throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    psycho9985 Guest

Re: Good holiday dish. Take note

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I have a 5' ball python named Monty. He's a pet - not for eating.
    Pythons aren't good eating anyway,they taste like day old Gecko.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Pythons aren't good eating anyway,they taste like day old Gecko.
    I WAS gonna post a pic showing a gecko in the beak of an eagle, but it wouldn't work. Oh well. The caption that was with it was priceless. It said, "Ha! Let's see the little s#@! sell insurance now!"

That would have been cute. :sad:
    Last edited by MOM; -12-02-2005 at 01:05 AM. Reason: Pic wouldn't work. Link dead.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM
    I WAS gonna post a pic showing a gecko in the beak of an eagle, but it wouldn't work. Oh well. The caption that was with it was priceless. It said, "Ha! Let's see the little s#@! sell insurance now!"

That would have been cute. :sad:
    Wish it would have work.Where did you find it?

coy bacon Guest

Back in the hot summer of 31, up in the foot hills of the Nevada desert, me and my posse, were moving up to our claim, and were confronted by a determined and angry 4ft. Red Rock rattlesnake.

Now me and the boys didn't take much from nobody, and this snake was just askin for to be killed. It needed killin, and we were in the obligin mode.

Back in those days, firearms were few and far between for a posse like ours. But being of the species of man, we invented our own sophisticated tools: bare hands, lots of rocks, and a 3ft. spade.

Nary a soldier was over 14. Damndest fight you ever did see. Being the general that I am, I marshalled the troops and positioned them accordingly. Our strategy was innovative and brilliant, (surely the Hero of Alesia would appreciate it), surround the snake while it rattled away in the bush, and bombard it with rocks.

"Make sure you have enough rounds for the fight! On the count of three we all fire!" Women away from the firefight (we had to protect my sister). And, on the count of 3 we let lose a barrage not seen in the history of man since Gold, Juno, Sword, Omaha, and Utah.

But the snake was not to be outdone. He tried a flank attack and slithered up the dry wash's bank. Mark and I held the right flank and it was our job to repulse the thrust. Up we scrambled, slid, then fired, hoping it would turn the devil around. Our counterattack barrage did the trick, and the snake retreated to the comfort of his rock strewn bush.

Down rained more rocks. Ammo grew short; the snake grew desperate: "I must strike those children and scare them away."

Out bolted the snake, again testing our right flank. Mark and I stood grim, Diomedes and Aias against Hector. The snake came ever closer, slithering toward us, mouth gaping with fangs prepared to do their job.

On it came, 5ft, 4ft, 3ft. This didn't look good, but in the heat of battle we were not cowards. Hancock's men knew us well. Our ammo was exhausted but the snake came on. 2 feet of dirt now separated the combatants.

Then it happened.

Our artillery came to bear.

Mark's big brother Marty, dropped a 60lb rock on the snake's back as it closed with us.

The five hombres and the chica, danced the way they did round the fire on the deserted Isle of Flies.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

So...

Finish the story, would you?

Blackened, broiled, fried or baked?

CanadianRam! Guest

mmm chicken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12