throwback week

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Masspatsfan12 Guest

Re: Do you support capital punishment?

True very true on that point, nice drawing by the way.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Hey Rawkhrdr,

Yes the human factor is involved as in with most executions. I think the trick with firing squads is one or more of the shooters does not have a real bullet, but just a blank, so there is no way to know if they really did the work.

It just sounds good for cop killers to me since I have a real hate for people like that. I am not a cop or anything, I just don't like people with such a disregard for others, especially those that are trying to help in the first place. We just had a Lakewood Sheriff out here gunned down about two weeks ago as he was standing on the porch looking for the guy that eventually killed him. No warning, nothing, just frickin blew him away. This for some supposedly "tough guy" gang member who couldn't even face the man he was about to slaugther. The man had rap sheet that was several feet long and now he will sit on death row here for an average of 15 years before he could be put to death.

I guess my point is this, can 15 years of sitting on death row deter others from commiting the crime, probably not. Peoples memory's are just not that long. Is it right for us to be the ultimate judge? I don't think we are, I truly beleive that is the makers job, and it is cliche, but we can help expidite his appointment with that big decision maker. Maybe it doesn't deter others, maybe it not our place, but I can guarantee this, there will will be on less scumbag rat, ruining the lives of one or several innocent people.

uh, put me down for yes!

Joe

Masspatsfan12 Guest

same here, how about televised executions? just curious on anyones thoughts on that matter.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

psycho9985 that was hilarious.........tanks

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    Take him to an abandoned shack, nail his stuff to the floor, and hand him a rusty butter knife. Next, set the shack on fire. If he wants to live, he has to cut it off! He would most likely die from the blood loss anyway. Ain't I just a MEANIE?
    Yeah!!! That will teach that darn T.O. to make outrageous contract demands!

Oh.... wait.... this isn't a T.O. thread... is it? Um.... never mind.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    This is the perfect example of thread evolution. A thread will take whatever course it takes, as is the case with this one...we started with capital punishment, we're now at romance and flowers.

Every thread is a creature unto itself.
    Ok, let's get to the point.

After much reflection, I have made my decision.

I DO support capitol punishment, because those in the Capitol (Washington, D.C.) misbehave enough to be sent to the corner!

As far as CAPITAL punishment, I think anyone who commits a violent crime should be chained to a wall in public, and the victim or victim's survivors should be free to do whatever they wish to the person. If the victim or thier family does not wish to do anything, then the victim or family of a victim of a similar crime should be allowed to seek thier own justice.

Bet the crime rate would drop.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Do you support capital punishment?

A resounding YES, in all fifty states! By all means, pun intended.

Charles Manson*. War criminals, rapists, child molesters:

1. With dull and rusty instrument, cut off one phallanx of one finger at a time; give it a summer day without treatment to make sure it gets infected. All fingers, all toes.

2. Cut ear lobes, etc.X3 "Oh, that's right; let's not forget that one! And those two."

3. If really thirsty, give the little devil warm sewage water.

How dare these people live for ten, fifteen, twenty years on death row or life imprisonment because the death penalty has been abolished in California or elsewhere??!? No!

The state would save much money and have plenty of jail room for non-deathrow prisoners.

*.- Why couldn't he be tried in Texas!?!
    Last edited by RealRam; -07-25-2005 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Suffer the sin

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Actually, Manson was sentenced to death in the trial. Two years later, when the state of CA did away with the death penalty, they made it retroactive so Manson and others like him could be 'rehabilitated'.
    I suggest using several Louisville Sluggers to rehabilitate him with....as a start.

Masspatsfan12 Guest

I am tired of seeing the murderuers and rapists get away with the crimes that they commit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345