HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Here's a random movie thought for ya....

....remember the scene in The Breakfast Club where Bender (Judd Nelson) takes a screw out of the Library door so the door wouldn't stay open? Andrew (Emelio Estevez) and Claire (Molly Ringwald) are both yelling at him to put it back when Principal Vernon (Paul Gleason) walks in yelling and wanting to know what happened to the door. Vernon tries to put a chair in front of it, but the door is too heavy. Vernon even has Andrew move a magazine cabinet in front of the door to keep it open. Nothing works, so Vernon has to allow the door to stay closed, but only after giving Bender two months of detention. Yea, you remember that scene?

Well, have you ever noticed that there is a foot peg at the bottom of the door? Why didn't Vernon just kick the foot peg down to keep the door open?

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: Here's a random movie thought for ya....

Very observant. I have watched that movie many, many times and never cuaght that. Then again, maybe you should get out more Hub??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRamFan View Post
    Very observant. I have watched that movie many, many times and never cuaght that. Then again, maybe you should get out more Hub??
    Sarge, I too, have seen that movie several times. When it came out, I was at the age where the high school kids were my idols. So, everybody my age wanted to be somebody from that movie. But, Friday, I was home with the kids, and happened to catch it on the satellite. I'm watching that scene and there it was.......a door peg. Unbelievable.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He was too busy planning his next raid on Barry Manilow's closet to notice the peg.

Spoken like a true neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie.

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Spoken like a true neo-maxi-zoom-dweebie.
    Gnarly, dude!! Oops wrong movie...

Vernon: Gimme that.
    Bender: I don't have it.
    Vernon: You want me to yank you out of that seat and shake it out of you?
    Bender: I don't have it. Screws fall out all the time, the worlds' an imperfect place.
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -09-23-2006 at 10:31 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...