Thread: Eragon

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Eragon

Just got back from seeing this movie, and let me say the critics are being way too hard on it. It was a very good flick. My 8 year old daughter loved it. Says it was the best movie since Spiderman. As an adult, I believe it was very tastefully done and had some good special effects. Although the storyline was very predictable, it offered a fun film for the family to see. The characters were your typical fantasy role players but gave the crowd a good emotional attachment.

I personally think this trilogy was very well written and would recommend it to anyone that was looking to get away from "real life" for a couple of hours. I am excited to see the next book.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Eragon

Wraith, I heard the kid on the radio the other day and thought he said he was working on the third book yet.. so it is already a trilogoy with only 2 out or is said to bea trilogy because there are to be 3?

The author said he wrote Eragon @ age 15 as a "practie book" before he attempted a real book...lol He had to self publish and self-promote it until a daughter of someone who worked publishing company told her dad how much she liked the book and told her dad he ought look at it...

RnD
    GO RAMS!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Eragon

The plan is for the book to be a trilogy. The second book is called Eldest, and the third book not written. You can very much tell in the story line that a kid with young experience wrote what was exciting fantasy at the time; almost a Star Wars meets Dragon Slayer theme. The story is very much a Star Wars spin-off. Still a pretty big accomplishment for a 15 year old. I believe he 23 or 24 now.