general counsel is offline Registered User

food trivia-pastrami sandwiches

For all of you lovers of deli sandwiches out there, especially new york style. Katz Deli, one of the most famous and oldest new york delis, is known world wide for its corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Each sandwich is about 1 pound of meat. Katz's deli is also known for the infamous scene in when harry met sally where meg ryan simulates an orgasm in public, which occurs in the deli.

1) How many pastrami sandwiches does Katz's sell a day
    2) Do they sell more corned beef or pastrami and by what margain

While i eat red meat only once or twice a year, at least once every 18 months i consume the triple meat platter at katz's, which is about 3 pounds of meat. I get corned beef, tongue and pastrami, with plenty of sour pickles on the side and usually at least one hot dog with plenty of saurkraut. Given how little meat i eat and what a shock to the system this treat is, I have about 14 minutes from the time i stop eating until the time I explode internally, and thus, i must take a fast cab ride back to my hotel rather than walk, since five years ago i tried to walk it off and had a very unpleasant deposit in my pants by the time i returned to the hotel.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: food trivia-pastrami sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    For all of you lovers of deli sandwiches out there, especially new york style. Katz Deli, one of the most famous and oldest new york delis, is known world wide for its corned beef and pastrami sandwiches. Each sandwich is about 1 pound of meat. Katz's deli is also known for the infamous scene in when harry met sally where meg ryan simulates an orgasm in public, which occurs in the deli.

1) How many pastrami sandwiches does Katz's sell a day
    2) Do they sell more corned beef or pastrami and by what margain

While i eat red meat only once or twice a year, at least once every 18 months i consume the triple meat platter at katz's, which is about 3 pounds of meat. I get corned beef, tongue and pastrami, with plenty of sour pickles on the side and usually at least one hot dog with plenty of saurkraut. Given how little meat i eat and what a shock to the system this treat is, I have about 14 minutes from the time i stop eating until the time I explode internally, and thus, i must take a fast cab ride back to my hotel rather than walk, since five years ago i tried to walk it off and had a very unpleasant deposit in my pants by the time i returned to the hotel.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Depends is an option! Save the cab fare.

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Re: food trivia-pastrami sandwiches

1 pound of meat on a sandwich? That's huge. I like corned beef more and I would think it could go on more sandwichs then pastrami so I'll go with corned beef by a 5-1 margin.