Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Masspatsfan12 is offline Registered User

Re: Do you support capital punishment?

hmm telivised executions, works fro me. Hmmm, it could pay the national debt down.

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

No way here, Ladies & Gentlemen....................i can't believe all the hate on here! We are not their judge or juror's. There's only one that can be that!............i believe that all people are born innocent and some are not all there (upstairs)! Satan could get to any of us here on earth and we'd snap and do something that you know that we wouldn't do if sane! Chemical imbalance,etc. What if any oy your kin were too snap and do something foolish? Would you execute them without knowing what went wrong! I believe that life in prison is the way to go!.....Look we pay for just about everything there is to be paid for through taxes,etc. and what about the true innocent that have been put to death? what do you tell their kids or families?..........................I'll let the good man upstairs decide their faith! Wouldn't want that on my shoulders the rest of my life!..........Sorry to disagree with you people here but, thats the way i feel about the matter.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe
    If convicted I think you should get 3 appeals maximum, with one year per appeal. So the maximum time someone would spend on death row would be three years. All offenders to be blindfolded and put on the firing line. Except cop killers. No blindfold and all riflemen should wear the respective uniform of the cop that they killed.
    One problem with the firing line MoonJoe...it involves using actual people with actual feelings to kill another person. Now, I don't know about you, but I would have serious qualms with killing another person in cold-blood, even if the government said it was alright to do so. That is the reason that they no longer use firing squads.

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

TTA....Respect your opinion I do. However.

Those crimes commited that call for the death penalty are, by nature, vile and despicable acts. Waiting for the convicted individual to receive just punishment until he (or she) stands before The Maker almost robs Humanity of the satisfaction of upholding and enforcing our interpretation of unacceptable Moral actions. This, in turn, undermines the basic tenets of "free will" and self-determination, both of which we, as Humans, were endowed with by our Creator (if this is your belief with regard to Creation).

If we accept the belief that free will was intentionally given to us, then by definition are we not supposed to act and behave in ways that, over time, evolve to align with our feelings about right and wrong? Our interpretation of it?

Whether ultimately judged to have made the right decisions with regard to the understanding and application of a moral "code", are not the wrong choices as important as the right ones? Are not mistakes and "failure" both part and parcel of the decision-making process?

If we, as a species, were "created" by a higher power and left to our own devices, i.e. allowed to evolve over time, could we then be considerd to be that "Power's" children? Do we, as Humans, use the process of "Learning from our mistakes" as a tool of parenting with our own children?

Perhaps one day we will change how we apply our moral code enforcement. Perhaps we won't. But I do believe that it is our job as Humans and no-one elses, right or wrong.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Wow. That was waaaaaaaay too deep.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Do you support capital punishment?

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam
    Starting with "Live from Guantanamo..."
    LOL LOL Good place to start.Then go to that Abu something or other.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Marshall1 is offline Registered User

I beleive that people should die the way their victims died, so if someone shot a person the family should be given the chance to do the same (eye for an eye) and if they didnt commit murder there should be a machine that does this. Such as rape etc. If someone killed my family I should kill theres, in public. I maybe way off in my thinking, and it sounds cruel, and I may have insulted people or upset people, for that I am sorry.
    "Championship's are won with defense" :angryram:

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    No way here, Ladies & Gentlemen....................i can't believe all the hate on here! We are not their judge or juror's. There's only one that can be that!............i believe that all people are born innocent and some are not all there (upstairs)! Satan could get to any of us here on earth and we'd snap and do something that you know that we wouldn't do if sane! Chemical imbalance,etc. What if any oy your kin were too snap and do something foolish? Would you execute them without knowing what went wrong! I believe that life in prison is the way to go!.....Look we pay for just about everything there is to be paid for through taxes,etc. and what about the true innocent that have been put to death? what do you tell their kids or families?..........................I'll let the good man upstairs decide their faith! Wouldn't want that on my shoulders the rest of my life!..........Sorry to disagree with you people here but, thats the way i feel about the matter.
    I respect this thought and I respect your opinion, but there are some people out there that live to hurt people. They are not mentally challenged, they are doing this at there own free will? What about 911? I think it is just that Americans (I am an American) have the right to go kill as many Talabon(?) people as we can, if you raise arms against us then we have every right to kill back, as many as possible. It's called consequences of your action. Would we be in Afganistan or Iraq if 3,000 Americans were still alive? No! I have a hard time with people who defend murder's, rapest's, and plain old thugs!

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    One problem with the firing line MoonJoe...it involves using actual people with actual feelings to kill another person. Now, I don't know about you, but I would have serious qualms with killing another person in cold-blood, even if the government said it was alright to do so. That is the reason that they no longer use firing squads.
    Yes firing squads are done, but the Militay (USA) still has the death penalty!

Do you guys know what the Saudi's do on Tuesday's? It's chop chop time. They still cut off the heads of there criminal's. They have a guy chop there heads off and it fall's into a bucket. Then the water sprinkler's turn on and wash the floor off. We called it "Chop Chop square" when I was there. The women are still stoned to death, check this one out. They bury the women half way in the ground, A Mutowa (Religious Police) throws and cerimonial stone, then a dumptruck pulls up and drops like 4 tons of stone on her, they unburry her and if she is alive they take her to hospital and try to save her, not Allah's will for her to die?! That's the way thing's should be!

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Masspatsfan12
    heres a new one what should they do for punishment for child molesters? how about castration or hanging them by the scrotum.

Take him to an abandoned shack, nail his stuff to the floor, and hand him a rusty butter knife. Next, set the shack on fire. If he wants to live, he has to cut it off! He would most likely die from the blood loss anyway. Ain't I just a MEANIE?
    Last edited by MOM; -07-22-2005 at 12:31 AM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

I love you MOM.

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1
    I love you MOM.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1
    I love you MOM.
    DITTO your Awesome.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

MOM

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    DITTO your Awesome.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast