Thread: Friday the 13th

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Friday the 13th

Most people have some fear of Friday the 13th. Me, I don't get bothered by it, it's just another day....but this year it was in most ways a better than average day.
    I participated in our local "Relay for Life". Seeing over 500 cancer survivors of all ages walking around the track made it worth being in the pouring rain for hours. 4000+ showed up, even with the lousy weather. Over $700,000 was raised this year. Doctor's Hospital (my employer) raised over $10,000 and this was our first year of participation in the Relay. Somehow, I collected over $310 on Friday morning alone....people were so generous.
    Even the bad weather wasn't too bad. The severe storms we were expected to get did not arrive. That means the shows I had set to record didn't get interrupted by the rain scrambling the sattleite signals.
    Tawn (Mom) called me at 11:00 and said that she was bartending at the hotel that night and had made over $200 in tips alone. (I donated more money to the realy after I heard that...)
    Lastly, I recieved a phone call. The hospital was raffling off a 51" TV and DVD/VCR player (not brand new, but who cares?). The raffle brought in about $900, and guess whose name was drawn? Yup! (Saves me the chewing out I was going to get when I bought one this season...)
    I figured out that this Friday the 13th wasn't an unlucky day after all...as long as those pictures of me in the "Queen of the Relay" contest never make it to the internet... :redface:
    How lucky was your Friday the 13th?

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Friday the 13th

Wow.....good deal on the tv. Also, that's cool that they had a fund raiser for an excellent cause on Friday the 13th.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

For me, Friday the 13th came and went like any other day, which is unusual, because I usually make it a point to watch some scary movies. Completely forgot about it this year.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

We had our first soccer game on friday the 13th. I am considering it a good day because no one got injured and I didn't tear up my feet like I usually do for the first game. We lost though 1-6. The other team had a lot of mexican guys on their team and they were really good. We got out played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]