Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Get to know the Clansmen/women

Every off-season (except lest season) I ask all the members to write a little blurb about themselves so we can all learn a little more about the people behind the posts.

So, this season is no different. Please take a few moments and introduce yourselves. Tell us all a little about you as a person. You may want to include age, occupation(s), sex, family, a funny story, location, how you found us, why you are a Rams fan, interests besides the Rams or just a plain ol' "hi" nice to meet you.

This thread should help all you lurkers out there to become part of the group. This is a nice way to break into the group in a very relaxed thread. DON'T BE SHY, we wont bite (well maybe Sam).

PLEASE EVERYONE, tell us about YOU!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Get to know the Clansman

Seeing how I made this stupid thread I better go first.

My name is Jason and I am a Ramaholic.

I live just south of the Twin Cities, in Viking country. I grew up a in the great state of Wisconsin. It was there that the great people of tthe state taught me how to be a football fan. As a rebel without a cause, I decided to cheer for someone other than the Green and Gold. So I of course picked the team with the coolest uniforms...the Chargers. But as history wrote it self and even though the Chargers had a better team at the time, the Rams ended up in the Super Bowl. And me being an easily persuaded youth I soon realized the Rams had the better duds and I was hooked for life.

I am retired educator, now a Commercial Auto Parts Manager for a large chain. I am married and have a daughter (Kennedy), who I am raising to also bleed blue and gold. I have been with the Clan since day one. I believe I was the third person to register with the site. Football is probally my biggest interest, but I also like hunting, fishing, cars, golf, reading and my family.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Get to know the Clansmen/women

Im Alan, Im 13, Im gonna go to the 8th grade when school starts, Im a male, I have a mom, and a dad, Im in Georgia, I start at LB/TE. Ive been playing football for 5 years. A funny story that has happened to me was when I was playing football on offence my team was away and we were wearing white/green jerseys and the other team was wear black/green jerseys and i forgot that we were away so when the ball was snapped i saw my team's HB passed me (i was playing TE) and he was running and he was about to get TD, But then scine i 4got we were away so i chased him and i tackled him and the coach got so pissed off. and i ......... celebrated after that tackled. so after the game, i had to run 10 laps around the football field. LOL

Its on video too

oh yea i became a rams fan when Torry Holt got drafted from NC state... Cause me and my dad are huge NC state fans and then i started watching him play on the Rams and then i became a fan. I forgot how i found about this siite.
    Last edited by RamsFan4ever; -07-11-2006 at 06:23 PM.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

My name is Les, but I go by Sam. Even my own mother never called me by my real name....unless I was in trouble. I became a Rams fan all because of a kitchen appliance, a portable dishwasher named Tawn. Well, here's the story. Tawn, a.k.a. Mom, has been a Rams fan since she was a little girl in elementary school, and I was 24. But...we weren't dating yet. We wouldn't even meet until almost 14 years later.
    Me, well, I really didn't follow football much. When I was a kid, I'd watch the Cards, just because they had the same name as my favorite baseball team. My mother would find a way to change the channel before the game was on for long.
    Well, time went on. Cell phones were invented. Guns 'N' Roses recorded several albums. I met and married ex-wife number three. She was a Cowboys fan. I never liked the Cowboys. I did, however, watch a game where one team played intelligently. I think it was about '93 or '94. I liked the way they played, but the Packers weren't shown much in this part of the country.

Then I met Tawn. One day, while she was at work, she asked me to watch a pre-season game. I agreed. I fell in love with the way these guys played. Then Green got hurt. Too late, I was hooked. I have watched every game broadcast locally since then. They made Green Bay look like amateurs.

OK, now you know how I became a Rams fan, let me tell you about ME!

I'm 43, drop-dead handsome, and I've been here as either a lurker or member since 2001. I'm the Lead Engineer at a small, but growing hospital. I've got 3 kids. My hobbies are music (I play a mean CD player!), sci-fi, fishing when I can, and griping about all kinds of things.

Jason - I'd bite if I had more Poly-Grip. BTW, if the chain you work for is Bumper-to-Bumper, you probably know my brother. He's a manager for PWI.
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -07-11-2006 at 09:02 PM.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Every off-season (except lest season) I ask all the members to write a little blurb about themselves so we can all learn a little more about the people behind the posts.

So, this season is no different. Please take a few moments and introduce yourselves. Tell us all a little about you as a person. You may want to include age, occupation(s), sex, family, a funny story, location, how you found us, why you aren't a Rams fan, interests besides the Rams or just a plain ol' "hi" nice to meet you.

This thread should help all you lurkers out there to become part of the group. This is a nice way to break into the group in a very relaxed thread. DON'T BE SHY, we wont bite (well maybe Sam).

PLEASE EVERYONE, tell us about YOU!!
    I guess I will participate in this thread. Im not going to start off by saying "Hi, im...... " Sounds like participation at an Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting.

I'm 37, mother of 3, grandma of 2 and wife of another big kid (AlphaRam). In my spare time I bounce from Message board to Message board mingling with other football fans, although I am a Philadelphia Eagles fan through and through. I enjoy spending time with my family, watching football, going to Arena Football games, dancing, walking, and watching the sunset.

Sex : Yes I enjoy sex, although it is not my occupation. I work in real estate as an administrative assistant. I found you because Alpharam couldnt access the site and I wanted him to get the hell off of the Eagles Message Board. The man has more posts over there than I do. He simply drives us insane. Im not a Rams fan, nor will I ever be. I bleed Eagles Green and nothing or nobody can change that. Pretty much, I tell things the way I see it and dont sugar coat it. I've been told that I have a way with words on several occassions. I've been known to corrupt message boards with my "dirty" mind and for this I am NOT sorry. I am who I am and that is all that I am.. Nice to meet you All.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, to start things off I'm a transplant Texan but I do believe I'll file for citizenship in this state.

Ok, I'm Philip...42, single but in a great relationship with a wonderful woman who has just as much spunk and vinegar as myself. Been with the Clan since 2001 when this site maybe had 50 people tops. Got into an argument with Dez that lasted about two weeks and then he asked me to be a moderator after we came to an understanding and the relationship has been one that I truly am grateful for. I'm originally from Poplar Bluff, MO and lived in STL when the Rams moved but that wasn't when I became a fan.

My dad was a die hard Big Dead fan but I just couldn't climb onboard with him and that team. Outside of Terry Metcalf, Jim Hart, Pat Tilley, Mel Gray, and a few others they just didn't appeal to me. However, I found the Rams in 78 and latched on for dear life.

I graduated from Memphis State University with an accounting degree in the Spring of 1994. Had a class with Isaac Bruce at MSU. Wouldn't say I'm a friend but merely a college acquaintance as I did talk to him a few times. Really nice guy.

Been through so many transitions of ClanRam that it's hard to keep up. If my post total would have carried over from site to site, I'd probably have about 20,000 or more on the scoreboard so that's why I quit counting. lol

Jason, Dez and I have been through a bunch of stuff on this site and it just keeps getting better as we grow and improve. I really enjoy working with the moderator staff we have now. Everyone brings something unique and fun to the table. Thanks for being a part of the Clan.

Philip...a.k.a. tx
    Last edited by txramsfan; -07-12-2006 at 11:46 AM.

Rip32 is offline Registered User

Im Alan I am 21 and I am from Ireland,I was born In Dublin but am now living in Limerick which is in the south of Ireland.I am at college studying Forensic Science and I am doing a course in Journalism during the summer months so Im an active person.

I play all sports but my first love is football(soccer),playing it all my life and will continue to play it.I became a Rams fan when they started showing it over here and I just fell in love with the Rams and the love affair has never ended if anything it has grown stronger with the help of this website and the loyal fans that are involved in this site.Oh and I love my guitar if im ever bored I will pick up my guitar and bang out some tunes,nothing better.

Well thats me....

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Hi! I'm AvengerRam.

You may remember me from such films as There's Something About AvengerRam, AvengerRam II: Attack of the Avengerclones and the upcoming Snakes on an AvengerRam.

I have worn many hats here at ClanRam, having started the Book of SpiralHorns, the Clannie Awards, the Torry Holt Charity Drive, the Media Glower Rankings, the AvengerRamblings cartoon and the annual Mock Gambling Competition (man, I spend waaaaay too much time here).

In real life, I'm an attorney specializing in employment law. I recently moved, with my wife and two children (and many pets) from South Florida to Central Florida (just North of Orlando).

I've been a Ram fan since the mid-late 70s. I'm also an avid birder, a pretty decent cook, and have a pretty good crossover dribble.

Just don't cross me or I'll destroy you.

Just kidding.

Maybe.

BernieM is offline Registered User

I'm BernieM.

I eat because I'm unhappy...

And I'm unhappy, because I eat.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm HUbison. The name comes from my alma mater, Harding University....the mighty Bisons.

I'm married with a couple of wonderful little bisons running around. I've been around for a little over 3 years, and still can't find another site like the Clan. This place is home.

I live in the Ozarks, but grew up in the Bootheel (about 45 minutes south of where tx was raised). For a living, I'm a (take a breath) forensic accountant and criminal investigator for the federal government.....think accountant with a badge. It's fun, but more time in front of a computer than they show in the movies.

To all the new folks, welcome aboard and don't mess with tx after lunch....he gets cranky during nap time.
    Last edited by HUbison; -07-26-2006 at 09:09 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Name: John
    Classification: SWM

I grew up in Arkansas and Oklahoma. I still don't know where I'll settle down as an adult. I graduated from college in '04 and spent a year working as a security guard to save up some money before coming to the UK for grad school. Occasionally I do get that sense of being the country mouse in a big city, considering the population of the city I'm currently living in is greater than both the states I lived in previously combined. Anyway, I also interned at the U.S. Embassy in London for a while during the school year, fulfilling essentially the same duties as a junior foreign service officer three days a week. In the spring, I started the process of applying for a job with the foreign service. The hiring process could take the better part of a year what with clearances and all. That's assuming I even make the cut. In the meantime, I'm going to finish up my masters degree this summer and head to China to teach English. My long-term plans are still pretty much in flux. Maybe I'll become a career diplomat, or maybe I'll try to go for a PhD later when I'm not so burned out on school. Maybe I'll come back to the Midsouth when I'm ready to put down roots. I never really know where I'm going in life, but I'm going to try to have fun with it.

I didn't really start following the Rams until I hit college, but then I wasn't really that into football in general until I started going to the college games. Sometimes I wish I had gotten interested back when I could have played junior high or high school ball.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Name: Jason/Jake/J

Born and raised in Durham, County Durham in the north east of England. Attended the University of Teesside and University College London where I managed to pick up a BA in International relations and an MA in Legal and political theory.

Entertained being a Lawyer for a while until I got distracted by a job that could pay my substantial student debt and I entered the ultimately pointless world of commerce.

Spent 10 years running in the rat race and was suffering in the role of IT project manager for a large UK retail company when my wife suggested one day that we move to Hong Kong with her job.

She didn't have to ask twice.

Spent the last 2 years as a teacher in a Buddhist school on Hong Kong Island, designing course materials for schools and agencies in Hong Kong, working freelance in summer schools and realising this was what I was always meant to do.

Might go back to the UK,emigrate to NZ, emigrate to Australia, maybe Canada, maybe Thailand. Might do a PhD, might do an MA on Buddhism, might do another MA.

Life's all about choices and the fun you have making and creating them.

Hope you're all having as much fun as I am right now.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

Hi, my name is Chris and I'm a Ramaholic......

I've done some moving around since graduating from NMSU. I was born and live my entire childhood life in New Mexico. I had to endure being around Cowboy fans. The Majority of New Mexicans are cow poke fans. Not sure why at a young age I became a Rams fan but I did. During football season I cheered for 2 teams the Rams and whoever played the Cowboys.....

I've moved to Ohio and meet some Browns fans. THose fans deserve a championship some day (hopefully in the near future only after the Rams get 2 or 3 more). I then moved to Florida not much interest in the Pro game in the Orlando area. And now I live in the DC area. Yes, Redskins Nation...... Hard to form an opinion of the fans here.....

I've been postiing on this site for a very long time. I really enjoy interacting with other fans.......

Go Rams

Jonze is offline Registered User

name: Jonas

I'm from a small country in Scandinavia called Denmark (it's the doodle north of Germany ).
    I am a social educator, work in a school for primarily socially disadvantaged kids of all sorts; autistic, ADHD, kids who have been severely mistreated or abused in different ways during their upbringing, children with general learning disabilities - you name'em, we got'em.

I've been a Rams fan since 99, had only seen a few superbowls before that, but the Rams' SB-run taught me the game, made me love it, and that love for football and the Rams just keeps growing year by year.

Allthough I don't post often, I visit frequently - primarily for news, views, history and fact. Love the site man, you're all doing a great job of making this the go-to page for all our Ram stuff!

Jonze

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

SFCRamFan

Name: Rob

Hello, I am Rob and live in the same conservative suburb as Hubison. In addition, I grew up in the same region of SE MO as Hubison & Tx, yet I know neither except as fellow Clan members. I am a Sergeant First Class, active duty member, in the Missouri National Guard. I work in the arena of narco-terrorism. I spent eight years in the regular Army and have been a member of the Guard now for over 15 years. The National Guard is not what everyone thinks of. We have changed drastically over the last 10 years. Truly we are just an extension of the Army. A more appropriate name for us should be the International Guard. I am less than three years from retirement. I do not know what I want to be when I grow up as of yet.

I have been a Rams fan since they moved to Missouri. I lurk more than I post, but I read nearly everything. I enjoy everyone's opinion here, and I love this site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast