Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The Cars! Your automobile / vehicle / wheels

My first car: 1969 Hurst Olds. Had it for 3 weeks, then sold it for $1000 more than I paid, bought a '73 Olds Omega, had it for 3 months, traded it to my dad for a '73 Charger. Ran like a striped-assed ape....
    Fastest one was a '71 Camaro I dropped a 427 into...ran low 10's, too wild for the street, but it was fun....
    The most fun was an '82 Dodge Rampage...I got over 500,000 miles on it before an ex-girlfriend wrecked it....It would do low 14's in a quarter, top out about 135, and get me almost 33 a gallon if I kept my foot out of it.
    But, Alas, these days we have a '73 K5 Blazer in the backyard. A rod started knocking last December, so it got parked. Mom drives an '87 Riviera, complete with touch-screen computer, but she's wearing it out. Me, I have a '94 Explorer. Got a heck of a deal on it...and it is OK, even for a Ford.

RealRam is offline Registered User

RFamily, I like the sound of that Camaro. I know how it goes w/the changing of one's cars as the years keep turning our own "year-dometer".

Ten years ago I had a very conservative 67 Rambler stationwagon, 6 cyl. Clean and reliable. The ONLY mod I ever did to it was to install a dealer-new Ram head from a Dodge Ram truck on the front of the hood -- fit perfectly (angle, etc.).

Go Ram-bler! :redface:

McQueen's '68 Mustang in Bullitt during the famous, memorable chase against bad boys in Frisco Bay. Clic on search link.

A burnout -- in reverse. Now that's what I'm talking about! :1:
    Last edited by RealRam; -05-29-2005 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Adjust link

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

It's all about the Landcruiser...best all around vehicle on earth...1977 fj-40, 1984 fj-60, and 1993 fjz-80

89th Indy 500: Dan Wheldon / Michael Andretti Team.

The name most mentioned during the entire event -- or so it seemed -- Danika Patrick, did an amazing job for a rookie. No doubt she will be a competitor for some time.

Was a great Indy 500. I enjoyed the pre-race Memorial Day festivities too.

...And glad that the Pace Car is still American.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

My first car was 1 1970' 340 Cuda' A Silver -Blue with white V/top and white interior except the dash. Spun a bearing the first night i took it out.! Pulled the motor apart and ordered everything from Summit Racing to rebuild it when someone broke into my house and stole every damn new part that i had busted my A** working and spending my money on! After that it just took all the incentive i had to do anything with it and sold the Body and bare block for a measly 350.00 back then! Damn if i only had known what it would have been worth now! It is my favorite muscle car then and now!...................Have a 98' springer soft-tail now........and a big block 79' Mariah jet boat that i have redone just recently,interior should have been done this weekend but,people didnt get it done for me! WaHH!!! Its not like i get alot of time to enjoy either one though! Teenage daughter keeps me busy with sports pretty much all year round!..............Bidding on Vettes off ebay as we speak.
    Last edited by talkstoangels61; -06-11-2005 at 06:56 PM.

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    My first car was 1 1970' 340 Cuda' A Silver -Blue with white V/top and white interior except the dash. Spun a bearing the first night i took it out.!
    How old was it, and how many RPMs were you doing? Those motors are bullet proof when you have at least 3 qt of oil in the crank case, and at least a gal of water in the radiator.

My cousin had a 68 Sport Fury that had a 318 under the hood. The 318 was "on it's last leg", and my uncle was going to help Frank put a 340 in it when the 318 died. The only thing my uncle required was keeping oil and water in it. Frank burned up a 904 and a few u-joints trying to kill that engine. They put the 340 into a GTX, and started drag racing it. They eventually replaced the 340 with a 383. Last I heard from Frank, he was in Pueblo racing an Omni with a 360 under the "hood".

gap

TTAngels61, I can really empathize w/you on having those parts from Summit stolen. Miserable fools.

Was definitely a project.

Chrysler / Plymouth 69, 70 Cudas were serious about performance. Here's a site you might find memory - mending.

http://www.allpar.com/model/cuda.html

To clarify, not ALL the cars I despise are in the 'Cars I despise With a Passion' list (original post). I also cringed at the site or sound of a Yugo. Opel was 'okay' however.

Not ALL GM cars make me sigh w/fondness. I was never too thrilled about Cadillacs and nowadays, I'm dissapointed GM has taken the Hummer vehicle under its wings, as well as the SAAB.

I like Land Rovers but not Range Rovers. Was disappointed with post-1970 Mustangs until its comeback as of late. Also like the British Ford Cortina and other blokes of the Imperial Island.

I like most German cars though I would not want to own a BMW. Now an Audi ... absoluteleeeee!

:nerd:
    Last edited by RealRam; -05-30-2005 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Typo

Saturn, also under the GM umbrella, a nice, economical and safety-oriented car.

Speaking of safety: Volvo. But in terms of style preference, I'd have to think about it.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

I like most German cars though I would not want to own a BMW. Now an Audi ... absoluteleeeee! Ya try to get one worked on without paying for it all over again.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

P9985, like a Jaguar or a newer Mercedez Benz. :upset:

Quote Originally Posted by gap
    How old was it, and how many RPMs were you doing? Those motors are bullet proof when you have at least 3 qt of oil in the crank case, and at least a gal of water in the radiator.

gap

I don't know about a 340 being bullet -proof at all! Myself and several Mopar men around the area will argue that point! Maybe a stock 340 but, not any that have been modified at all. Or at least we have never had much luck keeping one together! Unless you bought steel cranks for them they would always throw a rod or spin a bearing it seemed like!................Note : we didn't take it easy on them either! Could have something to do with it also!

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    TTAngels61, I can really empathize w/you on having those parts from Summit stolen. Miserable fools.

Was definitely a project.

Chrysler / Plymouth 69, 70 Cudas were serious about performance. Here's a site you might find memory - mending.

http://www.allpar.com/model/cuda.html

Thanks real Ram.........when i got the car it only needed a littlr tlc and some elbow grease!.........Yes ,sad thing is i believe they were some so called friends that stole everything!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123