go to the bash in St. Louis, my team lost 24 to 14 to the Yellow Jackets (who we should have beat). The following week I was absent for the whiner game and my team lost 38 to 6 to the Vikings (who are tough every year). My assistant on defense panicked both games and tried a bunch of stunts and blitzes, which I TOLD HIM NOT TO DO. Oh well. I will get the defense back this week, and help the offensive coordinator to kick some butt on the offense to score some points. We are 1 and 2 at this point. We play the Titans next. Very good team and well coached.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Things are back on track. Although we lost to the Titans 18 to 13 (not making excuses, but our starting and backup QB went down, and we had to use an emergency QB), we came back the following week to win against the Falcons 24 to 6, and this weekend we beat the Bengals (our main area rivals) 24 to 12. We're 3 and 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rambos is offline Registered User

Bigred whats the deal, you seem to be absent, from the sidelines a bit much. Best of luck going forward.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

How can you loose to the Titans? Don't they kick you out of the league for that?
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

I usually miss one or two games a season depending on which Ram games I go to each year. I always go to two Rams games a season. I'm at the practices all week where all the work is really done, and I have good assistants to take over during those absences at the games. What can I say?

Anyway, last week we had the 49'ers, but they forfeited due to lack of players (you have to have at least 18 players suited up for game day). This past weekend we played the Bears and won 27 to 0. We are now 5 and 3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Alright I've waited long enough, it's time. I would like to start an impeachment petition. I want Denny "Green" Head coach of the Arizona "Redbird" Cardinals out. It's never been a good fit, "Green" has failed in all areas. His replacement for the position seems like a natural, big"RED"man. He's the man best suited to run this franchise. All those in agreement please jump on board.

Ok...they jumped on us 14 to 0 in the first five minutes...but after kicking some butt...we beat the Trojans 36 to 20. We play the Bobcats next week (which we'll hopefully be 7 and 3)...then the playoffs begin the following week. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-06-2006 at 09:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Do you make the kids play in a kilt?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Do you make the kids play in a kilt?
    Only way to make 'em tough!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I guess that is better than fishnet socks under the football pants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I guess that is better than fishnet socks under the football pants.
    Want to know a secret. I, along with many other racers, used to wear panty hose under our leathers during motocross, scrambles, or enduros when conditions were wet. It kept them from klinging to your skin and prevented chaffing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well it was an interesting season. Played the Bobcats this past weekend. Great game. Good coaches on the other side. The kids played their hearts out. It was 20 to 20 going into the last two minutes of the game. Called a Red Tiger Whiskey (which is a right side, inside linebacker blitz to the outside of the defensive tackle). We run a 4-4 defense (a variation of the 6-3). Anyway, with the inside linebacker blitzing, the other team ran a fake draw counter reverse. My outside linebacker got taken in by the fake counter, my inside linebacker got to the QB just as he made the hand off to the slot receiver going on the reverse to the same side as my blitzing linebacker. Perfect play against the defense I called. The kid ran it 30 yards for a touchdown. I just had to look across the field to the other coach and smile at him and point. He got me. The point after attempt was no good so it was 26 to 20 with one minute and 49 seconds left. We got the ball back on the ensuing kickoff, drove the ball to their 40 yard line, got bogged down, attempted a 4th and 4 screen play unsuccessfully. They kneel on the next play. Game over. A real heart breaker, but I was proud of my kids. So proud. We are a small team in numbers, with many of our players going both ways. God I love these kids. They didn't lose this game, I did. I told them so, and they came up and hugged me telling me its OK. Telling me how no one player can win or lose a game, same goes with a coach...yada yada yada...all the stuff I tell them. That is what its all about. They heard and learned the message. They became a TEAM and loved one another. It never fails to make my eyes well up (as I am now). We will have our banquet to hand out trophies, say our good-byes, and see you next years. We missed the playoffs unfortunately. You know, when I go to the High School where my youngest son attends and see the kids from previous years, they come up to me smiling and calling me coach. We relive our glories and defeats, catch up on what's been happening with them and me and the team. I can only explain it as a legacy that's ongoing and rewarding. I have seen some of the players that I have coached go onto college football. None have made the pros yet, but I'm sure one day it will happen. What I would like to see before I die, is one of my kids make the pros, and on Monday night football player introductions say "Bobby Carpenter, North Stockton Ravens". That would be sooooooo cool!
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-07-2006 at 12:19 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast