txramsfan is offline Registered User

Current TV Channel

Has anyone else checked this channel out? It's an Al Gore project, which really surprised me, but it's a great new and provocative tv channel that may be a view to how television is produced in the future. It's fresh, entertaining, and overall a great new way to watch television.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Current TV Channel

tx, could you provide a little more detail? I have no idea what you're talking about.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

http://www.current.tv/

It's a brand new television channel. Rather entertaining. Viewers can do their own documentaries, submit there show and if it gets aired will get paid for it.

This channel showed a documentary clip from the Wal-Mart movie that should make you think twice before going into any one of their stores again.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    This channel showed a documentary clip from the Wal-Mart movie that should make you think twice before going into any one of their stores again.

http://www.walmartmovie.com/
    I'd be hesitant to put much stock in any activist group that has as some of their major partners, the ACLU, moveon.org, AFL/CIO, the teamsters, Progressive Democrats of America, and (my personal favorite) the League of Pissed Off Voters.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Both sides now bison.....clear and balanced. This coming from a one time staunch republican who now thinks we should blow up both parties and start over. The right moved way too far right for me, and the left is somewhere next to Pluto....

Both sides now bison.....clear and balanced.
    That's all I've ever wanted.....journalism from every angle.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Has anyone else checked this channel out? It's an Al Gore project, which really surprised me, but it's a great new and provocative tv channel that may be a view to how television is produced in the future. It's fresh, entertaining, and overall a great new way to watch television.
    Al Gore invented TV didn't he?

No, he invented the Internet. lol

Please, just give the channel a chance. If you don't like it fine, but I like the freshness and the grass roots aspects of it.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

No, he invented the Internet. lol

Please, just give the channel a chance. If you don't like it fine, but I like the freshness and the grass roots aspects of it.
    Getting paid for progressive ideas is the key. Any one can utilize the waveform monitors, chyron machines, and bar and tones at the public television station to cobble their own local programming together. Isn't that where Science Fiction 3000 Theatre originally started?

Or even with a webcam from Logitech one can broadcast their own version of the McNeil/Lehrer newshour.