Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Re: Got my report card today

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    I know. But I'm just proud I didn't have any Fs and only one D. I'm proud of my self at that fact. But well others think otherwise:sad:
    Don't listen to them, RF16. There is something Bill Cosby said many years ago that rings true. I'd rather take a hard C (or D or whatever) over an easy A any day.

In other words, as long as your best foot is forward, you can't go wrong. And hey, you PASSED!

If you ever need any help with it, RamsFanSam is a HUGE history buff

[SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: Starting your education all over again ...

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    Doesn't ask me why I bother but here's some free advice - this is what the german exchange students should have brought with them - understand it and all else will fall into place:
    HUH????

< looks in A2's bowl. Looks back at A2 >

I mean HUH??????

< throws decoder ring against the wall >

I ain't even trying that one...

:tongue:
    This space for rent...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Re: Starting your education all over again ...

Quote Originally Posted by TooMuchHoey?
    < throws decoder ring against the wall >
    Look, if it were meant to be easy any decoder ring out any crackerjack box would work.

I'm not inclined to endorse any product, but the official dycryption ring w/ multiple language translations can be found in Marvel Comics' Ghost Rider, Issue #2.

thoey is offline Registered User

After much research, I have realized the error. I had the damn ring on upside down. Wearing it the correct way, I can now translate that to:

* Bananas grow on trees so fish can read books. (Ummm... Huh?)

* Martz is God / the Anti-Christ (Hmm... need a clearer interpretation there)

* Jessica Alba is my future ex-wife. (Hey, I can interpretate it any way I want.)

See, it is much better now. Hey, A2, pass that bowl...
    This space for rent...

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey
    Hey, A2, pass that bowl...
    Humpty Dumpty sat in a hole,
    Humpty Dumpty had a big bowl.

All the King's horses,
    and all the king's men,
    couldn't get Humpty to share with them.

But that's a cracked egg for you. There is, however, some no-toke shiit available. You just leave it in the drawer and get confused just knowing it's there ...

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Humpty Dumpty is clumsy
    RamsFan16

Milan is offline Registered User

My Report Card looks Pretty crappy right about now.

Business - 56%
    Math - 60%
    Gym - 76%
    Geography - 76%

...I live in Canada, not sure about america but

50-53=D-
    54-56=D
    57-59=D+
    And the Rest run like that ...60s are Cs, 70s are Bs ETC. I'm doing pretty crappy anyways.
    I would be doing good in business but, I was away for when we had to hand in a big project and its still on my computer.

But I plan on being a Mechanic or an Engineer of some sort, using my hands and such so I doubt I need any of these subjects but Math...if that even.
    Last edited by Milan; -11-05-2005 at 03:33 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

50-53=D-
    54-56=D
    57-59=D+
    And the Rest run like that ...60s are Cs, 70s are Bs ETC.
    Holy Smokes!!! I wish I'd gone to school in Canada.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

FantasyFutballGuru13 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramshogs
    My daughter would be grounded until the next report if she even got one C.
    sounds like my house, if i get one C im screwed, got one this quarter, but my parents were lenient cause' it's my first quarter of high school.

let me know if you want me to make you a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Holy Smokes!!! I wish I'd gone to school in Canada.
    I agree lol. Here is mine.
    A's: 94-100%
    B's: 85-93%
    C's: 75-84%
    D's: 65-74%
    F's: 64 and below
    RamsFan16

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

History lesson #1

The Rams have a long, proud tradition in the history of American football. While not one of the first teams in the National Football League, the Rams have been leaders in the changes over the years that have resulted in the game we see today. The team was founded during the Great Depression. This was a time that saw several football leagues come and go, and dozens of football teams fold. Presently, there are only eight teams in the NFL that were founded before the Rams (Bears, Cardinals, Packers, Giants, Lions, Redskins, Eagles and Steelers) that have survived through the years to be part of the NFL today.

In 1936, the Cleveland Rams were founded by Homer Marshman, an attorney in Cleveland. The team played in the second version of the American Football League and went 5-2-2 as a member team. The Rams were scheduled to face the Boston Shamrocks in the championship game, but the event was called off as the AFL folded.

On February 12, 1937, the NFL placed the Cleveland Rams into the NFL Western Division to replace the defunct St. Louis Gunners. The first season did not fare well for the Rams as they finished with a 1-10-0 record. The team played in two stadiums during the inaugural year, League Park and Municipal Stadium. The Rams shared Municipal Stadium with the Cleveland Indians.

Rookie Parker Hall became the first Ram to be named the Most Valuable Player in the NFL in 1939. Hall was the halfback for the team during the time that halfback was the primary running position in offensive schemes for the era.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

History Lesson #2

Dan Reeves and Fred Levy purchased the Rams in 1941. The co-owners requested a suspension of operations for the Rams 1943 season as both went into military service. The NFL agreed and the Rams did not field a team for the 1943 season as there was also a shortage of players due to the war. Many of the Rams players were loaned to other teams in the 1943 season.

Charles “Chili” Walsh became the general manager in 1944 when the Rams resumed football operations. Walsh offered a finders fee of $100 to anyone recommending a player who made the team, thus comprising the team of free agents and castoffs. In the same year, the Cleveland Browns of the All-American Football Conference were formed. The Browns would share Cleveland Municipal Stadium with the Rams during the 1945 season. Eddie Kotal was hired as the Rams college scout, the first in the NFL.
    Walsh hired his brother, Adam, as head coach in 1945. The Rams posted a record of 9-1 for the season. Rookie quarterback Bob Waterfield passed for 1,609 yards and 14 touchdowns. The NFL Championship game was played on Dec. 15, 1945, at Cleveland Municipal Stadium, in the freezing cold. The showdown matched Rams rookie Bob Waterfield against the Redskins veteran quarterback Sammy Baugh for the NFL Championship. Near the beginning of the game, Baugh attempted to pass from the Washington end zone and hit his own goal post, which was covered by Baugh that prevented a Rams touchdown. At that time, the goal post was on the goal line and an incomplete pass from your own end zone resulted in a safety. Baugh was knocked out of the game soon after and Redskin quarterback Frank Filchock stepped in to add two touchdowns. Waterfield threw two touchdowns and kicked an extra point in the Rams 15-14 victory. The Rams defense held the Redskins to 32 yards of rushing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Alpha but were talking about American History not Rams History even though Rams History is more interesting
    RamsFan16

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Milan,
    You want to be an ME, but your math sucks!?! Forgetabout it!

Either buckle down now, and earn A's in math, or become a Sociology teacher.

For me, learning math was like sanding a fine piece of oak. It was hard and tedious, and it was the only way I learned.

If you got math questions, go to Adarian. As far as I can tell, he's tops on this board w/r to math.

Get started now, math waits for no man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123