MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Favorite Salmon Recipies ??

Alright all you "grillers" out there .. how about sharing a salmon recipe or two? I'll start with one that got my wife into eating salmon as she much prefers fresh ocean fish to salmon, now however she is hooked .. The following recipe works well with any salmon, my personal favorite is King salmon.

“SALMON NEW ORLEANS”
    Ingredients for marinade:
    1) Fill 2/3 of a cup with good bourbon whiskey
    2) 3 quarters of a cup of dark brown sugar; lightly packed down.
    3) 4 tblsp soy sauce
    4) 2 teaspoons ground ginger (fresh grated or minced in a jar from the store)
    5) 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    6) 2 to 4 - 1/½ to 2” thick salmon fillets

Preparation: (Wild King salmon is best, but any will do ..)
    1) Whisk above ingredients (1 thru 5) together thoroughly.

2) Place salmon fillets in a shallow container (Tupperware works well for this) and pour marinade over fillets. The marinade should come close to covering the salmon; cover the container and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour- swish it around now and then; overnight is ok too if you wish.

3) Drain the salmon reserving the marinade. Grill salmon over a wood fire if possible, cooking approximately 2 to 4 minutes per side or less depending on thickness of the fillets and the heat of your grill. (I cook over a kiawe wood fire which is really hot -- kiawe is pronounced: kee-ah-vay).You can use a gas grill if you must, but crank that sucker up!! Use the reserved marinade to baste the salmon often as it cooks. Don’t overcook !!

We enjoy grilling vegetables: skewered sliced onions, zucchini (sliced lengthwise about a ¼” thick), bell peppers, asparagus .. etc.) brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper as an accompaniment to the grilled salmon. Thickly sliced tomatoes topped with a liberal drizzle of balsamic vinegar prior to brushing with olive oil grill nicely as well. Usually we grill the veggies last, as they cook quicker than the salmon - we like em’ still crunchy .. except for the tomatoes of course !!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Favorite Salmon Recipies ??

Any recipe that leaves it off my plate.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Favorite Salmon Recipies ??

I used to not like fish of any kind, and still dont like real strong tasting fish. I can eat fish that has a very mild taste, cause then it just tastes like whatever you seasoned/marinaded it with. Salmon or red snapper I can handle. I gotta say Maui that recipe sounds dang good...made me hungry just reading the recipe.