View Poll Results: What industry is the worst to have to deal with?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Airlines ("Sorry, we overbooked your flight. But enjoy these peanuts while you wait.")

1 9.09%
  • Cellphones ("If you sign with us for life, we'll give you a free crappy phone!")

2 18.18%
  • Insurance ("What!?! You actually are making a claim!?!? Raise premiums by 35%!!!")

6 54.55%
  • Home Computers ("You bought this yesterday? Oh. Well, that's outdated now.")

0 0%
  • Automobile ("You know I'm already selling this at below cost, right?")

2 18.18%
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

As a consumer, what industry do you hate most?

Which is the worst industry to have to deal with?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: As a consumer, what industry do you hate most?

I voted for airlines because I actually can remember when the service they provided was better. All the others have always been horrible.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I say insurance, because you are exactly right, if you make a claim even after paying years of premiums, you get hosed.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I hate cell phones and the cost of telephone service, but that is mostly because my house is a black hole and it gets horrible reception. The cell phone companies lock you into really long contracts and penalize you for cancelling early.

I am just signed up for cable tv, phone, and high speed internet which should be cheaper than my phone bill alone. Bye bye direct tv..... I'll probably be back in the fall, unless cable picks up the NFL ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Don't expect too much from cable picking up the Ticket. I believe DirectTV just signed an exclusive rights contract until 2010 with the NFL.

P.S.--Where is the ALL OF THE ABOVE option?

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I am just signed up for cable tv, phone, and high speed internet which should be cheaper than my phone bill alone. Bye bye direct tv..... I'll probably be back in the fall, unless cable picks up the NFL ticket.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

If I time it right I may get the NFL ticket for free since they like to give away so many promotional channels to "new" customers.

For now, I'll take a cheaper monthly bill, high speed internet and one of those cool DVR machines. I need to figure out which shows are worth watching so that I can record them and watch them in my free time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Automobiles. I know I am gettig hosed one way or the other. Still, I negotiate and and haggle and drive them hard. When they say they cannot go that low, I tell them 'see ya!" It is funny how they find a way to go lower, huh?

When they bring in their sales manager, that's when I kick into high gear. One time, the sales manager comes in to try to drive the deal. I say "hold it" he keeps talking, and I continue to repeat 'hold it" until finally I am yelling and everyone in the dealership is looking. I then say "Hey, I didn't know this was a tag team match. I better leave and go get my tag team partner."

I do not know if any of you are car salesmen, but I believe that 95% of car salesmen are scum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Honestly, it's a toss up.

My biggest problem is usually with governmental agencies, but I don't think they qualify as industry, so I'll put in #2.

The other gripe I have is about my equipment suppliers, especially Carrier and ITT Pneumotive.

ITT sold off the Pneumotive division 20 years ago, and after changing hands about 12 times, they no longer exist. So much for finding that part for my vacuum pump...

Carrier (the Air Conditioning company) bought out Universal Nolin refrigeration some time ago, then closed the Conway, Arkansas plant. Shortly after they did that, they sold the rights to the name, and I can't even find a simple wiring diagram for my walk-in freezer.

I'm surprised you didn't put the music industry as a choice. $19.99 for a CD that has nothing on it but noise, maybe one song worth listening to. That is a rip-off.

OK, rant over. We return you to your regularly scheduled program.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

The service industry, in general.

Too many of the kids, NOT ALL, think the world owes them everything. No work ethic, they think they are doing you a favor by bothering to wait on you.... and then cannot make correct change if you hand them change once their register has told them what they are to give back in change.

RnD

GO RAMS!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Automobiles. I know I am gettig hosed one way or the other. Still, I negotiate and and haggle and drive them hard. When they say they cannot go that low, I tell them 'see ya!" It is funny how they find a way to go lower, huh?

When they bring in their sales manager, that's when I kick into high gear. One time, the sales manager comes in to try to drive the deal. I say "hold it" he keeps talking, and I continue to repeat 'hold it" until finally I am yelling and everyone in the dealership is looking. I then say "Hey, I didn't know this was a tag team match. I better leave and go get my tag team partner."

I do not know if any of you are car salesmen, but I believe that 95% of car salesmen are scum.
    I agree the automotive industry is a pain. Although I have a funny story.

I have leased a Dodge Durango for the last 6 years. The first one I leased was Black, leased it from 2001 to 2004. When my lease was near the end I decided to go back to the same dealer and lease another new Durango a 2004 edition. So to save all the Salesman pressure that they like to hit a person with. I walked into the showroom, 1 second later a salesman was on me like flies on you know what. I told him my situation and what I wanted and what I wanted to spend. (cut right to the chase) He says hold on I'll go get a list of available 2004's. **(Now keep in mind this dealership is about 5 minutes from Gillette Stadium, Home of the New England Patriots)***(Also this is taking place in May of 2004 on a fairly warm day, I'm wearing a short sleeve shirt). Anyway the Sales guy returns with a long list of different colored Durangos that meet my requirements. So before he can describe any of them to me I request a test drive and don't care which one it is I'll decide on the color later. So he goes and shags a blue Durango and calls me outside for the test drive. As I'm driving he's going over all the features of the vehicle.
    6 cd changer, hemi, all wheel drive, power seats, power windows, this particular Durango is "Patriot Blue", heated seats, airbags etc., etc., etc..

So we return to the dealership and park the vehicle. While exiting the vehicle he starts with the questions about my opinion of the Durango. The ride? How did it handle? all the options? etc., etc.. My reponse was that the Durango was awesome...loved it...except for the color of this one. He asks, the color? What is your favorite color sir? I tell him blue. He says this one is blue sir. I respond by asking him to tell me the real color again. He says, with a huge smile on his face, PATRIOT BLUE sir.( He's assuming I'm a Patriot fan) I tell him that's the problem, (as I pull up my short sleeve on my right arm allowing him full view of the 2 RAMS tattoos on my upper arm) unless the color of this vehicle is RAM blue I would prefer a different one. I have never seen the look that this guy had on his face ever. Totally in a state of shock for about 3 seconds and then broke out into a fit of laughter. All the while I am maintaining a very low key and straight face. He then proceeded to bring me inside to finalize the deal but not before letting every person in the showroom, sales people, supervisors, customers you name it, in on what had just transpired. He announced that he in fact had a live one!!!

This is a true story. I have been driving a 2004 Durango....it's RAM BLUE.

My lease is up in a few months....contemplating my next lease.