Thread: A dentist visit

RamWraith is offline Registered User

A dentist visit

OK...I got a good story for you all

I have had a very stressful week in anticipation for my first trip to the dentist is 22 years. Yes, that's right, 22 years. Some of you know that I have a little complex about people being in my personal space. Needless to say a dentist trip is not a pleasant thing for me. Also, during this 22 year span I used to use chewing tobacco for 20 of it. Now, don't get me wrong, I still have nice looking teeth that are still fairly white and up until this point I have not had a cavity. As well as also having all my wisdom teeth with no troubles (knock on wood).

Well, to make a long story short. A couple of months ago I started getting a very painful tooth on my top and bottom left side, and it was beginning to interfere with my steak chewing, and that's not a good thing for this guy. Well, after several weeks on hemming and hawing my wife finally talked me into making an appointment. Today, that appointment came. The sweet doctor was so kind to give me valium (good ****). And after several (16) x-rays and a complete dental exam, I still don't have any cavities. Come to find out I switched to the Crest flavored (lemon) toothpaste that apparently has a lot of enzymes in it that can create pockets of sensitivity.

Needless to say after working myself all up for nothing. It turned out to be a great trip. I am going back in 2 weeks for a full cleaning. Pretty cool huh!

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Re: A dentist visit

Cheer!
    Nothing like no, or little, business for the Dentists.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

RamWraith, you are a big chicken and you are lucky that you don't have a mouth full of rotten teath. You are lucky to have no cavities.

:tut:

I like my dentist and my dental hygenist. I've been going to the same place for a long time, and they know my whole family. There is always lots of catching up to do when I am there, which is hard to do when they are in my mouth the whole time. The dentist does not have to be scary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I know Utter. And made myself a promise that I will do a yearly cleaning and exam from here on out. Well...at least every other year LOL

I go twice a year. You should go at least once a year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

general counsel is offline Registered User

Jason, you would look great with one gold tooth in front. I bet your lovely wife would find that very sexy. If you ever need to have one pulled, i think you would also look very competitive with the george washington wooden tooth look.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

You could always go for the "grill" look which has gotten popular lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blankman17 is offline Registered User

Get crunk, baby.

Don't feel too bad, though. I haven't been to a dentist in years either with no need to and I've gone through the period where wisdom teeth might have needed to be pulled.