throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    .ramfan. is offline Registered User

Re: Hammas vs. Fatah

Quote Originally Posted by coy bacon

I will add one important thought....

It is now possible for radical Muslims to obtain nuclear weapons. And if they intend to use them, it may well be that religion could be the cause for the most violent deaths in the world's history.
    I think we can all agree on this one. The ellecting of Hammas scares the heck out of me.

cowboyhater is offline Registered User

"And if they intend to use them, it may well be that religion could be the cause for the most violent deaths in the world's history."

Rather than religion, it would be better to say "Radical Islam", religion is a very broad term. Using the generic religion would be like saying "If the Nazis take over Europe, a political party platform could be the cause for the most violent deaths in the world's history." While technically true, that implies that all political parties are dangerous, when in fact it is the tenets specific to nazism that were responsible for the problem.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

While religious ideals often are not the catalyst for atrocities, they are frequently the justification. Let's face it - its easier to stir the masses by saying "kill all the ___ because God said so" than to say "kill all the ____ because I said so."

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Bush wanted to popularize democracy in the middle east. Well he got what he wanted. Hamas came to power through the ballot box. Time to deal with the irony. Just has he is going to have to deal with Iran's influence over the Shiites down the road. Be careful of what you ask for.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12