Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Does anyone have The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on DVD?

I'm a Netflix member, and I got this in the mail not too long ago. I start watching it only to realize that every bit of dialogue (except perhaps one or two characters) does not match up with their lips. It's perhaps a fourth of a second behind, which isn't much, but still makes it look like you're watching a dubbed foreign film. Is this standard for the DVD version of this movie?

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does anyone have The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly on DVD?

The problem is that you are standing too far away from the TV and the light waves are reaching you 2 seconds before the sound waves.

And if you believe that one, I've got some oceanfront property in Missouri I'd like to sell you!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm a Netflix member, and I got this in the mail not too long ago. I start watching it only to realize that every bit of dialogue (except perhaps one or two characters) does not match up with their lips. It's perhaps a fourth of a second behind, which isn't much, but still makes it look like you're watching a dubbed foreign film. Is this standard for the DVD version of this movie?
    Isn't it that way for all of Eastwood's spaghetti westerns? That's common I think.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Yodude is offline Registered User

That's a defective DVD...I've had it happen with other DVD's I've bought which are not dubbed....and actually, Eastwood's spaghetti westerns, while made in Italy by Sergio Leone, were made in English and not dubbed.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster