Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Help on the way from the Clan!! (Hurricane Katrina)

AMERICA NEEDS YOUR HELP

I would like to organize a rally to help our fellow Clan and fellow football fans in New Orleans and surrounding communities. I will be taking a collection from all our members. If you are interested, I will be making a collection and sending it on to the American Red Cross on behalf of the members of the Clanram. I hope you all participate in this good cause. Even a few dollars would help.

I will be taking a collection until the Football opener (September 11th). I will then mail it out on behalf of the Clan on September 15th to the Red Cross.

For all you that are interested:
    Make Checks out to American Red Cross
    In the Memo line put: Hurricane 2005 relief

E-mail me privately at ramwraith@charter.net and I will send you my mailing address.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-31-2005 at 07:30 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Help on the way from the Clan!! (Hurricane Katrina)

Thanks, Wraith. Great gesture for the neighbors / friends of N.O.

:tut ...The damage there is overwhelming. And it is true: every dollar helps.

Thanks RealRam

I just watched the special on CBS and I am devastated by the amount of destruction and suffering that has/is happening down there. I really hope we as a country can pull together and help these people. It is going to be a long road ahead for them and many cites/towns with lots of great history.

Ditto here, RW.

The U.S.A. is always so willing and so prompt to help so many other nations in their moments of crisis and tragedy -- throughout the decades!

With modern transportation, communication and the experience of many a disaster zone, New Orleans should be expecting relief by the tons by the day for several weeks, months. High-Tech will be of good use too.

It's great that ClanRam is a part of such an effort! :up:

PS: I'll be getting in touch with you tomorrow or Friday, at the latest.
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-01-2005 at 12:56 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I already sent a donation to the Red Cross by credit card since I fear that timing is critical to this matter. I can't imagine, or perhaps I don't want to imagine, how dehydration, lack of food and drinkable water, the spread of disease, and sun exposure will impact the survivors. Not to mention the poisonous snakes and fire ants that they talked about.

I hope our government has sent every available boat, plane and helicopter to the area immediately. Time is of the essence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Thank you RW for starting this. I just sent you an e-mail so I can get your mailing address. I want to help all I can and I'm proud to be part of the ClanRam representation to help people just like us. God Bless all of them, please give them the strength and faith during this devastating time.

DEVASTATION.

Earlier I mentioned "communication" as a modern advantage in the relief efforts towards the N.O. disaster BUT... it is tough to see that most of the major systems in that large city are -- or were -- gone! High-tech brought totally down to earth!

The extent of the damage is unprecedented. Essential systems, basic means for life, water, food, sanitation. Forget the cellular phone; some people have just laid down and died on the streets of the Big Easy. Century 21, in the U.S.A.

Eerie images of third world countries in serious distress. :tut

Still, it was so good and encouraging to see teams arriving from various cities around the country to help N.O. get back on its feet and to make it functional again. From engineers to medical & church brigades, vans of volunteers and local citizens of kind heart have been making their way to help the people in dire need.

Also glad that the private sector is contributing: the NFL, the NY Yankees, Hollywood celebrities, Intel, Nike, etc.

Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, When it is in the power of thy hand to do it. --Prov. 3:27
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-04-2005 at 05:43 PM.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

I am an evacuee and I have to say how lucky I am to be in the group of a small percentage people as my home probably suffered minimal damage.

I have to say I felt pretty shallow after complaining about the nine hour drive in parking lot traffic to drive less than 250 miles then witness the fact that no water, etc. was passed out w/o any presence of FEMA or the Red Cross.

Where were they?

Please do not offend me or others as we do not care about the celebs donating. I am greatly humbled and grateful for the real people that donate like my fellow clannies because it is reaL where others want to get the PR.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to be high and dry with power and food, etc. and to watch these poor people suffer from ineptness from every level of leadership. I am ashamed of my country and its leaders as we seem to have responded to the tsunami faster than to our own which repels me.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to listen about the names of business and celebs donating to various charities when no one was receiving at the very least: water. At least the local media could have been providing important info like when we can return to our homes and how everyone from the poor to the well off can make claims to gain a semblance of the life we had before this disaster. The only people who could hear their fluff are ones that are and were out of harms way.

Please write your congress reps and demand an investigation to why organization, support and love arrived so late. Also ask them to pressure Dennise Hastert for an apology or resignation for his comments for bulldozing New Orleans; and lastly and most importantly tell your leaders to support the rebuilding of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast!

Thanks,

FLO
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

I am glad you are alright FLO. I knew we had someone from New Orleans but I could not remember your name.

The slow response has sickened me. I don't understand why the governments, federal and local, did not respond in the fastest manner possible. I hear stories of regular people driving in from Texas with supplies and knocking on doors to help the trapped people. The media was able to get down there much quicker than the supplies, and if they can make it, why can't the rescue efforts. I don't understand why water and basic food supplies were not airdropped in.

Rebuilding the Gulf and and restoring New Orleans will take years amd lots of money. I feel so bad for the people who have lost homes, most their possession, family and pets and who probably do not have home insurance to compensate them for their losses.

Try to not hate all the celebrities...some were doing what they could to promote the cause and get people to donate. For the ones that hail from New Orleans, Mississippi, and Alabama, this is close to their hearts and they only want to get help and money for the region to rebuild.

The people from Texas have been very generous as they accept and house so many people into their state.

It is a good idea for us to call and write to our congressmen and express our views on this relief effort and show support for the Katrina's victims.

FLO, is your house still standing? is it underwater? Do you have a place to stay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Utter,

We are safe with friends and family in Lake Charles, LA.
    We have rented a home in LAfayette, LA and our son is on a soccer team for the fall. We do not know yet which school he will attend.

We are very fortunate and have landed on our feet. My in-law drove by my home today and says it looked dry and not much wind damge.

We know that we are very fortunate and most of our family and friends have landed on their feet. Thanks to the Lord we are ok and should be living soon a semblance of our recent life soon.

We are humbled by the Texans and the American people's generosity from all their offers of good will.

Gov. Blanco needs to be shot, the Mayor Nagin of N.O. commended and the media was totally useless as they could have helping the relief effort by volunteering or asking their peers in NY, etc. to place pressure on the Red Cross, Fema etc. but they kept on focusing on the negative instead of a positive solution.

Eli and Petyon Manning are awesome! Most celebs that have assited are awesome too. Making donations are great but keeping them personal is most special like a personal prayer to one's God. I am sorry but the media keeps dropping names when there was no relief for the refugees in and near the city.

Chaos at every level.

Bagdad on the Bayou!

Thanks Utter!

FLO

IT brings tears to my eyes just reading about your story and the devastation that has happened down there. I am so glad you are making the best of a terrible situation. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family and all that has suffered through this tragedy. God bless!!

FLO, glad to know you're alright!

I've been watching CNN since yesterday and, despite "seeing" all those images of despair and devastation, one can only imagine the true hardships that so many thousands of unfortunate people are suffering.

I admire and respect your feeling of honest frustration. The entire ordeal is one historic calamity, never-before-seen in the U.S.A. -- and the relief efforts, though apparently now (i.e., Saturday night) underway and organized and effective to some degree ... were nevertheless late initially to the scene.

There are critical lessons to be learned from this disaster. First 9/11, now 9/1.

I hope and trust this experience is being taken at heart by the government as well as by those governed. I also hope that the states of LA and MS and AL and TX, indeed, the nation as one ... will refrain from finger pointing and useless, needless, harmful reactions.

Venting is necessary and understandable; again, there have been already a few days of deep, painful suffering and humiliation. Still, the great heart of America is pumping well and the aid, the generosity and the kindness of many others are reaching to that zone of horror in compasion and good will.

Hang in there, friend! God bless.

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

My family and I have been donating through our Companies and will continue to do so untill The Gulf coast returns To stability.My son says he'll keep giving part of his lawn mowing money to the Red Cross untill the Saints play in New Orleans again.

Big effort coming out of my area and it makes me proud to be a part of this Community.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

FLO...glad to hear you and your family are doing alright.

Please let us know if you hear of any special or specific needs that are not being filled and perhaps the Clan can find a way to provide assistance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My wife and I made it to our home yesterday and found a twister had broken several branches on my water oak tree but no severe damage to my home or my neighbors. No water at all, in fact my lawn and garden need water!

To say the least we are extremely lucky and humbled by our fortune during a dark time.

I want to thank all fellow clannies and their families for their concerns and their contributions to the Red Cross.

The poor in New Orleans and other areas stricken from KAtrinia really need our help.

You guys and our communities make me proud!

Thank you and God Bless,

FLO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast