Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: Get to know the Clansmen/women

That really hurts, Wraith - consider yourself yelled at.

I'm an Architect here in Vegas, just turned 59 (see Lounge - Happy Birthday to me...), and have followed the RAMS since I was 15.

Grew up in Pasadena, (EVERYONE knows where that is), and went to school in San Luis Obispo, a lovely town between LA and Frisco.

Don't really follow sports at all, except the NFL and a little NASCAR), so I don't even open the sports page between the Superbowl and Pre-season.

Spent two years in the Netherlands from '75-'77, and was in Germany from '84-'88 for the firm I worked for. During that stint, probably spent a aggregate 6 months all over Tuirkey, which I found to be a great country - you Europeans that haven't been thare should give it a shot. I mention this because I spent 6 months in Saudi Arabia, which is like being in a jail the size of Australia - the country flat sucks - period. Whereas Turkey is a whole different experience. Don't know why I went off like that, except mabye to say careful lumping all Mideast countries together.

Have more to say but I gotta run.

To be continued...

Back by popular demand, (or not)..., given the time I was overseas I traveled extensively in Europe, ironically enough missing only Italy and Switzerland. In my opinion, NOTHING is as valuable as travel as it gives one a better understanding of other cultures as well as one's own. (Dude,...this ain't no BLOG...get on with it).

Ladies and Gentlemen of the ...clanus RAMUS, in summation let me just say that while I have been remiss in not posting more, I read most every post, and am grateful for this forum, thankful for Dez and all the moderators, envious of Avengar's wit, and thankful, (after seeing his picture on the header), that I've managed to refrain from referring to HUbison as "Hubie", (not only a scary lookin' dude, but he works for the freakin' FBI!):O

Oh...No kids, love my wife, dogs, Harley, library, Rams, and my darts...in that order.

Cheers - and have a cool weekend.
    Last edited by VegasRam; -07-21-2006 at 05:02 PM.

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Yakira is offline Registered User

Hi everybody. I'm Sam's middle child. My name means most precious beautiful one. My dad chose my name. I'm 13 and I am going into the eighth grade. I enjoy music, reading, playing putt-putt, and really anything with sports (well at least football, thats the only sport that really matters.) I came here because my dad made me but now I love this site. well thats all i have to say!
    Go St. Louis!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yakira
    Hi everybody. I'm Sam's middle child. My name means most precious beautiful one. My dad chose my name. I'm 13 and I am going into the eighth grade. I enjoy music, reading, playing putt-putt, and really anything with sports (well at least football, thats the only sport that really matters.) I came here because my dad made me but now I love this site. well thats all i have to say!
    Thanks for posting Yakira
    You have very cool parents and I am glad to see you post on your own. I like your name. Post, now and again, for us since it is good to hear from the younger crowd.
    Last edited by UtterBlitz; -07-23-2006 at 10:10 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Hi everyone, my name is Jake, I'm 15 years old, I go to Wall Highschool in...Wall Twp lol, New Jersey. My silly story is actually how I became a Rams fan...I was never really into football when I was younger, but I played Madden 98, and I randomly picked the Rams(talk about Wyrd, huh? Wyrd is when everything is connected, and everything happens for a reason, incase no one understood what I meant...). I did good, kicked some butt on the game, and ever since then I always rooted for the Rams, and my obsession with the Rams only got worse when they started getting Godly in 99'. Ever since then, I've been praising them ever since, and I won't stop till the day I die.

I'm also a huge Black Metal fan, a big time horror fan, I'm into all the underground films that make people vomit when they watch them. Weird..I know haha, but yes, I am normal too, I played football freshman year, and was going to start at quarterback, but due to grades, I could not play, and a lot of family issues helped with my departure from my football career. My favorite horror movie is probably "A Tale of Two Sisters", its haunting, beautiful, disturbing, and one of the best stories imo. My favorite band is Burzum, I love them, they're amazing. Burzum is actually where I got the name from "Varg" because the band's one member is Varg Vikernes, it was obviously a solo-band, and it was very popular in Norway, Varg is in jail right now for killing someone who tried to kill him. Anyways, I'm done now, hope you enjoyed the read. ^______^

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

rams70 is offline Registered User

Name is Jim
    Age is 59 (Good grief!!)
    My username tells when I started following the Rams. I was real happy
    when they follered me back to the Midwest.
    I am a retired Data Proceesing supervisor and from the info
    I'm hearing these days, its probably a good field to be ALREADY retired
    from - never thought I'd see the day when DP people are outof work
    for a long time, but the day is here.
    Here's hoping for a excellent 2006 season for da new coach and the Rams!

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Wut up clan? My name is john, I'm 14 years old and attend pompano beach
    high school. I am 5'11 1/2 and play basketball and football. I practice
    basketball with the team, which I am not on yet beacuse no tryouts
    till
    schoolyear, and for the football team I am still debating out of 5
    positions to play, I'm a natural WR but I love playing DE. I also
    play
    DB, LB, and I'm thinking about QB which my dad played, he could throw
    yards with one motion of his arm, which I am beginning to gain his QB
    skills. So I'm still debating, I'm going to be a freshman and I love
    all
    sports. Exept nascar, tennis, and golf. But I am upsessed with the
    rams.
    When I was younger I wasn't into sports. Then I started watching
    football with my dad and liked it, he tried to make me a Jets fan but
    the rams were the team I was hearing about, so I liked them. I have
    stuck with them ever since. My whole family is Jets, Dolphins, And
    Lions
    fans. I am the only ram fan in this family, although my great
    grandfather had a short baseball stint with the cardinals until while
    he was driving to a game he had a flat tire and had to change it and
    got
    hit my a car and ruined his knees. And also my moms cousin also had a
    short stint with the dodgers but died of a heart attack. So I just
    basically told you all my family history lol but whatever! Peace.
    Ramsplaya16
    Built RAM tough

KentuckyHawk is offline Registered User

Okay...My name is Doug. I live in Mt. Washington, KY (just a few miles south of Louisville). I am married to my wife Leslie. We are the proud parents of identical twin girls, Molly and Grace. They are 2 months old. I am a graduate of the University of Louisville. I have a BA in English.

Personally, I am into music. I have been to over 30 Grateful Dead shows. I have been to huge festivals like Bonnaroo and saw the very last Phish show in Coventry, VT.

I am a big reader. I love the works of Charles Bukowski and Jack Kerouac. Currently, I am reading South of the Pumphouse by Primus', Les Claypool. I like to read something with a point or some sort of social commentary. I don't much care for literary junk food.

By the way, did I mention that I am a Seahawks fan? Yep. Go Hawks. I was born a Cleveland Browns fan originally. In Kentucky as a kid, you only got to see 4 teams play on Sunday (Packers, Cowboys, Bengals and Browns..maybe the occassional Steelers game). We watched the Browns. However, when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore, I vowed never to root for them. In the meantime, I was without a NFL team. I had always liked the Seahawks. I really liked their colors and logo, not to mention Steve Largent. And I had followed Shaun Alexander's career since high school (he's a Kentucky boy), so I just kind of latched on to the Seahawks. My girls are Seahawks in training and they will be seated next to their father watching every minute of the NFL Sunday ticket.
    Last edited by KentuckyHawk; -07-25-2006 at 11:27 PM.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Nice to see you step up to the plate bud!! Wish some of our Ram fan members had as big as nads as you!! All class man, good to know there are a couple of Hawk fans out there that their head still fits through door :-)

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyHawk
    Okay...My name is Doug. I live in Mt. Washington, KY (just a few miles south of Louisville). I am married to my wife Leslie. We are the proud parents of identical twin girls, Molly and Grace. They are 2 months old. I am a graduate of the University of Louisville. I have a BA in English.

Personally, I am into music. I have been to over 30 Grateful Dead shows. I have been to huge festivals like Bonnaroo and saw the very last Phish show in Coventry, VT.

I am a big reader. I love the works of Charles Bukowski and Jack Kerouac. Currently, I am reading South of the Pumphouse by Primus', Les Claypool. I like to read something with a point or some sort of social commentary. I don't much care for literary junk food.

By the way, did I mention that I am a Seahawks fan? Yep. Go Hawks. I was born a Cleveland Browns fan originally. I Kentucky as a kid, you only got to see 4 teams play on Sunday (Packers, Cowboys, Bengals and Browns..maybe the occassional Steelers game). We watched the Browns. However, when Art Modell moved the Browns to Baltimore, I vowed never to root for them. In the meantime, I was without a NFL team. I had always liked the Seahawks. I really liked their colors and logo, not to mention Steve Largent. And I had followed Shain Alexander's career since high school (he's a Kentucky boy), so I just kind of latched on to the Seahawks. My girls are Seahawks in training and they will be seated next to their father watching every minute of the NFL Sunday ticket.

RMFN is offline Registered User

I put my $.02 in.

I'm a old geezer that goes by the name of Brian. My original team that I followed was the "Baltimore Colts" Once they left Baltimore I put a curse on the Colts that they never win a Superbowl as long as a Irsay own the team. (work well so far). I got stationed near St Louis in 1978 and started to follow the Cards but really never got into them. Once they left I really didn't follow football much at all. Well the Rams moved to St Louis and I missed the passion of the game and decided to get some PSLs. Have had them since day one and have enjoyed every season with my sons.

The best part is the 5 hour tailgate before the game!!
    Last edited by RMFN; -07-27-2006 at 11:24 PM.

geordie joe is offline Registered User

hello there! my name is joe, i live in north east england (northumberland). i am 40 years old, im married with two grown up children and a fairly new grandson.i live in a modest (brit standards) house with;my wife amanda,bob the boxer dog and my 90 year grandma, who we care for.i have worked for the last 10 years as a,nursing assistant on a secure unit in a large hospital.i first became interested in the n.f.l.and in particular the rams some years ago ,after seeing a film staring warren beaty called.heaven can wait.as coverage became better in england ,it has been a lot easier over the last few years to watch and learn more about the rams,alough ive still not got the hang of the computer yet! i would love to learn more about the rams and u.s. life in general (its like been a pen pal,without it been geeky?).my other great passion is soccer (newcastle united) mabe some of you might like to koow more about them? some day i would love to experience a rams game,you never know.good to meet you geordie joe.
    hello there, my name is joe .i am 40 years old i live in north east england.i am a huge sports fan, i have followed the rams for quite a few years now , although i must admit my passion is soccer (Newcastle united ). i would be interested to talk to other couch potatoe sports fans :ramlogo:

RAMS134 is offline Registered User

My name Allen
    My age 40
    RAMS FAN 33 plus yrs
    When I was 7 yrs old my folks gave me a jersey for my b-day. It is in Oct. Well one Sunday my dad told me to get up and turn channels the 3 channels we got then (me as a remote control). Low and behold was the Rams playing the Vikings and they had the same jersey as mine the one I was wearing that day. I thought that was pretty neat and that day I said if they had the same jersey as me they had to be good. Been a diehard ever since. I also like the Dodgers and the Lakers too. Im married for 13 years this year and we have a 9 yr old girl. My wife likes the Chiefs and Broncos but my daughter stayed with me and likes the Rams. I found this board from another Rams board.

DannyPrez is offline Registered User

Hello im Daniel, 16....from norwich ,Ct ...a little background info on me....I came to the US when I was 7, 98'. My first stay was in Missouri. My aunt took me to check out some major cities, like Jerfferson (City), St. Louis, and Kansas (City). The only city that really caught my attention was St. Louis, the lasrgest metropolitan area, and the gateway arch. I felt welcomed in that area so later in the year myunlce took me to one of their games. I went to the rams and 9ers during the middle of the season. I didnt know much english but I could see many ram fans, so not knowing what was going on started cheering for them since my unlce already was. But I coulda sworn I heard a lot of 9er touchdowns. Well know I live in Conneticut, not much goes here except for the love of football(pats) and baseball(red sox) two teams which i dont like. So here i am, me and my s.jackson, m.faulk, holt, bruce, bulger, and a.williams jersey(I love jerseys)

TNRamFan23 is offline Registered User

I'm Ryan, 23 years old and live in Nashville, TN.

I'm origionally from Florida and became a fan when I was 5 or 6, forget but remember as a kid I fell in love with the horns on the helmet and " flipper " Anderson. I also lived very close to Jack Youngblood and have met Fred Dryer on several occasions.

BTW, RamDez, That was a nice Christmas Card, Thanks !

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Ramsanddodgers here... 50, General Building Contractor

Only team I remember rooting for was the Rams. A 13" black and white was our window to the NFC and AFC games(they didn't have color tv's yet) and my siblings and I were the remote controls (don't spin the dial so fast, you'll strip the gears!).

As part of a school assignment I wrote to the Rams and received an autographed picture of Roman Gabriel! (A champion gives 110% was his statement above the name).

I used to also follow the Patriots (the minuteman hiking the ball log on their helmet was so cool!), the Raiders (Blanda, Biletnikof, Stabler, Matousek, Davidson... then Al Davis ruined them.

I lived all my life in San Luis Obispo county, mostly in Arroyo Grande graduated form the same High School as Jaime Martin albeit about 14 years ahead of him... and have only been to one live professional game although I very much like going to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Mustangs games (the 3 most recent Buchanon Award winners played there .. Div-1AA Defensive player of the year)

Rnd

GO RAMS!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I've got the nads.

My name is Mike.

I was born in Long Beach, California but presently live in Massachusetts. I've been a Rams fan since 1965 and never waivered. I have 4 children, a Falcon Fan, A Patriots/Whiners fan and 2 little girls that are Rams fans as they have no chioce(still live at home). We have 2 Pugs, 1 fawn(Lizzy) and 1 black (Mugsy). Mugsy was almost named RAMsy but I was out voted!!!
    I also have 4 grandchildren that I'm presently brainwashing to route for the Horns but the Dads the Falcons fan. Not working out to good.

2007 is a big year for me personally as I will be hitting the big 5..0...!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast