Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Re: bigredman's Pop Warner Team

Tough loss, but the story of your team has been a great one. Keep up the good work BRM, you could be one of the few good influences some of these kids have. Lessons you teach them will last them a lifetime. You sure make me want to coach some football.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: bigredman's Pop Warner Team

I would encourage you to do so. Just start out assisting. Running drills and all the things the head coach and coordinators don't want to deal with during practice. Keep the kids into the game on the sidelines, give attention to those that have dings and aches. Learn from the other coaches, give your input. Before long, you'll be very involved as you gain the trust of the head coach and coordinators. You'll probably be given special teams eventually, and then work your way into a coordinator position as guys leave. Its VERY rewarding. Takes a lot of your time, but worth it! You'll have no problem getting on a team. We are always searching and in need of help. You'll have to be certified by the league and obtain first aid/cpr training, which only involves a day seminar before the season begins.
    Good luck, and you can use me for advise anytime.
    Last edited by bigredman; -11-08-2006 at 12:32 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12