throwback week

Thread: Garcon?

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Garcon?

Okay,

First holiday for over a year. Have to get up early, fly to Bangkok and then change for Phuket. It's going to be a hot and humid journey to the airport and with a change about 6 hours from door to door.

So, my question is,

Once the bags are in the room, what should the first drink at the bar be?

I'll let you know what it was in 10 days, but if anyone posts something really different I'll give it a shout.

In the meantime,

Safe paths all,

J

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Garcon?

wow...good call.

I used to bartend in college and I often thought some of the most simple drinks were the best.

A good sipper
    Jack Daniels/Coke with a touch of Lime (my fav.)

Good dinner drink
    Whiskey Old Fashion with olives.--double shot of Jack(or any dark liquor)/sugar/bitters/coke with a couple of green olives

Good summer/girl drink
    Orange Julius--Vanilla Schnapps/Orange juice/top off with cream

Social drink
    Chocolate cow--Baileys/soda/cream

Sunday Drink
    A GOOD BLOODY MARY! I make the best!!
    10 shakes of celery salt/2 shakes white pepper/hint lime/lemon juice/jigger of warchiere (sp?) sauce/2 drops of Tabasco/shot of shakers vodka/hint of pickle juice/clamato juice with a side of jerky and a pickle.

Nothing beats an ice cold frosty mug of beer on a hot day.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -07-02-2006 at 10:19 AM.

bigredman Guest

Regardless of the weather, you want to get numb after traveling. Several double dirty martini's should do the trick. Grey Goose with a drop of vermouth, shaken and poured with green olive juice. It will float like a cloud down your throat. The cramped muscles go away, the headache goes away, and the foul mood goes away. You'll be able to start conversations consisting of the contents of the peanut bowl and its social significance to East/West relations! This will also accommodate the rep I sent you.
    :drunk:
    Last edited by bigredman; -07-02-2006 at 04:16 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I like to drink the local brew, especially if it's hot and humid.
    When I was in Bangkok, Phuket and Kho Phi Phi, Singha always hit the spot.

Truth is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: Garcon?

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Regardless of the weather, you want to get numb after traveling. Several double dirty martini's should do the trick. Grey Goose with a drop of vermouth, shaken and poured with green olive juice. It will float like a cloud down your throat. The cramped muscles go away, the headache goes away, and the foul mood goes away. You'll be able to start conversations consisting of the contents of the peanut bowl and its social significance to East/West relations! This will also accommodate the rep I sent you.
    :drunk:
    I love a good Dirty Martini. If you make it to the Bash, the 1st one's on me.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Just stopped laughing at a comment the BigRedman made on my User CP (Thanks for the love.......). Incidentally, it was a Singha.

I have to say though, that I required something a little stronger after viewing a rather burlesque exhibition in Patong whilst quietly minding my own business in a local hostelry.

The show was given by a collection of those of the "3rd gender" a.k.a "LadyBoys" and was given in public.

If I'd had a camera BigRed, I'd challenge you to spot the difference, or anyone else for that matter, because my wife and her friends couldn't.

16'000 Baht to have your "Equipment" removed by all accounts and we were very obligingly shown proof of the efficacy of the procedure.

Some were more 'Queen' Victoria than Victoria's secret but you get the idea.

Shocking.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've been to Phuket myself and you are right Pang, it is very difficult to tell the difference. That's why as a good Navy boy should, I picked up an Austrailian tourist. She loved a southern accent.