RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Finally got the 'net working again.

After weeks of dropped connections almost every time I tried to post anything, AT&T finally sent out a tech who agreed that I was right: there was a problem with thier wiring down the line. Of course, they said it was my computer (funny, Sami's computer did the same thing), my modem, my router, then the filters, then the internal wiring. Finally, they figured out that it was THIER equipment that was messed up.

Now, maybe if the weather doesn't turn really bad, I can actually start posting again. Man, have I missed this place...it's different when you can only read the posts.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Finally got the 'net working again.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    After weeks of dropped connections almost every time I tried to post anything, AT&T finally sent out a tech who agreed that I was right: there was a problem with thier wiring down the line. Of course, they said it was my computer (funny, Sami's computer did the same thing), my modem, my router, then the filters, then the internal wiring. Finally, they figured out that it was THIER equipment that was messed up.

Now, maybe if the weather doesn't turn really bad, I can actually start posting again. Man, have I missed this place...it's different when you can only read the posts.
    I've had the same thing happen to me Sam and the one thing I've learned from working in the Telecommunications field is that Local Service Providers NEVER want to admit the problem is theirs. In fact, no Telecom service provider ever wants to admit fault. Finger pointing is always their first line of defense.

Glad to see you back up.