Thread: Email Warning

Email Warning

There are some new nasty viruses out there, please be carefull and make sure your virus checkers are up to date and SWITCHED ON :rolleyes:

I get on average 50 emails a day, and at the moment I am recieving 7 emails a day with viruses attached.

one to watch is this

its sent by this address

rdquest12@microsoft.com

as titled

Microsoft Customer

It has a nasty exe file attached. It looks official and asks you to update a security patch ................ don't

28rulz is offline Registered User

Thanks

Thanks for the warning Dez...

huntdux is offline Registered User
    Just in case there are some of you that don't know, Symantec, the producers of the Norton antivirus software maintains a website called www.snopes2.com It has a comprehensive listing of actual viruses and also of internet hoaxes. As we sort through our email, we all encounter junk that others pass on without bothering to verify. I have found this site very useful in determining if purported threats are real or not. Just type in the info and let it search. If they have a record, it will show you whether or not the threat is real. This one is.
    Last edited by huntdux; -04-10-2002 at 05:02 AM.
    If it flies, it DIES!!!!

The Limey is offline Registered User
    Subject: VIRUS WARNING

This virus warning is genuine.

There is a new virus going around, called "work." If you receive any sort of "work" at all, whether via email, internet or simply handed to you by a colleague...DO NOT OPEN IT.
    This has been circulating around our building for months and those who have been tempted to open "work" or even look at
    work" have found that their social life is deleted and their brain ceases to function properly. If you do encounter "work" via email or are faced with any "work" at all, then purge the virus by sending an email to your boss with the words "I've had enough of this crap... I'm off down the pub".

The "work" should automatically be forgotten by your brain.

If you receive "work" in paper-document form, simply lift the
    document and drag the "work" to your garbage can. Put on your
    hat and coat and skip to the nearest bar with two friends and order three pints of beer. After repeating this action 14 times, you will find that "work" will no longer be of any relevance to you and that "Scooby Doo" was the greatest cartoon ever.

Send this message to everyone in your address book.
    If you do NOT have anyone in your address book, then I'm afraid the "work" virus has already corrupted your life.

28rulz is offline Registered User
    Good one Limey...
    "I'm over it. I know that we have a great group of guys, a really good core, and we'll be right back at it next year," -- RB Marshall Faulk