throwback week

BarronWade is offline Registered User

GOT MADDEN 2010! 2 days b4 it cam out!

I get it every year cuz my cousin is a gamer (he seriously has no life) so he tests games or somthin like that. So he got the game like on monday and he played it then gave it to me.

Anyway just to get use to the new features i played the 1st pre-season game vs. the Jets. And the Rams D-line gets a ton of penetration! I play as Cliff Ryan and on every play the D-line get alot of penetration and its not from me most of the time. Little had 3 sacks in the 1st game!

Anyway the game is alot more realistic. Normally when passin i just drop back 10-15 yrds so no one can sack me. But in this game you better get the ball out in 3 seconds cuz pressure gets on you.

Running the ball is a whole lot more realistic now. normally i just take the ball and run outside and get yards even if its an inside run. Now you really need to make a quick decision cuz someone gets into the backfield quickly. Like i ran an inside run behind cogs. Before the play i saw they were blitzing but in madden normally always opens a whole where your supposed to go but on this play there was a whole between barron and bell. Trust me you need to know more about football for this madden (or change it to pro or rookie).

Tackling is way more realistic. Last year if i was sort of close i dove and hit the guy in the legs. in this game i did that and i only touched Thomas Jones on his ass. So you need to get close to the guy to tackle. But the tackle animations are the same as last year and dont look anything like the tackles when you watch the game.

Steven Jackson is a beast! i get a nice run with him and a LB (pace) get me from behind them he gets help from another LB and a CB but i still keep moving with jackson. 3 people on me 1 behind 1 on righ1 and 1 on left i move about 5-6 yards before there safety comes and drills me in the front.

The Fumbles Are so bad. I got sacked and Boller dropped it so it was fumbled. I think it was pittman who fell on the ball and got it then this stupid animation came on where everyone was jumping on the ball. I had to press some buttons but i had no idea what was goin on and lost the ball. The jets recovered. So unrealistic whoever falls on it first gets the ball.

Just a reminder Derrek Stanley is garbage. His returner stats overall is 68. and reciving is 55 and he is our 4th option? The guy is useless in Madden. But hopefully useful in real life.

lol i lost my first game 13-27 I gave up a 85 yrd TD run to Jones

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: GOT MADDEN 2010! 2 days b4 it cam out!

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Little had 3 sacks in the 1st game!
    Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    Anyway the game is alot more realistic.
    I'm sure it is realistic in a lot of ways, but it made me laugh that you said that immediately after a sentence about Leonard Little getting three sacks.

I'll definitely be renting this time around. The last few years of this series have been very poor for franchise gamers like me. I've learned my lesson about the pre-order purchase.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

This will be the worst rating the Rams have ever had in recent memory, but I will still get the game, and I'll try to win with the Rams. Do either of you play online?

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I do, I'm having a hard time adjusting to it, but I'm getting there. It doesn't help that we are rated a 66 either...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams