Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Firearms Enthusiasts!

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    Your wife is a very fortunate woman. What says Happy Birthday better than a handgun?

Seriously, that is a great idea to have a firearm when in the woods. Remember, up where you live, sasquatch is still roaming around. You need a firearm for protection as sasquatch's myspace profile lists revenge as one of his hobbies.

Here in OK, you have do undergo a background check, have 8 hours of training, and pay whatever the fee is these days for a CCP. What are the requirements in WA?
    Well its been a while since I applied, but, I think its like about $165.00, your finger prints and a 30 day background check...no training required.

You know, some of my buddies questioned whether or not she would appeciate it or not...as did I. But, she literally cried in approval with hugs. You see, our dog, who probably stands 3 feet at the top of his head, a beautiful alaskan husky malimute, instead of attacking any threat that might appear, would probably be the first one running in the other direction with his tail between his legs!

Also, this way she doesn't have to ask me to take the beretta with her. I told her this was her gun to put where she wanted and take with her as she pleased (i.e, up to her parents cabin whether I go or not). The beretta and the .38 revolver lay under our bed on each side every night...just in case.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

One thing that is highly important regarding firearms is safety. The number one rule is "Always keep the muzzle (end of the barrel) pointed in a safe direction". (edited)****NO POLITICAL COMMENTS**** :-)

Another important point is to train children regarding firearms safety. They should be taught to leave the area and tell an adult if a firearm is found, or another child has one in their possession.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -04-23-2007 at 07:59 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raze is offline Registered User

I only have a poxy Air Rifle

but Its good fun to aimply aim at tin cans

Im joining the RAF soon so ill get my hands on an SA80

niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee (im not a psycho promise)

my perspective.

I am very nervous around guns and am uncomfortable with them in the hands of the general public

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The only gun I have is the one I shoot the "breeze" with. Kept it clean.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    my perspective.

I am very nervous around guns and am uncomfortable with them in the hands of the general public
    Dez, I think firearms are like electricity. You have to respect them and use your head. However, I respect your feelings about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12