throwback week

Thread: "Feel Good" TV

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

"Feel Good" TV

With all the crappola on TV these days - from "reality" TV that is anything but real, to murder-fest cop shows, to inane sitcoms - I find myself looking elsewhere for worthwhile viewing.

I found two shows on cable that actually expand, rather than kill, brain cells, and are still entertaining.

The first is "John Ratzenberger's Made in America" on the Travel Channel. Ratzenberger, best known as "Cliff Clavin" on "Cheers," travels the U.S. and presents companies that still manufacture American products with pride and tradition. From Welch's Concord Grape Juice to granite stone in Vermont to Black Hawk Helicopters, hands-on American craftsmanship is showcased. Ratzenberger is the perfect narrator/host.

The second is "Unwrapped" on the Food Network. On this show, you get to see how many of your favorite foods - from Twinkies to Tootsie Pops to Cheetos - are mass produced with recipes that have been around for decades. Like Ratzenberger's show, the cameras reveal people who still take pride in rolling up their sleeves and making something.

Check these shows out.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: "Feel Good" TV

And don't forget to tune into [adult swim] at 11PM EDT.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Good call. Futurama and The Family Guy! Two of my favorites.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Speaking of reality tv shows... I checked out a new series called "You've got a Friend" on MTV. It's put out by Ashton Kutcher, the guy who does Punk'd.

It's based on paying someone $15,000 to fool their friends and family into believing they have a new friend and the friend turns out to be a real loser who then creates problems for all involved. I watched one of the shows on sunday and it was tasteless and lame and sad for the participants. It frightens me what people will do for money.

I was starting to take a liking to Ashton based upon the movies he has been in recently (Just married and The Butterfly Effect), but after watching this show I am left wondering what he has to offer. I liked MTV a long time ago too, but now it doesn't do anything for me. :bored:

There really is not much on tv worth watching IMO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]