HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Ever see something you can't explain?

First off, this thread idea is NOT original to me. It was started over at seahawks.net and generated a lot of interesting stories, so I thought I would bring it here.

Have you ever seen anything that you can't explain...ghost, UFO, bigfoot, Loch Ness monster...anything that there doesn't appear to be a reasonable answer for?

Personally, I am a total skeptic. The only one that I could give any credence to would be Bigfoot. It doesn't seem beyond the scope of reality for a new (which is to say uncatalogued) species of mammal to be tucked away in the backwoods somewhere, but I'll need some more proof (on top of the Patterson video) to believe. However, I have never seen, heard or experienced anything that I couldn't explain, but that's just me.

How about you guys?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Ever see something you can't explain?

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    First off, this thread idea is NOT original to me. It was started over at seahawks.net and generated a lot of interesting stories, so I thought I would bring it here.

Have you ever seen anything that you can't explain...ghost, UFO, bigfoot, Loch Ness monster...anything that there doesn't appear to be a reasonable answer for?

Personally, I am a total skeptic. The only one that I could give any credence to would be Bigfoot. It doesn't seem beyond the scope of reality for a new (which is to say uncatalogued) species of mammal to be tucked away in the backwoods somewhere, but I'll need some more proof (on top of the Patterson video) to believe. However, I have never seen, heard or experienced anything that I couldn't explain, but that's just me.

How about you guys?
    I'm in the same boat with you HU.If I cant explain it ,its because I lack in the subject vocabulary.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I did see something once, no one can explain....KC Royals fans...

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Yeah, my 10-year-old was OUTSIDE, PLAYING........WITHOUT a video game controller in his hand. Blew me away, man.

O.K.......Maybe I'm exaggerating just a bit. He is a Vid junkie, though.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

gap Guest

I know someone (most?) are thinking it, but afraid to say it. Except maybe RAMTime, and I get to beat him to it.

The sudden rise of the Patiots to NFL elitism.

gap

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Gap-

Betcha' RamTime can explain it.

I like your smiley better :up:
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

JackieSlater is offline Registered User

Ever see something you can't explain? [I]

Yup!,

San Francisco ***** Franchise, and fans lifting the Vince Lombardi Trophy many times!!

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

That's because they had Bill Walsh.

I have only seen one thing I can't explain. I believe I talked about it on .NET.

HUbison...Do you believe in aliens? I'm not talking about UFOs, because that's actually a whole different topic (aliens on earth). Do you believe that somewhere in the God knows how many galaxies out there, that there could be other life? Because that's kind of along the same lines as your Bigfoot comment...just on a much wider scale.
    Last edited by BBlades89; -07-13-2005 at 08:38 PM.

Nice Jacket

talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User

Yes i have!.................Going for 3 instead of the win!.......lol

Well, now we're 10 posts into this thread and none of the Ram fans have seen anything out of the ordinary....I guess we're just not as in touch with the "other side" as the guys over at seahawk site. It really has some pretty neat stories in it...hopefully we can find some around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BBlades89
    That's because they had Bill Walsh.

I have only seen one thing I can't explain. I believe I talked about it on .NET.

HUbison...Do you believe in aliens? I'm not talking about UFOs, because that's actually a whole different topic (aliens on earth). Do you believe that somewhere in the God knows how many galaxies out there, that there could be other life? Because that's kind of along the same lines as your Bigfoot comment...just on a much wider scale.
    Blades, I'm going to answer your question in a way that will probably be offensive to some, and for that I apologize, but it's the only perspective I know for certain. I think when God created the universe He established mankind as his ultimate creation. He placed all other creatures beneath us...that includes not just the Earth but all Creation. Therefore, if life exists elsewhere, I don't believe it would be a higher intelligence organism capable of finding humanity. Humans would have to find it. And if extraterrestrial life exists, it would be for the purpose of being studied by man, no different than the other lifeforms on Earth.

I apologize if my opinion offends anyone or the religious eyes through which I present it, but of all God's creations, I see only God himself in his ultimate perfection as higher than humanity.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is online now Registered User

The first time i saw a movie (in college) with john c. holmes in a fully erect posture, i saw something i certainly could not explain.

johnny wad rules!

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Well, now we're 10 posts into this thread and none of the Ram fans have seen anything out of the ordinary....I guess we're just not as in touch with the "other side" as the guys over at seahawk site. It really has some pretty neat stories in it...hopefully we can find some around here.

Blades, I'm going to answer your question in a way that will probably be offensive to some, and for that I apologize, but it's the only perspective I know for certain. I think when God created the universe He established mankind as his ultimate creation. He placed all other creatures beneath us...that includes not just the Earth but all Creation. Therefore, if life exists elsewhere, I don't believe it would be a higher intelligence organism capable of finding humanity. Humans would have to find it. And if extraterrestrial life exists, it would be for the purpose of being studied by man, no different than the other lifeforms on Earth.

I apologize if my opinion offends anyone or the religious eyes through which I present it, but of all God's creations, I see only God himself in his ultimate perfection as higher than humanity.
    Agreed.If there is intelligent life out there,I have to see them land get out and adress me.Then I'll ask them if they worship god.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

BBlades89 is offline Registered User

I didn't take offense to it. I understand your point of view. That's why I made sure to ask if you believe in alien lifeform, not UFOs/Aliens on Earth.

Nice Jacket

For those who keep reminding me that I stole this thread, let me refresh my first sentence from the original post...
    Quote Originally Posted by me
    I openly admit this thread was not my idea. Come on people, is there really a need to jump on me about stealing a thread idea when the first thing I do is GIVE CREDIT to the originator?