general counsel is offline Registered User

Have any of our british friends followed the Jade story?

I read an article in the ny times today about Jade, a quasi celebrity who has apparantly capitivated England with her well televised battle with cancer, among other things.

Has anyone on that side of the pond followed the story at all?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: Have any of our british friends followed the Jade story?

Yes gc I have kept up to date with the Jade Goody story. TBH living anywhere in the UK it would be nearly impossible not to have heard or read about the story. As you can probably imagine it is all over the national media and television.

Jade has made no aplogies for the reason she is doing all the interviews and publicity, simply she wants to make as much money to leave behind for her young son's to have private education and also for young women to be screened earlier for cerviclar cancer.

As you are probably aware she is expected to live for only weeks, and she is due to marry tomorrow. Lets hope she has a great day just like any young girl would dream off.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Thanks for the data Big Game. The article i read said that Jade started out very popular, then fell out of favor after making a publicly racist remark, then became a sympathetic figure when she was diagnosed with cancer.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

She is a celebrity from being in a reality tv show, then made a racist remark on the celebrity edition. TBH its embarassing these days how some people become "famous" it really is. As much as I'm very sorry for what she is going thru she is no way a "celebrity" to me and if she wasn't seen as one we wouldn't be reading about her fight for life she would be merely another statistic. As much as it is very sad she isn't the 1st or will she be the last to go through this unfortunately..

she became a celeb while on big brother. she removed her (all her) clothes on the show.

never liked here but got to give her credit for how she is handling herself now.

As I am someone who has personally been effected by the big C I feel for her and her family at this time.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

same here really...i do believe people should only become famous for being gifted at something...something meaningful,but thats an entirely new threads worth of debate altogether...the racism issue was more the ignorant comment of an un-educated daughter of a crack addict,rather than the more sinister burning crosses and wearing bed sheets on your head variety....
    she had an arguement with a bollywood actress on a "reality" tv show and called her a name that tho commonly used years ago,is not politically correct these days.
    she was demonised for that in the press and now shes terminally ill shes being humanised again.

i do really feel for her..as i myself have been given a pretty short life expectancy(tho admittedly i have a few more years left than her).... and ive been fortunate to have kicked the big C`s ass twice...but i feel for her the same i would for anyone in her position,to me all people are equal,some people seem to care more about her tho cause they feel like they "know" her from watching her on T.V and reading about her in the press.

anyway..all things said,she`s doing right by her kids and bringing more awareness about cancer so thats a good thing to be had out of a very bad situation.
    maybe people will wake up now and understand that cancer effects everyone,not just tobacco smokers as they seem to like to portray.
    i know 12 people (relatives,friends & myself) who have had Cancer and only one of those people actually smoke/d... i smoke myself but my Cancer was not the smoking related variety.