Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Do you have a favorite author?

One of my favorite things to do after a long day in the tax office is to grab a beer, a book, go out on my porch and read outside. Now, I'm not saying I'm reading John Steinbeck or War and Peace or anything like that, just something fictional to take me away from everything electronic. I'm like to read mystery novels, detective novels, Stephen King sometimes....but mainly I'm reading alot of James Patterson stuff.

Anyone else a bookworm?

After I posted this I thought of something.....would anyone be interested in starting a ClanRam book club?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Do you have a favorite author?

I teach adult Bible classes every Sunday and Wednesday at church, so most of my readings these days consist of biblical reference materials and commentaries. I can give you some good commentators, if anyone is interested.

And yea, tx, a book club might be a cool idea.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I have lots when I have time to read.

I am currently reading the Prey series by John Sandford. There are 17 books in this series and I have 2 to go. Great author if you enjoy cop suspense type books. He also has another series with a different character.

Next read though is the Da Vinci Code. Haven't had a chnace to read that yet.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Frederick Forsythe, Mario Puzzo and some tom clancy. One book that i would HIGHLY suggest is the godfather. Everyone has seen the movie, but most have not read the book and the book is really much better than the movie. In addition, Fools Die and the Sicillian, both terrible movies, are sensational puzzo books.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

thoey is offline Registered User

Clancy and Grisham are my two favorites.
    This space for rent...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Mario Puzzo
    Did I hear right that he is working on a new Godfather novel?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I've made an effort to start reading a little more often in my free time but am no aficionado when it comes to literature. The stuff that interests me the most is usually non-fiction, not necessarily going by author, but two of my favorites so far are Hunter S. Thompson and Cornel West. I also love reading about any paranormal/supernatural topics.

:l

-jake-
    Last edited by evil disco man; -04-05-2007 at 01:30 AM.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Although, I dont usually have alot of time for reading besides school work, I like Dean Koontz books.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I think my favorite auther is really an editor that puts together those books called "Letters to Penthouse"....errrrr, uhhh, wait...

Actually, I read between around 4 books a month. I continue to work on my collection of books about the Rams and Rams players. The next book I need to get is "On The Run" by Eric Dickerson.

I read whatever Star Trek books that are released each month. I read them, then sell them evry 6-8 months on eBay.

I like to read biographies and autobiographies. Some that I have finished lately include Colin Powell and Grace Slick.

I like to read military history, with particular interest in World War II. I have read some books in recent time about Japanese treatment of POWs that really pisses me off. I just finished a book called 'Boys of '67" which chronicles the careers of three Marine generals.

We have a guy that sells books that comes to my work once a month. The books are $5 each and the proceeds go to support a literacy charity. My problem is that I need more bookshelves for all of the books I have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I read whatever Star Trek books that are released each month.
    Diane Duane. A. C. Crispin. Diane Carey. June and Garfield Reeves-Stevens. The Shat. I read quite a few of them myself...

However, if I had to choose ONE author, I think I'd say Azimov.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Patrick O'Brien is my most recent favorite -- one good thing for those who become addicts -- there are something like 24 or 25 novels in the series featuring Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin. I have read the entire series 3 times.

I wholeheartedly agree with GC about Mario Puzzo. I saw the movie "The Godfather" when it first came out in a theater and was so impressed I purchased the book a few weeks later. It was better than the movie, and the movie was a classic. Another GREAT book by Puzzo is entitled: "The Sicilian"

For Tex -- if you like sarcasm -- You might enjoy Bill Bryson's "A Walk In the Woods"

Last, but certainly not least is my late hero: James Herriott (Dez should know about this guy). I have lost count of how many times I have read his books. For those of you who might not know of him, James Herriot (Wight is his real last name) was born in Scotland, and became a country vet who lived and practised in the Yorkshire Dales of good old England. The man was truly a wordsmith with an incredible sense of humor. His stories are true, heartwarming, and funny (old James was known to tip a few now and then and wasn't afraid to write about it).

RooRam is offline Registered User

Tom Clancy and Jack Higgins are two of my favourite authors."Solo" being one of the best.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Does a Sports Writer work? If so I like Nick Wagoners' work
    RamsFan16

Drew is offline Registered User

[quote=MauiRam;164951]Patrick O'Brien is my most recent favorite -- one good thing for those who become addicts -- there are something like 24 or 25 novels in the series featuring Jack Aubrey and Stephen Maturin. I have read the entire series 3 times.

im on treasons harbour at the moment.....please dont tell me the ending!
    Last edited by Drew; -04-04-2007 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spelling error

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Tom Clancy, Dean Koontz, R.A. Salvatore

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast