Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Re: Help on the way from the Clan!! (Hurricane Katrina)

Godspeed to your complete recovery FLO and to your family,friends,and everyone affected.
    Last edited by psycho9985; -09-06-2005 at 10:33 PM.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Our best wishes to your family FLO during this trying time. The FEDERAL govt should be totally ashamed at their lack of an immediate response to this catastrophe. Far too many tragic stories and lives needlessly lost. This is simpy yet another POX on the face of the pathetic Bush administration.

The region I live in endured a similar(but clearly smaller scale) tragedy(massive flood,city of 30,000 lost) in the spring of 1997 and the cities impacted have bounced back strongly. Hang in there...things will turn around.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I don't have cable right now, so I don't really see the news, but...

Is the city accepting any volunteer workers/helpers yet? I have a few friends that are interested if it's at all possible. Any info would be appreciated.

RealRam is offline Registered User

EDM, if you go to these two links, you will find the needed info:

1. Katrina -- donate and general relief effort: http://www.networkforgood.org/topics/animal_environ/hurricanes/?source=AOL&cmpgn=NEWS&RTP=http://news.channel.aol.com

2. Katrina -- to volunteer:
    http://www.networkforgood.org/OffsiteFrame/?SiteURL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.usafreedomcorps.gov%2fcontent%2ffor_volunteers%2ffind_opps%2findex.asp

They're good people. :up: Including you and your friends!
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-06-2005 at 01:44 AM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

FLO, it's awful good to hear from you. Glad to know you and your family are okay. As the rebuilding begins, there are just so many questions. Why did the governor wait a full 24 hours to call for a state of emergency after Bush told her to? Why did she not call out the National Guard quicker? Why didn't the mayor utilize the 2000 school buses he had at his disposal? There are just so many questions that need to be answered some day down the road.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

FLO, Iím very happy that you and your family are safe and can move forward from this point on. Although it may seem like quite a long road ahead but remember that many prayers, especially from your ClanRam family and all over America are being sent in your direction. I have sent donations already and my Company have and still are setting up funding and food donations and my husbandís Company have and also continue to donate tons of meat to the American Red Cross to feed those who are in need.

We do have good hearted people in this world and Iím proud to personally see many of them giving in any way they can, including our young childrenÖGod Bless to your family FLO and everyone affected by this tragedy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12